PDA

View Full Version : pro-x 310 topend question

upinsmoke
08-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Well i just got a pro-x 310 topend for 86 250r ported for topend and dunes what carb and pipe should i use i was thinking of using an 36mm air striker or 38mm air striker and for the pipe i was thinking esr or paul turner just not sure thanks.

I ride at glamis
this is what i have
rad valve
lrd pipe
k&n filter
stock carb
axis suspension

i coming from ported stock topend with thin head gasket

ps: all ready searched

1promodfan
08-26-2009, 07:59 PM
You'll probably get a lot of different responses. This is my opinion.......go with a 38 Airstryker or maybe even a 39 PWK. And as far as the pipe, I'd go with the Eddie Sanders TRX-9. Thats the pipe I have, and when I bought it, Eddie said it was great for the dunes. Just my 2 cents..........

norcalduner
08-26-2009, 10:53 PM
If you are set on keeping that rad valve, then my suggestion would be the 38 a/s with the esr trx5 .....

BUT, if that was mine AND based on your porting, I would get vforce reeds/cage, 39 pwk, esr trx9, and hold the f*ck on haha !!!

upinsmoke
08-27-2009, 02:13 AM
i think im going with 38as and rad valveI still want to keep it as much all around power as I can I don't want it to be a top end rocket is the txr 5 a good all around pipe

cdrookie
08-27-2009, 05:40 AM
your porting is what dictates where the power will be and since you have top end porting... you're not gonna change it with bolt on's.

little difference between the 38A/S and 39PWK
also not a whole lot between the rad valve and v force. with your porting, the motor would probably preform better with the 39 and v force but i'd only go that route if you find a great deal on them.

the trx5 or 5r would be a great choice for the dunes

Honda 250r 001
08-27-2009, 06:59 AM
defeneatly 39 for top end power. also use a dyno port pipe or a ers trx 5.

upinsmoke
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Is there that much different's in throttle responds and top end between 38,39 i dont want it to bog alot still want to have some playfullness in the dunes.

also what one is better for the way i want my setup txr 5 or txr 5r

hondamancbr03
08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Do your home work on the two carbs...From what i've always been told is that the 38 A/S has better fuel delivery at the bottom (additional ports) where as the 39 does not but it has better flow at the top end.

I run the 38 A/S but i'm considering going to the TM...The TM has a lot of adjustablity and great fuel delivery (in my opinion) for my style of riding.

08-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
your porting is what dictates where the power will be and since you have top end porting... you're not gonna change it with bolt on's.

little difference between the 38A/S and 39PWK
also not a whole lot between the rad valve and v force. with your porting, the motor would probably preform better with the 39 and v force but i'd only go that route if you find a great deal on them.

the trx5 or 5r would be a great choice for the dunes

There are a lot of factors that dictate where the power will be, not just porting. The pipe is one area that has a healthy influence on your powerband. Example, an ESR TRX7 pipe and an ESR TRX9 pipe will have a significantly different powerband on the same engine.

cdrookie
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
right, but you're not gonna bolt a 7 on a topend port and have stump pulling torque...

hondamancbr03
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
right, but you're not gonna bolt a 7 on a topend port and have stump pulling torque...

Very true.......

The pipe and port are to work together as a match, putting a top end pipe on a bottom/mid port will only work against itself. When the pipe comes on the engine is already past it's sweet spot on the port timing....Same as if it was a top end port with a bottom/mid pipe.

Honda 250r 001
08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by upinsmoke
Is there that much different's in throttle responds and top end between 38,39 i dont want it to bog alot still want to have some playfullness in the dunes.

also what one is better for the way i want my setup txr 5 or txr 5r

they dont bog if you are in the correct gear and its jetted correct.

people think that if you get a top end carb and a bottom end pipe and a top end port and bottom end timing. it will be the best of both worlds, but its really ****, if you ported your cylinder for top end, get a 39 or 40.5. Get the esr trx 9 for mid-top end power and the v-force for top end.

hondamancbr03
08-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
if you ported your cylinder for top end, get a 39 or 40.5. Get the esr trx 9 for mid-top end power and the v-force for top end.

Now that would be a good set up.......

upinsmoke
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Cool lot of good info this is what i was looking for wasn't sure if my set up was going to work. I got a good ideal of what i would be going with but i would like to know if any body has tried trx 5,5r and the trx 9 on a smiler setup and what version of the v-force 1,2,3, should i run ?

this is what it lookin like now

39pwk
v-force
trx 9 or 5,5r

Thanks to everybody for the info.

cdrookie
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
there's a good comparison between the 5 and 5r over on the R site

upinsmoke
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
thanks