PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu

madskrillz2
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Just when I thought it was all over and done with, it's making a come back this fall. People are dropping like flies around here and the vaccine doesn't come through until October. It getting like this anywhere else?

08-26-2009, 07:51 PM
they might shut the schools down to try and prevent the spread....so im happy:D :D :D more ridin time and less learin time:D :D

bens250ex
08-26-2009, 07:58 PM
we have around 100 cases at mississippi state so i heard......................im so excited

Nac's22
08-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by billet250ex
they might shut the schools down to try and prevent the spread....so im happy:D :D :D more ridin time and less learin time:D :D
Yup you will just have to make it up by them taking away some of your vacations during the school year or extending it into your summer vacation for 2010:rolleyes:.

Swine flu is no joke man, I hope they figure something out with this soon, one less thing to have on my mind.

Pappy
08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Bird flu...Swine flu...wake me up when they release the pou-nani flu...

Eat yer veggys, get plenty of rest, stay healthy and you wont have much to worry about.

08-26-2009, 08:09 PM
ohh i get my sleep on vacation i got to bed well whenever i want but usually around 11 and i dont get up till like noon lol and im pretty healthy(besides my wrist and bruises all down me from wreckin my bike jumpin it lol....)and fuc that!!!put us in school i wanna have my vacation!

Pipeless416
08-26-2009, 08:34 PM
ohh i get my sleep on vacation i got to bed well whenever i want but usually around 11 and i dont get up till like noon lol and im pretty healthy(besides my wrist and bruises all down me from wreckin my bike jumpin it lol....)and fuc that!!!put us in school i wanna have my vacation!

watch your mouth kid :grr: .

as far as the swine flu.. people just need to take a little extra precaution when it comes to things like washing hands. so many things could be shut down if people kept their hands cleaner.

reptikes
08-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Its usally young children whos immune systems aren't quite strong enough to fight it off, and elderly people (Cough/Pappy/Cough) that can't beat the virus. And die as a result. Although some young, healthy adults have died from it too.
W.H.O. and the U.N. say that a 90,000 people death toll by the end of winter is fore seeable. Thats if it doesn't mutate... if it does we could realistically could be looking millions.

And remember these are just the U.S. numbers.

kawabunga
08-26-2009, 08:49 PM

More learnin time wouldn't hurt you.

08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
i wash my hands all the time!!!my doctor actually told me to quit washin as much cuz my hands are always chapped and they say that a person from canada that had it and then went to mexico and all kinds of people got it and then it spread throughout the u.s.

Pappy
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Here, I was searchin for african boobies and ran across this

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/04/090427-swine-flu-facts.html

usp4u
08-26-2009, 09:06 PM
I like how they come up with names like "H1N1" & "Swine Flu" instead of "Mexican flu". Shows were thinfs are nowadays.:ermm:

Pappy
08-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Actually, I believe it has been called the swine flu for well over 100 years:p

usp4u
08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Actually, I believe it has been called the swine flu for well over 100 years:p
I've been on a roll for the last two days, Pappy. Don't bring me down.:D
Europe seems to agree with me, although thats not something to brag about:http://www.wsoctv.com/swine-flu/19332543/detail.html

Pappy
08-26-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL:p

Ok Mexican flu it is!

usp4u
08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL:p

Ok Mexican flu it is! :D

matt14c
08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Dont more people still die from the regular flu every year than this thing anyways? Why dont they figure out how to stop that? This was probably the way the government wants to fix the economy anyway. If 90,000 people die thats what 9,000 less unemployed people.

reptikes
08-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Dont more people still die from the regular flu every year than this thing anyways? Why dont they figure out how to stop that? This was probably the way the government wants to fix the economy anyway. If 90,000 people die thats what 9,000 less unemployed people.

You know whats messed up i was gonna type that as a joke.

usp4u
08-26-2009, 09:17 PM
A "tin-foil hat man" like myself can respect your theory....But, dang it, Mexican flu is the current scourge!!!!1111!!!!!Let us dogpile on that one.[usp4u sarcarsm off]

matt14c
08-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
You know whats messed up i was gonna type that as a joke.

Well didnt this crap come out or get big a little after or right around the election? What better way to kill 90,000 people then to form a disease and blame the dirty mexicans. Not like they can fight back or do anything about it. Heck if 90,000 more people die a year than maybe everytime I turn around they wont be turning another nice corn or bean field into a damn subdivison for empty homes to sit because no body has jobs. Or worse yet a damn trailer park. Those things are popping up like weeds!

Pappy
08-26-2009, 09:23 PM
From what i've read, and what my disease doc has told me, is that yes, more people to the tune of 35,000 or so die annually from the regular flu or flu related illness.

In 1918, 98,00 people died from the swine flu outbreak, but that was long before we had modern medecines. There is never a garuntee, this type of thing is what cleans up the weak. Its a crappy way to look at it but its natures way.

I still think all thsi world travel is whats causing alot of things of this nature. We can be here today, africa tomorrow and europe the day after that. In a sense, we have brought stuiff like this on ourselves.

What almsot killed me was almost identical to the bird flu, and I thought i was fairly healthy.

08-27-2009, 07:54 AM
I think it's way to try and get the attention off the obama healthcare reform so they can sneak it in.

More and more people have been going against this reform, so I wouldn't doubt it if the media is putting all the attention on this so more people forget about healthcare.

