PDA

View Full Version : Rzr 170 performance

Colby@C&DRacing
08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
C&D Racing has developed performance parts for the 170. We have cam shafts and cylinder head porting combo that works very well. We also have complete performance clutch kits and High output coils.

it3iceman
12-23-2009, 10:37 PM
How much does this cost, and what kind of hp can one expect to gain? Also do you carry a pipe for it? I just bought one for my son and it is slow compared to his 90cc quad :(

Colby@C&DRacing
12-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks for interest in our RZR 170 performance parts. I will go over some of the mods we have and explain them and then list the prices below. We have been doing development on the 170 engine since last spring and have come up with some great parts. We currently have a couple of good cam shafts that increases hp and torque throughout the entire RPM range. The new cams have a reduced base circle and requires new modified rocker arms for proper valve adjustment. We couple these new cams with our in house cylinder head porting and three angle valve job. We are in the process of testing our new 180cc big bore ktis ( the RZR170 is actually only 159 cc) this kit will be offered both with std compression or high compression. For clutching we have a new race profile front clutch that has a larger diameter to allow for a higher final ratio. We tune the rollers in the clutch to meet the customers needs and to match the engine mods and tire sizes. The rear clutch is also modified with a new slide face that allows for a lower starting gear ratio for better take off and new springs for better back shifting. We also have high output coils. All of our mods have been dyno tested and proven for performance gains and reliability. Our first 170 we built was used in a 2 hour endurance racing in august and won its class without any issues. We are currently working on new cdi boxes and other reliable fixes for the low rev limiter
$105 camshaft
$71.50 Rocker pair
$155 front clutch
$25 per set extra rollers
$20 rear clutch spring
$55 rear clutch face
$38.50 high output coil.
$200 port and polish head and intake manifold
$65 for three angle valve job
Feel free to call with any questions
402-614-2508

We also carry the Vent Racing intake and exhaust as well as the Alba intake and exhaust. We have dyno graphs available for different levels of mods but the most gains we have seen are form the head porting, camshaft and clutching

riggsracin
01-08-2010, 09:05 PM
heard u can un gov them and they are alot faster, my local dealer said they un gov there so they will sale

Colby@C&DRacing
01-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Yes there is a throttle stop bolt under the foot pedal that really limits the 170 from the factory. After turning the stop out all the way they are pretty descend little machines but you will reach the limits of the stock setup pretty fast that were we come in :)