PDA

View Full Version : evs help????

3400ben
08-25-2009, 08:08 PM
I bought my son a evs collar but his chest protector is too small to fit right with it. What are you guys using with the evs (over or under chest protectors and brands)????

coffing918
08-26-2009, 06:44 AM
my niece uses oneal underdog with hers works fine. its like the rockgaurden body armor. my son had an evs and i could never get it to fit right had to get him a leatt.

CRBOGGAN
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I posted a similar thing below under safety gear. Just thought you could keep a eye on that post to so mabey we can both learn. Good luck with the evs it looks like most use the leatt. You can look on six sixone web site and they have a under jersy made to go with neak braces. You are not the only one having this problem so if you find somthing good please let everyone know.

racerdad199
08-27-2009, 07:44 AM
My son uses the Answer Apex chest protector with his EVS neck brace and it fits him fine. He has never complained about it affecting him or restricting him.

WISH1965
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
We use the EVS (many people in the business rated them better than Leatt brace due to the way Leatt spreads the majority of the impact energy throughout the collar bone. I chose the EVS because of some of the evaluations I read comparing the EVS to the Leatt, not because of price point. Safety has no price) with a Fox cheast protector. Put the chest protector over the EVS brace sideways and once it goes below head level, turn it straight to get it to clear the EVS brace. If you put the chest protector on straight over his head, it will not work. Have to start out sideways first. It will work. It makes the brace more snug & in place with the protector over the brace. Let me know how you make out.