PDA

View Full Version : ASV F3 Front Brake & Pro Clutch Kit

jayrodau
08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Has anyone installed the before?

How hard was it to install these ASV clutch/brake levers???

Do you use the stock lever mounting brackets? From what I have seen the kits come with new brackets....correct?

Ba9801
08-24-2009, 09:57 PM
The brake lever goes right on the factory perch. The clutch lever you use the perch that comes with it. You will need to remove your parking brake and you will need to jump your clutch safety switch wiring. It was very simple to install. I used a small jumper wire to connect the 2 clutch safety wires and then I just taped up the harness. I already had my complete parking brake assembly removed but that is simple as well, just remove the complete cable from the bike and get yourself a blockoff plate for the rear caliper to remove the parking brake linkage. The block off plates are only like $10.00. The only other problem I had was the clutch perch did not clamp down on my bars tight enough so I used a file on the flats of the perch and ground it down a little bit so it would clamp a bit tighter. All said and done it still only took me maybe 45 minutes with hand tools. The levers are fantastic though. I really like the way they feel.