PDA

View Full Version : I don't post her much but I need to vent.

300ex_#387
08-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Well a track that I ride at on a weekly basis just closed down to quads today. Another track that I race at has decided this is the last year they are racing quads. These are 2 out of 3 tracks that I ride all year. This leaves me 1 track to race within a decent drive. I can't afford to drive any farther every week just to get practice in so I am considering giving it up and going to bikes. I love to ride and its just what I do and I don't want to stop. The quad scene is just dead here now. We get maybe 2 people to show up to the A class and maybe 4 or 5 for the B class. I'm sure many of you guys have had the same problem and I would like to know if you guys made the switch or just cut back on your riding? I just cant see myself only getting to ride once or twice a month. I'm so used to getting to ride once a week and on the weekend.

SmthHonRider99
08-24-2009, 06:46 PM
same thing happened here:( only one quad showed up to the track all last season so they didnt even add a quad class this year.

madskrillz2
08-24-2009, 06:56 PM
I feel your pain. The track I used to ride at EVERY weekend made us leave because we "tore up the track". Now mind you this track is as blue grooved as they come. I wasn't too upset though because abunch of bike guys started complaining about jumps being too "peaky" (kinda ironic). Once that happened, it just got boring and I was just going because I was in the habit. I ended up finding some other really nice tracks, but I just have to drive a little further now.

400ex28
08-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Are you talkin about soilmx and where else? but yea thats just bull**** man. All i ever hear is bike riders complaining about quads ruining the track but you never hear quad riders complain about bikes making ruts everywhere or tearing up the face of jumps.

motohanks
08-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Well a track that I ride at on a weekly basis just closed down to quads today. Another track that I race at has decided this is the last year they are racing quads. These are 2 out of 3 tracks that I ride all year. This leaves me 1 track to race within a decent drive. I can't afford to drive any farther every week just to get practice in so I am considering giving it up and going to bikes. I love to ride and its just what I do and I don't want to stop. The quad scene is just dead here now. We get maybe 2 people to show up to the A class and maybe 4 or 5 for the B class. I'm sure many of you guys have had the same problem and I would like to know if you guys made the switch or just cut back on your riding? I just cant see myself only getting to ride once or twice a month. I'm so used to getting to ride once a week and on the weekend.
what do you consider a decent drive?

I'm lucky that I live in Massachusetts so I have a great series to race in (NEATV-MX), but I rarely get to practice between races because most of the the tracks we race at are 2-3 hours away. The nearest track to me that allows quads to practice is 45 minutes away and they only allow us on select mondays, usually only 1 or 2 times a month.

300ex_#387
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Are you talkin about soilmx and where else? but yea thats just bull**** man. All i ever hear is bike riders complaining about quads ruining the track but you never hear quad riders complain about bikes making ruts everywhere or tearing up the face of jumps.

Yeah I'm talking about soil. I attended 90% of the practices he had this year and he kicks us out out of nowhere.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
I know how you feel man. My local track that I don't like to support is bad about quads. Switchback in Butler, PA if any of you have heard of it. Here is my vent about Switchback..

I went for a practice because it's 15 minutes away and I haven't been there this year. As soon as I pull in the one guy that I have known for five years goes ugh Abernethy you still riding those damn quads? I'm like yeah man how have things been here? He goes "you bringing any friends on quads? GOOD.. I wanna ride tonight and I don't want the track to be chit. One quad is bad enough." So after I ride for awhile the guy who was a complete @ss to me as I signed in calls me over to haul a kid off the track that broke his arm and was all cool with me for doing him the favor. Then rides past my truck later, I nodded my head at him and he gave me a dirty look and looked away.

I'm never a nuisance to anyone on the track or cause any trouble but everyone there hates me because I ride a quad! But anyway, anyone racing there this weekend? I'm thinking of going out and trying to make a buck. As well as piss off some dirtbikers for "ruining their track." haha

madskrillz2
08-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I know how you feel man. My local track that I don't like to support is bad about quads. Switchback in Butler, PA if any of you have heard of it. Here is my vent about Switchback..

