PDA

View Full Version : New member

Cuban_Menace
08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so sorry if this is not the right place for this thread. I grew up hunting in the Everglades with my dad, best memories of my life. I used to have a Honda 90 ATC, the thing had a metal gas tank were talking old school, I stopped going when my Father passed. Anyway I want to start again and take my son when he is older, I am saving some money and doing research but there are alot more options now a days. here are some quick questions I need help with.

1)For Hunting in the Everglades what would be a decent size ATV, how many CC?

2)why cant I find any used ATV's that are not only a grand or two cheaper than brand new at the dealers?

3)I really liked the Artic Cat models but I grew up with everyone only ever buying Honda's, which one will out live the other?

4)any riding clubs that hit the trails in South Florida? I would hate to spend all that money and have the thing only sit in my Garage.

again any help is greatly appreciated, sorry for the newbie questions.

CM

klutch
08-24-2009, 07:04 PM
As another South Florida ATV Rider try craigslist.org to buy atvs. Sometimes decent deals there. And uhm atvflorida.com has plenty group rides and forsale sections and talk about local spots.

I don't ride in the everglades but I would imagine any Utility bike 450 or more and 4x4 would be just fine.

450mxr
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
polaris makes very nice and reliable utility atv's just a suggestion, i probly wouldnt go with any thing less then a 400 if your main purpose is for hunting on loose and rocky terrain just my opinion, good luck finding a quad ;)