PDA

View Full Version : Popping when runing

mmbintn
08-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Well ever since I put the 11:1 piston and cam I have had a problem with the bike popping when I hold the throttle steady. If I get on it or when I let off of it it sounds normal its only when I have the throttle held steady. It doesnt matter what the RPM's are and it doesnt matter if its in gear. It almost sounds like its bouncing off the rev limiter. I checked the pug and it is running rick so I leaned it out one click (edelbrock 440) and it still does it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Micah.

insaneracin2003
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mmbintn
Well ever since I put the 11:1 piston and cam I have had a problem with the bike popping when I hold the throttle steady. If I get on it or when I let off of it it sounds normal its only when I have the throttle held steady. It doesnt matter what the RPM's are and it doesnt matter if its in gear. It almost sounds like its bouncing off the rev limiter. I checked the pug and it is running rick so I leaned it out one click (edelbrock 440) and it still does it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Micah.
I would actually richen it up....one click at a time.... see what happends...

mmbintn
08-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I thought about that but when I pulled the plug it was really black and I noticed that it would puff out smoke when I bumped the throttle really good.

250xfreak
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
try it without the airbox lid on if you haven't yet , my 416 did the same thing, without the lid it runs ALOT better.

mmbintn
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 250xfreak
try it without the airbox lid on if you haven't yet , my 416 did the same thing, without the lid it runs ALOT better.

I have never run a lid. It came off when I bought it. I am running a CFM airbox with the battery inside and a UNI/Outerwears filter.