PDA

View Full Version : AMA expresses concern with health care debate

QuadJunkies
08-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet or somewhere on the homepage, but thought I would post it...

The AMA Expresses Concern with Health Care Debate
American Motorcyclist Association - The AMA Expresses Concern with Health Care Debate
http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=13939821&queueid=

Contact your Senators and Representative today!
Millions of on-highway and off-highway motorcyclists -- as well as all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riders -- may be adversely impacted by the various heath care bills currently under consideration in Congress. The AMA opposes any legislation that may restrict the freedoms of millions of riders enjoying an active lifestyle.
Motorcyclists and ATV riders cherish personal freedom and responsibility when it comes to enjoying their passion for riding. As Congress continues to deliberate on health care reform, the AMA needs your help in urging your elected officials not to abdicate the rights of the insured to an unelected commission or board, which will render final decisions regarding appropriate medical coverage for individuals who ride as a mode of transportation or for recreation (e.g., denial of a procedure). We must remain vigilant, thereby helping to ensure that motorcyclists and ATV riders will continue to be able to pursue their chosen recreational pursuit without the addition of unneeded prohibitions, limitations or mandates stemming from the health care legislation under consideration.
There is precedent for us to be concerned with regarding any health care legislation coming from Washington. For example in 1996, Congress passed the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) that was intended to ensure non-discrimination in health coverage in the group market. However, when it came to implementing the law, the Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service and the Health Care Financing Administration - now the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - issued a rule allowing insurers to deny health benefits for an otherwise covered injury that results from certain types of recreational activities, such as skiing, horseback riding, snowmobiling or motorcycling. Even though the AMA has fought this discriminatory rule with legislation, this indicates what could happen if a new health care bill is implemented by bureaucrats in Washington using biased data.
To voice your concern regarding the various health care bills, it is imperative that you contact your elected officials. The fastest way to reach your members of Congress is to call them. You can find contact information for your elected officials on AmericanMotorcyclist.com, click on "Rights," then "Issues & Legislation," and enter your zip code in the "Find your Officials" box. Additionally, a prewritten e-mail is available for you to send to your officials by following the "Take Action" option and entering your information.
All AMA members and anyone else who enjoys an active lifestyle is urged to contact their elected officials and to tell them to protect the freedoms that riders cherish from being dictated by Washington bureaucrats

Pappy
08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
TTT

This is yet another reason to avoid government run health care.

I'm sure the yuppies in Vale will not be happy if they find out their broken leg isnt covered due to their recreational activities...same with the uppity horse riding crowd.

tt racer
08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey Pappy its all good for Obama freeze all this stimulis money up so more people can lose their jobs and with that goes the health care and then the votes will support his theory. Obama is a frikin hero! Go Obama! The economy is so much better its getting better just keep telling america its getting better! We will all buy his words soon enough. Im done with this..............

insaneracin2003
08-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by tt racer
Hey Pappy its all good for Obama freeze all this stimulis money up so more people can lose their jobs and with that goes the health care and then the votes will support his theory. Obama is a frikin hero! Go Obama! The economy is so much better its getting better just keep telling america its getting better! We will all buy his words soon enough. Im done with this.............. :confused:
:rolleyes:

Pappy
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Hard to tell what he was trying to relay....

insaneracin2003
08-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Hard to tell what he was trying to relay....
I prolly shoud not have posted that cause I can see the political debate coming...lol..I edited it out. I am just not a fan of everything he does.

Pappy
08-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Well to each their own....I never stated Obama, but I did the government. Obama alone can not change this.....

Everyone I know would love to see health care reformed so that it is affordable for everyone, but not to the extent of having it in the current state the bill has. If Obama can make that happen, more power to him but I think its dying and hard.

When I had to renue our insurance I was very sure that our activities were covered....now that I can not afford health insurance on my own, I have to becareful what we do. I cant swing another $80,000 bill

Pappy
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
IMO..one of the scariest parts of this massive bill is the fact that they want to have direct access to your bank account....I dont care who is in charge, thats a bad sign

QuadJunkies
08-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
IMO..one of the scariest parts of this massive bill is the fact that they want to have direct access to your bank account....I dont care who is in charge, thats a bad sign

ITs a bunch of **** !!

Ill close my bank account before I let the Gov. touch a dime . Ill stick my money in a hole in the floor first. lol
I told Troy about that and he didnt believe me about the Gov having access to accounts,he still doesnt. . :p

insaneracin2003
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
They don't want any part of my account, The US will be in deeper than they are now:blah:

Pappy
08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Then they will attach your wages....you cant hide that:p

tt racer
08-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the rant just tired of the gov. slash Obama trying to strip americans rights. We all know something must be done about alot of issues but dont take our rights away to do it. This is how i feel about it. Its just a opinion relax.

Pappy
08-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by tt racer
Sorry for the rant just tired of the gov. slash Obama trying to strip americans rights. We all know something must be done about alot of issues but dont take our rights away to do it. This is how i feel about it. Its just a opinion relax.

LOL..we agree with you:p