PDA

View Full Version : my burgard cycle rant

uchi
08-25-2009, 09:08 PM
i decided a month ago to order a set of bairing for my carrier. 1 month, i can find the exact date, could have been even longer than that. so i assumed 2 weeks tops and ill have them. 2 weeks go by nothing. so i send out an email asking for information on my order. they said theyd look into it. another week goes by i send another email asking for details on my order and if the item hasnt been shipped to just go ahead and refund my money. today it arrived. shipping august 21st. ordered begining of august. i dunno. maybe the first set got lost in the mail, maybe it wasnt sent. who knows what happened. i was happy they arrived and pissed off to find out im being guaged 21 bucks by ups. ive had larger items shipped from japan over 3 days and paid half of that for duty fees. i dunno just annoyed i guess. i missed a good bit of riding because i wanted to go with these guys.

honda400ex2003
08-25-2009, 11:24 PM
dude that is rediculous. glad to hear you finally got them though. steve

400exrider707
08-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Burgard products are decent for the money, but others have had the issue you have, poor customer service. Next time try getting the Burgard stuff from a different vendor, instead of direct. I get my stuff from Hellbound ATV out of PA. I get my stuff in one day usually, sometimes two. I'm in NY.

ngates788
08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Burgard products are decent for the money, but others have had the issue you have, poor customer service. Next time try getting the Burgard stuff from a different vendor, instead of direct. I get my stuff from Hellbound ATV out of PA. I get my stuff in one day usually, sometimes two. I'm in NY.

i have nothing bad to say about hellbound. they have great customer service and i have ordered numerous times from them and never a problem.

hondaking52
08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
you from canada uchi?

Moto Pro472
08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
A lot of times its eaiser to just call them.... emails get lost and pushed to the backburner... there good guys just have busy lives like everyone else

uchi
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
yup from canada. they had no problem taking my money but must have forgotten that i had paid for something. they replied to my first email and didnt bother with the second instead they finally shipped my item. regardless after taking this long they wont get a cent from me again. i was looking at ordering some other stuff through there in the future but now id rather find another vendor.

just checked paypal. payment went out july 24th and arrived just the other day. bull****.

hondaking52
08-28-2009, 02:09 AM
ya every part i've ordered from the US has had duty on it. its like a kick to the nards wen the ups guy comes....

uchi
08-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Ups is terrible for that same with fedex. I find dhl to be the cheapest of them all. And usps to be even cheaper. I still can't beleve they dinged me for half of what the item was worth.

katch26
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
UPS/FedEX/DHL are going to be the same for duties as they are privately owned companies and the not federal organizations. The "duties" aren't really duties but brokerage fees and range somewhere in the 40% to Canada. Canada used to allow up to 55 USD to pass through without additional brokerage/duty free (taxes may/may not be assessed) but have recently dropped it to 20-25 dollars.

hondaking52
08-28-2009, 02:48 PM
i dont think its 40%, wen i bought my rims/tires it came to 9 somthing cdn, i had to pay 175 in fee's......lame..

katch26
08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
thats the average.......

trx750gsxr
03-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Whats the deal with these guys? I paid two weeks ago. No reply to my emails no one picking up the phone during normal business hours. Getting very pissed off! well never buy another product. I would rather pay for excellent customer service then a good product. Whats the waiting time on my shipment of my two ball joints? Im moving soon so they need to hurry up and get here:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hondaking52
03-05-2011, 03:59 PM
they seem to be kinda slacking it seems...

trx750gsxr
03-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Nothing worse then leaving you in the dark. I googled "burguardcycle poor customer service and my oh my I should of researched........

MisterGraphic
03-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah, good products but they are
lacking on customer service.

My friend bought a set of A-arms in
August 2010 and he just received the
missing parts he ordered in January 2011...

That was after numerous emails/calls with no responses....
Guess what? there is still missing part in the package.

He's so fed up I don't even think he'll bother
to contact them again or ever buy from them.

That's the main reason I ended up purchasing an Ebay steering stem.

When I send my money somewhere,
especially when I haven't seen the product
before my eyes, across the country,
I expect to be treated like a real customer.

