PDA

View Full Version : Adding an 08 Kawi KFX450R-may keep both

rinaldi
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I plan on picking up an 08 tomorrow since I got a good deal. I really am wondering if this is a smart thing or not. I love my 400 and have it done with the exception of suspension and it is less than a year old. I can't ride both and not sure it justifies sitting on two quads since I have a dirt bike I have a hard enough time riding that as well. I will see how it goes once I pick it up. Short term I will keep both. At least now I have a quad if a friend wants to ride.

rob_990
08-24-2009, 05:11 PM
sweet.let us know how it rides compared to the fourhundy

rinaldi
08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Well I passed on the Kawi. Drove 4.5 hours each way pulling a trailer only to get there and find out the quad was beat to xxit. This is a dealer in MN that sells MV Agusta and of course the owner I was dealing with over the phone is no where to be found when I arrive. He knew I was coming and everyone there knew they were BS the condition of the quad. Even the kid in the whse who pulled the quad down said it had been to the dunes which makes sense on why the stock tires still have tread. The front right a arm was bent and rubbing the shock, front bumper dented, most of the graphics were missing, the exhaust shield was rusting.

This happens to me from time to time when I buy over the net. Last time I got burnt was driving into Chicago to buy a Ducati 916. I really didn't expect this from a dealer, let alone a high end dealer when I was dealing directly with the owner. The quad was priced well, but not to the point you would expect issues. The pics posted of the quad were not the same as the condition when I seen it. I actually asked the kid if there was another KFX somewhere else.

So now I am on the hunt for shocks for my 400. I was leaning toward the Fox, but the dealer(Fox and Elka) said Elka is a better shock and so did my local dealer. So I am now looking into the Elka options. I love my 400, but was hoping to add a nice 450 next to it. Maybe later.

MtnEX
08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Well dang that sucks... especially on the drive.

Don't feel too bad though... I once drove 80 miles + one way and bought a Polaris Outlaw IRS.... I mean I had already made the deal, they were filling out the papers, and I was in the store picking out gear to go with... when I overheard the shop guy who was putting it together ask the guy at the parts counter for the wiring harness they were supposed to have ordered for it.

How ya like that one?

As it turns out, what had happened was, another customer owned the same bike and brought his quad in. It needed a wiring harness and they didn't have it in stock. So they pulled it off to get him going... they just failed to order one to replace it.

They couldn't tell me when it would be ready and did not want to deliver it to me when it was... so I walked.

rinaldi
08-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Well I think I forgot to add that both front tires were flat. Sure didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling considering the day before the owner told me it had been thru the shop, tuned and ready to go.