PDA

View Full Version : 300ex rejuvination!

Ridiculous
08-24-2009, 07:17 PM
just thought i'd post my pre fall/winter project. a couple years ago my fiance got an 02 300ex. it ran but not good. and it looked pretty rough but the dude sold it cheap and we had hopes of fixin it up. so we/i am finally gettin around to it. tearin into it i can deffinately tell that this guy had very little mechanical ability. the two biggest thing i really noticed are: the grab bar got completely busted off at some point so it looks like he attempted to weld it back on to the sub frame but it looks more like a bird pooped all over it and it stuck. but not for long cause its broke again. and the exhaust. where the head pipe goes into the muffler part, (its a white bros. e-series) he put a t-bolt hose clamp attempting to crush the bigger pipe down to the diameter of the smaller one. almost seems like the exhaust wasn't made for this quad. otherwise it just needs lots of TLC.

now for my first question. this quad never idled for crap when cold. i mean it had to be practically fully choked for a long time before it would idle. so what do you think it is? my guess in wrong jetting in the carb. i haven't taken it apart to see what size jets are in it yet. what are stock jets in these carbs?

i'll attach just a few quick pics i took just to show ya what i'm workin with.

be sure you subscribe to my thread! i'll have lots of questions!!!

Ridiculous
08-24-2009, 07:17 PM
pic2

Ridiculous
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
oh and i was gonna mention that we're not gonna do any major mods but this is just a project to make it look and run like new again.

sl2fast
08-27-2009, 11:27 AM
i know my last 300ex had stock main in it and it was a 122. i was told that depending on where you are (elevation wise) the jets may vary a little bit.

Tommy Warren
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
main is 122 and pilot should be 38. probably a good cleaning and a idle screw adjustment should fix the idle problem. you should post some pics of the pipe so I can tell you if its stock or not.