I went for a practice because it's 15 minutes away and I haven't been there this year. As soon as I pull in the one guy that I have known for five years goes ugh Abernethy you still riding those damn quads? I'm like yeah man how have things been here? He goes "you bringing any friends on quads? GOOD.. I wanna ride tonight and I don't want the track to be chit. One quad is bad enough." So after I ride for awhile the guy who was a complete @ss to me as I signed in calls me over to haul a kid off the track that broke his arm and was all cool with me for doing him the favor. Then rides past my truck later, I nodded my head at him and he gave me a dirty look and looked away.

I'm never a nuisance to anyone on the track or cause any trouble but everyone there hates me because I ride a quad! But anyway, anyone racing there this weekend? I'm thinking of going out and trying to make a buck. As well as piss off some dirtbikers for "ruining their track." haha

Man I can't stand that! I've got a similar story. The track I was talking about that kicked us out has a lot of bike guys like that. I pull up one day and this little snot nose kid walks up to the track manager (who I'm really good friends with) and purposely says this out loud so I can hear him. "I thought yall quit letting them ride here!" Well that pissed me off that he would do that so I could hear him. If you're gonna do that, say it to my face. I guess it's cause he was such a shramp. Anyway, the track has about a 100ft uphill triple that only a few bikes jump and I'm the only quad to ever hit it. I come around the corner to it and see this squid coasting like he's gonna double. I'm thinking in my head YES! I hit it perfectly at the same time tripling while he doubled. I gave him the most smart *** look back/whip/point I've ever done in my life. To top it off, the very next corner, he pulls off the track. I had to stop myself because I was laughing so hard. Really made my day a lot smoother after that. :p

ProspectorJim
08-24-2009, 10:11 PM

That wasn't the guy, Scott I think, with the glasses that was being an *** to you was it? Btw when did you go there to practice?

I never get any dirty looks or anything, but maybe I just don't notice or care.

As for this weekend, I'll be there, but only to watch my brother race. Apparently one of these weekends they're having races on the Mx track on sunday in addition to the normal saturday Ax track race.

300racer
08-24-2009, 10:37 PM
hey man i see you from olney i know you can ride at casey and tylorville don't know if thats to far of a drive for you or not. and there is king city over here in mt. vernon you have to be a member to ride but i think they are cheap. im not a mx'er so i don't know if it is a good mx track. i like it tho. maybe if you have never been here one weekend i'll take you up there. if you want.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
That wasn't the guy, Scott I think, with the glasses that was being an *** to you was it? Btw when did you go there to practice?

I never get any dirty looks or anything, but maybe I just don't notice or care.

As for this weekend, I'll be there, but only to watch my brother race. Apparently one of these weekends they're having races on the Mx track on sunday in addition to the normal saturday Ax track race.

Yeah, Scott Bole. I went the thursday before last. I was the only quad there. Really sucked making lines I was dragging my skid plate everywhere with all the bike ruts.

Abernethy 28 on the KTM. Come by and introduce yourself!

usp4u
08-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah, Scott Bole. I went the thursday before last. I was the only quad there. Really sucked making lines I was dragging my skid plate everywhere with all the bike ruts.

Abernethy 28 on the KTM. Come by and introduce yourself!
I might be out there this weekend, I'll say hi if I see ya.

I've been going out there off and on for about 5-6 years and actually, never got hassled by anyone.

300ex_#387
08-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by 300racer
hey man i see you from olney i know you can ride at casey and tylorville don't know if thats to far of a drive for you or not. and there is king city over here in mt. vernon you have to be a member to ride but i think they are cheap. im not a mx'er so i don't know if it is a good mx track. i like it tho. maybe if you have never been here one weekend i'll take you up there. if you want.

Taylorville is almost a 3hr drive for me. I could prolly do a lap with my eyes closed at casey since i've rode there so much. They have had the same layout for like 20 years at that track and it's getting so old. I've never heard of King City but I know I57mx is down my Mt. Vernon but they are also considering closind down to quads.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by usp4u
I might be out there this weekend, I'll say hi if I see ya.

I've been going out there off and on for about 5-6 years and actually, never got hassled by anyone.

Idk what it is about that place man, but the atmosphere there makes me feel uncomfortable. haha What class are you racing? I looked at the results and no quads came out last time. The race before that was like two guys in C and one quad in B.

