PDA

View Full Version : Can any one help ?

Goob
08-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Ok I can't get that good of a reading on the plug maybe I'm not giving it enough time I really haven't had that much time to mess w it goin to more this weekend hopefully I can work it out I have a 09 400x with a k&n filter lid on hmf sport series full exhaust choke removed and 42 pilot I have tried up to a 160 main and it runs best at 152 I can pull it up in 5 without using the clutch it's very strong anything higher it kinda stumbles when in a wheelie but I'm afraid it's too lean ANd I don't want to mess anything up my fuel screw is 2.25 out does this sound pretty close with my setup I'm about 500ft above sea level

Ryanwolfe911
08-27-2009, 05:50 AM
I still can't figure out what everyone's obsession is with removing the choke. It doesn't do ANYTHING, but make it harder to start your bike.

But back to your question, it sounds like you got he jetting nailed down pretty good. The way I read my plugs is to ride around for a bout 20 minutes to get it warmed up real good, then go WOT in 2nd or 3rg gear and shut the bike off right at WOT and just coast it to a stop. Pull the plug and check it then.

F-16Guy
08-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Sounds pretty close to me. If it starts losing power when you jet higher, it's probably getting too rich, so you must be just about right on the money.

Goob
08-27-2009, 06:56 AM
K thanks I can't tell a diff in the choke a little better throttle respnse I just ordered the sparks key I have read that it's the best bang for the buck and on the jetting I was just worried I was too lean but 152 is when it runs best