PDA

View Full Version : Axle Issue

Woogi
08-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Ok, well first off, I am looking forward to all the help you guys can supply.

So I have recently bought a 98(?) 300ex and I am having issues. I have just bought a new carrier/barrings and a whole host of other things, but when I went to install the axle I noticed that I seem to have about 1/2 inch to an inch of slack in the axle (sliding) There is an aftermarket axle installed (will post many photos soon as camera is dead after taking the photos).

I am 99% sure that I reinstalled everything correctly. But just to verify:

(look at the rear end from behind, starting from the far left side)

Wheel Hub----retaining ring--sprocket holder--carrier--Rear brake caliber holder--Large C Ring (holding carrier in)--brake disc hub--brake disc--locking nut--retaining ring--wheel hub

everything goes together well, but when I put the locking nut on there is about an 1" or so gap between the nut and the retaining ring if i slid the axle to the left ('driver side') everything seems to 'tighten up' but now there is a gap by the sprocket.

I hope this makes since I will post photos later.

Got any suggestions?

stuntin andy
09-04-2009, 12:47 PM
im not sure but was the axle carrier you got the same as the old one??

for example if you had a dura blue axle u might need a durablue axle carrier??? i mean im not sure at all so dont listen to me just sayin tho

dirtdawg
09-07-2009, 10:08 AM
This happened to me when i got my g-force axle. I made a spacer using a piece of lead pipe that was just big enough to fit over the axle. I put it in between the brake disc and the locknut. It works great and haven't had a problem yet.