After a while, all the excuses in the world just doesn't cut it....

trx750gsxr
03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
What's he missing? I work in a machine shop and could turn a bushing or two. I'm looking for my 14mm shaft ball joints to come in

Let me know if there's something I could make for him. Just a rider helping a rider:blah:

jtalleman
03-06-2011, 09:26 AM
yeah i just ordered some arms for my 400 from them the other day sent a couple emails and they called me cus i was asking fro my money back already cus of all the problems i have been hearing about but they said i should rcieve them on weds so if tha thappens awesome if not they will be losing my bus

trx750gsxr
03-06-2011, 09:32 AM
So is that what it takes? Call em and leave a msg that you want ur money back? Unbelievable

honda400ex2003
03-06-2011, 09:42 AM
holy thread digging guys. this is from 09 you know... understandable that you bumped it since you had an issue though. that def sucks! hopefully they will rectify the situation for you.

steve

trx750gsxr
03-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes it maybe from 09 but burguard obviously still has poor customer service!

jtalleman
03-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh I didn't even notice that I just saw it at the top of the thread

bullett
03-06-2011, 10:21 AM
I haven't had any problems with Burgard at all. I've ordered my steering stem and my a-arms through them and both shipped really quick. I even told them not to worry about expedited shipping because I'm in Afghanistan and won't be able to use them for a while and they showed up in less than a week.

250x_kyle
03-06-2011, 02:34 PM
it took me three months to get a rear break line and bearing carrier from them. i called numberous times and talked to them politely. they day it turned to three months i threatened to file a complaint with the BBB and the credit card company and got it two days later.

Pipeless416
03-06-2011, 05:33 PM
i have burgard arms and a burgard stem and i couldn't be happier with their service. PM burgard rep. he definitely takes care of the members here. i have also had multiple sets of stickers sent for free for my a arms and it has only taken a few days.

trx750gsxr
03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Do you have the burguard reps user name. That would be great! Just need to get these before I move. Then I will never see em.......

Pipeless416
03-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by trx750gsxr
Do you have the burguard reps user name. That would be great! Just need to get these before I move. Then I will never see em.......

"burgard rep" haha. theres a burgard section here, but after reading some of the recent threads, it seems like a few people are having a pretty rough time getting parts. :ermm:

trx750gsxr
03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Thinking of putting up a bash burguard post and tell the exriders community to boycott these *******s!!!!

wild250rman
03-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Thinking of putting up a bash burguard post and tell the exriders community to boycott these *******s!!!!
give them a chance to explain!

250x_kyle
03-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
i have burgard arms and a burgard stem and i couldn't be happier with their service. PM burgard rep. he definitely takes care of the members here. i have also had multiple sets of stickers sent for free for my a arms and it has only taken a few days.

i felt that way the first few times i delt with them after the last one i will never deal with them again. houser will see my money from now on. houser has been nothing but good to me easy to contact quick with price quotes and get stuff out fast. majic racing screwed me one as well i will never send them a penny again either.

trx750gsxr
03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear that about magic racing man. I can walk into there store and get what I need if I have to. Prices are usually a little steep! Any way why should I give them a chance to explain if they don't respond to emails or answer the damn phone? I will never get a explanation and I'm sure its gonna be BS anyhow.........

uchi
03-07-2011, 01:34 PM
ill add to this. they redeemed themselves to me. i should have added to his but forgot bout it and just saw the email had come through with a reply to it.

the bearings came in. they sat on my workbench for awhile and once we decided to put them in realized they were the wrong bearings. they were for their race carrier despite being listed as being for the oem honda carrier. so i ended up hving to buy a set of all balls bearings and used those.

i was clearly pissed about this entire thing and i sent them a professional email expressing my extreme displeasure with their customer service, explaining that i run a business and id never treat a client of mine the way i had been treated, lied to several times,and then to top it off being sent the wrong bearings. i explained to them theyve lost a customer and that id kindly spread he word of this disaster to everyone i spoke to on these forums.

it was professional, polite, but stern. the next day i get a phone call from burgard. i expected to get into i with someone from there but the guy was very apologetic and offered to send me their race carrier at no cost to me at all. that right there redeemed my faith in the company. a free carrier fo the bearings that were shipped. he said the website was updated wrong or something along those lines.

that rectified the problem but the issues leading up to it honestly arent worth the hassle of dealing with them again.

MisterGraphic
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
My friend got the same excuse about the website....
after a while you just gotta fix the website...haha

250x_kyle
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Sorry to hear that about magic racing man. I can walk into there store and get what I need if I have to. Prices are usually a little steep! Any way why should I give them a chance to explain if they don't respond to emails or answer the damn phone? I will never get a explanation and I'm sure its gonna be BS anyhow.........

it was a few simple mistakes on there part shipped out the wrong parts. they made the offer to make it right but i had to pay for shipping back. it was going to cost me enough to ship it back as it was to run to the dealer and pick the stuff up they sent so why waste my time.

trx750gsxr
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Just thought I would jump on here and square things up. Burgardcycle did finally come through with the delivery of my two ball joints......just don't get was such negative customer service?????