View Full Version : Plastic Fix?

danhung11
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone ever seen this or try to fix it somehow? I thought I was missing the piece, however it was still bolted onto the hood. Sorry for the pictures, they are bad due to the flash.

If anyone has any advice on how to make this work and last, let me know. These are OEM fenders, so I want to save them if at all possible.

Thanks,
Dan

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/f7j-m38i1megmKmZGEiGcQ?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ngb-MtZXMRYSrnJCHE-ZNA?feat=directlink

danhung11
08-25-2009, 07:28 PM
If anyone has a single full fender right side (Radiator Cap side), I would be interested.

Thanks again,
Dan

wykyd450R
08-25-2009, 07:50 PM
I have fixed a few things such as tabs, cracks with a hot soldering iron. I would take the iron down the crack where both pieces are mated against each other, to make em stick together. Then begin to "scrape" a lil material from the sides of the crack, towards the crack ( Make sure not to go too thin ), then begin to fill in the "v" Not sure if you think it sounds like a good idea, but I have fixed some plastics this way.

danhung11
08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I've thought about using some aircraft grade adhesive on the underside. I don't know about heating it up, seems like you would alter the mating surfaces and and also make the contact area weak due to the melting, etc. More importantly, it one of the main hood brackets.

Thanks for the input!
Dan

wykyd450R
08-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I know a young boy down the street for me messed his trx90 front fenders/hood up, and his parents took em to a local body shop, and they used fiberglass resin/mat on the underside. I was really doubtful, but it held. One of the machinists at work always has some epoxy type stuff I have never seen ( like at walmart, and such ) that does some pretty amazing/surprising things....Just a thought.

05LSR250R
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
yeah! Ive seen some epoxy at my buddies body shop that was amazing!