300racer
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Taylorville is almost a 3hr drive for me. I could prolly do a lap with my eyes closed at casey since i've rode there so much. They have had the same layout for like 20 years at that track and it's getting so old. I've never heard of King City but I know I57mx is down my Mt. Vernon but they are also considering closind down to quads.

lol you i have been running xc at casey since 03 and the track is the same as it was then. i'm not sure if 1-57mx is the same place or not the one im talking about is off of highway 37 a few miles north of mt. vernon. i haven't heard anything about them banning quad out there i will ask a buddy that is a member and goes out there all the time. but if you want send me a pm and we can go down there sunday if you would like and check it out.

Brad77
08-25-2009, 09:22 AM
The old fuss about quads tearing up a track has been a long time battle.
I know there are a lot of variables that can determine how a track will look after quads ride on it. Type of dirt, turn design, and even the skill level of the quad rider can affect just how much dirt will be shifted with a quad on a track.
I feel fortunate because I have a nearby track (45 miles) that is super nice and the track owners let us ride. Last Sunday there were 5 quads and approx. 15 bikes. The whole turnout was rather low considering we had absolutely wonderful weather.
So far I have not heard any complaints from the bike guys.
Although we have other tracks here in Ga. that no longer allow quads and some that never have allowed quads.
It takes a joint effort though, and if you look back through the pages here on the forum there are post that state things such as Switching From Quads To Bikes. So that doesn't help either.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I have a track at my house that I have made perfect for quads. I have 7 or 8 friends that come over and ride the track on quads and love it. But my two friends that ride bikes always leave a massive rut in my take off and ruts in my turns. I was starting to get pissed because it takes more to maintain when people ride bikes on the track.

Sooo I banned my buddys that ride dirtbikes and it's quads only!

08-25-2009, 11:18 AM
I have a track at my house that I have made perfect for quads. I have 7 or 8 friends that come over and ride the track on quads and love it. But my two friends that ride bikes always leave a massive rut in my take off and ruts in my turns. I was starting to get pissed because it takes more to maintain when people ride bikes on the track.

Sooo I banned my buddys that ride dirtbikes and it's quads only! hhaha u banned ur buddy's that have bikes lol....but im hopin holeshot or nemx dont ban quads that would really make me mad......cuz i plan on racin the day i hit 16 and i plan on goin pro like dustin wimmer and joe byrd and all them......idk if i wanna race mx,gncc or xc idk yet.....bbut my all time dream is to go pro!now all these tracks closin down im thinkin bout instead of gettin a 400 or 450 quad, gettin an like a cr85 or kx85,yz,rm u get the point but id like to stick with quads but i enjoy them better and i think there more fun but it really pisses me off that tracks are closin down...im half tempted to make my own track in my big field and only let quads ride it!

John Noftsinger
08-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Reminds me of snowboaders Vrs skiers the skiers hated us and the resorts did too for no reason ,just cause we were different,and its the same for quads and bikes .went to track in AZ and the dirtbike guys would get upset if you passed them then when they could pass you(on straightaway) they try and roast you ,well this little punk on a 125 did this to me several times then he cut me off on the face of a jump on purpose ,then next lap he tried to cut me off on face of jump again so i gassed it and sent him flying face first to the other side of tabletop then ran him over was awesome and no one saw it happen he was pissed and he rode by my truck and i smiled at him ,he knew Id beat him down if he came over.

usp4u
08-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Idk what it is about that place man, but the atmosphere there makes me feel uncomfortable. haha What class are you racing? I looked at the results and no quads came out last time. The race before that was like two guys in C and one quad in B.

I havent raced out there in about a year and a half. Havent even been out to practice this year, just no time with work. I practiced out there ALOT last year...was on a blue/white hybrid #12. Pitted at a a black Rumble Bee Ram.

quad2xtreme
08-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I've seen a huge drop in D13 quad riders this season. There were only 44 entries in all classes (meaning fewer actual riders) last race. I've seen as low as 25 with nobody in Open A. There are generally 150-200 dirt bike guys who race on Sunday. If things don't change, I could see more tracks dropping quads.