PDA

View Full Version : 450 question

fathead19
08-25-2009, 02:50 PM
I will try and keep this a brief as possible but I need some information. Back in the 80’s I raced 3 and 4 wheelers, mostly moto cross but some woods races and even a flat track or TT every now and then. If you do the math you will see that that puts me at just over forty years old. Now I am looking at getting back into riding with my boys, mostly trail riding but I would also like to run a few hare scrambles. From looking at the results form the winter series Honda and Yamaha seem to be the quads of choice. But I like the sound of fuel injection and reverse gear that the Kawasaki offers. What scares me is that it looks like there is almost no one riding them in the Mid South races. Just wondering why? Is there a major performance difference? Is it a lack of aftermarket supplies? Is it a reliability issue? Is it a handling concern?

I’m not looking to make any major modifications, just keep it basically stock other than skid plates, hand guards, etc.

You guys are up on the latest info so please help me out a little.

Thanks

smr
08-26-2009, 06:15 AM
I will not bad mouth the Kawi but not only do you see very few at the midsouths but also at the nationals. There must be a reason.

The reason you don't see many suzukis is the fact they are so wide.

If I was buying new today I would go with the KTM.

JBplays
10-03-2009, 05:25 PM
The fuel injected atvs dont start as fast as the quads w/ carbs. Getting off the line in 1st or 2nd makes life alot easier than dead last!

JM317
10-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by JBplays
The fuel injected atvs dont start as fast as the quads w/ carbs. Getting off the line in 1st or 2nd makes life alot easier than dead last!

What about the guys that get off the line really fast but their motors always take a dump?:D