PDA

View Full Version : Safety Gear

CRBOGGAN
08-25-2009, 09:17 AM
What chest protectors and neck braces are most kids using? We now are using EVS neck brace and troy lee chestprotector. I want function and comfort for my son. He likes the EVS so I would like to keep it but it may not work as good with other gear. Please let me know what all your kids like before I get new stuf. Thanks for any help. We race MX.

dblacks
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
rockgardn body armour

has protection for shoulders, elbows and has excellent protection for the back as well as a kidney belt built in.

tyler70t
08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree with Dblacks, we also use the Rockgardn, full body protection and you don't even have to wear a shirt under it on those hot days. As for the neck we use a Leatt.

coffing918
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
we use leatt and a thor chest protector seems to work good together, my son had an EVS neck brace but he has a short neck and i could never get it to fit right, he always complained about it. the helmet would always be an inch or 2 off his head , i could fit my whole hand under the front of his helmet and put my hand right on top of his head.
we got the leatt and now he dosnt complain at all and even wears it between motos.

quadrider79
08-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Rockgardn and leatte. Love the compo. Cool on those HOT days and the leatte fits like a glove. JMO.

mini
08-25-2009, 08:10 PM
leatt and hrp ,hrp is easy to put on it go's on sideways around the leatt ,we just got it and he likes it we were running the rockgardn and have been sents they came out rockgardn has been very good to us over the years we still us there goggles and tear offs ,if your son is young i would go with the rockgardn and leatt.
and try the goggles there awsome

#404's Dad
08-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Oneal Underdog and a Leatt for a couple years here with no issues this far.

Full Throttle00
08-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Rockgardn & leatt, most comfortable best protection and looks the best especially with graphics kit installed when you wear just the armor on those hot days. I have a few extra sets of youth armor, goggles, and I think a new and slightly used helmet stored in a box somewhere in the shop.
will let it go for cheap.

90cc DAD
08-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Leatt with Thor chest protector is comfotable and gives full mobility. My son uses this combo for every race!!
But as you have noticed.... There is no question about the best. neck brace!!
Leatt is the best by far!!

Hope this info helps.

Andyman17dad
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
RockgardN and Leatt-Brace!! great protection and as mentioned, you can get some cool graphics for both!