08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by matt14c
Dont more people still die from the regular flu every year than this thing anyways? Why dont they figure out how to stop that? This was probably the way the government wants to fix the economy anyway. If 90,000 people die thats what 9,000 less unemployed people. the regualr flu is harmless ive had it about 8 times since i was born.......it kills u whne u have aids and ur body's imune sytem cant fight the virus off thats how u die and i hear the swine flu is as harmless as the regualr flu people are diein from it cuz they have aids

dehner47
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Bird flu...Swine flu...wake me up when they release the pou-nani flu...

haha damn pappy. cant believe no on picked up what you were laying down. :D

i'm in the boat with you pap. bring on the pou-nani flu. i'll dive head first into that flu anyday. wait, maybe i already did. are some of the signs iching and a oozy discharge??

oh hell. i dont care. it was fun getting there either way:devil:

madskrillz2
08-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I still think all thsi world travel is whats causing alot of things of this nature. We can be here today, africa tomorrow and europe the day after that. In a sense, we have brought stuiff like this on ourselves.

What almsot killed me was almost identical to the bird flu, and I thought i was fairly healthy.

That's what has to be bringing this on. Kinda scary to think what other viruses could be ahead. As for the swine flu, I'm not too worried about it. It's just been all anybody talks about around here lately so I figured I'd see what everybody else thought. Bird Flu didn't cause any major damage, so why is this any different?

Pipeless416
08-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
That's what has to be bringing this on. Kinda scary to think what other viruses could be ahead. As for the swine flu, I'm not too worried about it. It's just been all anybody talks about around here lately so I figured I'd see what everybody else thought. Bird Flu didn't cause any major damage, so why is this any different?

seems like its just another thing the media is blowing out of proportion so we all become brain dead and start relying on the government.

Blizzard24
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
the regualr flu is harmless ive had it about 8 times since i was born.......it kills u whne u have aids and ur body's imune sytem cant fight the virus off thats how u die and i hear the swine flu is as harmless as the regualr flu people are diein from it cuz they have aids

You have a lot to learn...
Most forms of flu are serious if anyone with a compromised immune system contracts it. It could be a child, elderly or a normally heathy adult that is just run down. It has nothing to do with AIDs. No flu is "harmless" and if you have had the flu 8 different times, you most likely have had 8 different strains as the human body produces antibodies that attack the same strain if you come down with it again.

Swine flu appears to be a more tame strain of flu but appears to be more contagious than some of the other strains. Swine flu was over hyped by the media and has caused panic throughout most/all modern countries. It needs to run its course just like any other strain of the virus and as Pappy stated, unfortunetely, it will cleanse the population, just a part of the natural selection process.

08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
then i guess my health teacher is a complete idiot

Kickstarts-suck
08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
so im happy:D :D :D more ridin time and less learin time:D :D

Just what you need. Less learning time..

08-27-2009, 02:32 PM
it would actually be more learin time on the quad so its good

Blizzard24
08-27-2009, 03:15 PM
then i guess my health teacher is a complete idiot

None of the publisized deaths of swine flu were from people suffering from AIDs. I remember one was a woman who had complications from giving birth, a School Principal in NYC that had pre exisiting medical problems, not to mention all the teenagers that contracted it while in Mexico.

So if your health teacher is telling you only people with AIDS are going to come down with Swine Flu, then yes, your health teacher is an idiot.

IRISH-RACER-14
08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
we have it here in ireland, play schools and creche's are clossed for the remaineder of the next 2 months,

gncc025
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
we had a local football game canceled because the other team was infested with swine flu. Its getting pretty bad around here in north MS.

hondariderdylan
08-27-2009, 04:19 PM
there were 150 people out today with all kinds of being sick and what not
i was sick this past week, and now my buddy next door has the swine flu:ermm:

scottwvu
08-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade, BUT,
unlike the "traditional" flu, (more dangerous to the very old and the very young), the swine flu is FAR more dangerous to 12-65 year olds. Why? well.....

The swine flu kills through a process called Cytokine storms. (I hope I spelled that right). It is where the strength of the infected person's immune system is turned against them. The stronger you are, the more likely your immune system will kill you.

Now, having said that, the H5N1 flu has a fatality rate of 1.28%.
Unless it radically mutates, this will be like a worse than usual "traditional" flu season.

The 1918 Spanish flu (and other pandemics) start with a mild version in the spring, only to return with a vengence in the fall. Will that happen this year?.....probably not.

Just take the proper precautions and STAY AT HOME if you feel bad. Stay there until 24 hours have passed with NO symptoms. Other than that, just continue on as normal.....

timmy400exfast
08-27-2009, 07:53 PM
im not the smartest person around but im not buying itjust like the normal flu stay healthy and you'll be fine im not liking how the news is trying to scare us and hell how do we even know this vaccine will work how do we know that complications from the vaccaine wont kill some ppl huh thats just my .02

BlaineKaiser450
08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
i had swine flu 2 weeks ago and it wasnt even bad. At all.

TCracin440ex
08-28-2009, 06:44 AM
well my mom went to the doctor yesterday because she had gotten sick. and she has swine flu. im very worried bout her but im also worried that everybody that lives under the same roof will get it. we been walking arround the house with dust masks, rubber gloves, and spraying lysol like crazy, and using hand sanitizer like crazy too because none of us in the house want to catch it.

scottwvu
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
i had swine flu 2 weeks ago and it wasnt even bad. At all.

this makes me feel better......