PDA

View Full Version : Check Out My New Addition! Wish The 2010 Were Like It!

ppeengines
08-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Just picked up a new 09 CRF450r with the fuel injection on it. Wow is she awesome. I know they are not gonna do the 2010 450r's but can a brother just wish.:( But if they did Let me tell you that this new crf450 motor is just spot on out of the box. I had a new graphix kit waiting for the bike when it showed up. It already has 3 tanks of gas gone through her since yesterday and all oil changes and valves checked. If Honda would get there heads out of their butts and get with it I wouldnt of went out and bought one of these to see what all the hype is about. Its all good feedback about this engine. I am half tempted to yank the motor out of it and slap it into my 08 450er. WHat do you guys think of that? Now that would be a good build:D Let me know what you think of the new addition. I am not a bike guy, I am still an avid atv rider, I just wanted to have one and go from there. This motr pulls like a mad man too

ppeengines
08-25-2009, 01:15 AM
another pic

ppeengines
08-25-2009, 01:18 AM
they are twins, just not identical. Ha Ha. Dont they look good together?

jkulysses
08-25-2009, 02:11 AM
You lucky sob lol. Thats what I want when I pay off my quad. I grew up on bikes and I really really miss having one.

SHIFTx450
08-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Put that motor and efi in your quad?? You won't... ;)

ppeengines
08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
Put that motor and efi in your quad?? You won't... ;)

I didnt just drop 7 G's to yank the motor the next day. I will wait til winter before starting the swap. There is more then just taking it out an putting it back into the quad. Mounts need fabbed, wire harness relocation, kick starter, ect. Dont worry that is one of the reasons I got her. But I am gonna enjoy the bike for awhile. But when summer time comes the motor will be interchangeable.

Thanks jkulysses for the compliment. I work on all brands but still a Honda Junky. Their reliability is top notch even though they dont want to update the 450r. So I have to do my own updates. HA HA

Ruf Racing
08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Someone will jump in here, and correct me, but the CRF engines are not built the same as the TRX. I know the counter balancers are larger in the TRX for vibration issues. If it was this
easy, wouldn't Honda do this switch to make a 2010 model?
My 2 cents. Good luck.......:ermm:

andrew450r
08-25-2009, 12:13 PM
The 09' crf's are such a beauitful bike! And its probably going to be my next bike :D

I think you could put the engine in you quad. A lot of people also said you couldnt make your stanard travels into long travel. Good Luck

ppeengines
08-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by andrew450r
The 09' crf's are such a beauitful bike! And its probably going to be my next bike :D

I think you could put the engine in you quad. A lot of people also said you couldnt make your stanard travels into long travel. Good Luck

I am 100% with you on that. Who said I couldn't make long travel out of standard travel a arms. This quad handles amazing now. Thanks for the feedback andrew450r you know what we are capable here.

For the counterbalancer I am not sure yet what I will come into for problems with vibration. But I know many dirt bike engines have gone into quads as I am almost done with my trx 500r build and the vibration isnt no worse then my 450r. So proper angle of the engine, and beefy mounts, and filling my frame with foam cured a cr500 motor with vibrations I can get a crf motor to work hopefully. We will see. Its to early to be thinking about it.

The bike is so much fun, but the seat foam is gonna be the death of me HARD AS A ROCK!!!:( NEED THE BUNS OF STEEL WORKOUT. lol
kEEP THE FEEDBACK COMING

hilltop_83
08-26-2009, 09:32 AM
I have always been a quad guy and after i put money into my 450R for motocross i dont want to go run it through a woods on the weekends. I was wondering if I should stick with the quads for the woods or if i should get a 250 dirt bike??

dehner47
08-26-2009, 09:54 AM
bike is very sexy. those h&h graphics are dope. is that your shop or someone you know??

ppeengines
08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by hilltop_83
I have always been a quad guy and after i put money into my 450R for motocross i dont want to go run it through a woods on the weekends. I was wondering if I should stick with the quads for the woods or if i should get a 250 dirt bike??

Thats all rider preference. But you are right you dont want to ride a motorcross quad in the woods. But you can look at the ltr's stock with 18inch tires. I have seen many guys running them in the woods in my area but they do get hung up alot. If you want a bike instead of a quad for the woods then go for it. It takes some getting used too from riding quads all the time but thats your call. or just get an extra set of 20inch tires and some skids and swap them out when you want to ride the woods. It would be cheaper.

Me with the 09 crf450r its all about R&D for me with the fun factor that comes with it. But not everyone can drop that kinda cash down. But good luck on what you decide

hilltop_83
08-26-2009, 10:26 AM
thank you very much...im gonna think about it for awhile but i def will be gettin something new to ride woods with

John Noftsinger
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Riding in the woods is only gonna hone your skills farther i rode track then went back to riding woods and noticed my riding skills improved ,picked better lines,was faster,hit bumps ,jumps,trees better,(leaning forward or backwards) than I use too .Riding trails /track makes you a better rider .

ppeengines
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
bike is very sexy. those h&h graphics are dope. is that your shop or someone you know??

ya thats my shop. Its a working progress but I am doin AA ok. Thats for the compliment on the graphics. They are sweet and I have met Carey Hart and very cool down the earth guy. Just LIke me, but we are both business men too. And he has some sick graphixs. They gave the bike 10 more horse power too. Ha ha LOL:devil: