PDA

View Full Version : honda foreman problem

jdean2008
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
i have a 2008 foreman 500 with a gorilla triangle snorkel kit and i have a question about a problem ive been having. everytime i put it underwater and start to ride again it will start to backfire and sputter and then kill. no matter how much throttle i give it. after it kills i try to start it it wont start. if i let it sit for a few minutes it will start right up and then run for a few minutes and do the same thing and kill again. last time it happend i loaded it up and brought it home and didnt mess with it for a week or 2 and ever since its been running perfect. but i havent put it in any water since bc its not worth the trouble. anybody know what could be wrong? ive re-ran everything and i cant figure it out. helppp!

quadboy-55
08-24-2009, 05:32 PM
check youre airbox for any water, and clean the filter while you are at it. if you find water, check youre tract for standing water. also check youre carburators vent hoses, you might want to attach them to the snorkel too, becasue you could be getting water in there, then sucking water through the main jet causing it to die.

also, dilectric grease all of youre electrical connections to prevent a short. i did this around my sparkplug cable on my 05 Foreman 500.

i also discovered that riding deeper than youre exhaust pipe will create too much back pressure stalling youre quad. mine sputtered alot when it got deeper than the pipe aswell. try an aftermarket slip-on muffler from HMF, look at the Swamp Series with an exhaust snorkel, re-jet accordingly. you will notice more power and wont stall unless tou go deeper than the snorkel.

heres a link to youre exact pipe. http://hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/honda/foreman-500-06-09

when you buy the exhaust also buy the snorkel kit made for the pipe, supplied by HMF, and the jet kit so your quad doesnt run like crap becasue of bad jetting. for a little more power you can also ask for a K&N air filter with a water repellent outer wear cover.

jdean2008
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
i do have an hmf pipe i have the performance one tho. pretty much every one i ride with has the same bike as me and no one has the snorkel kit for the exhaust. and i also have the all of the carb lines ran up the snorkel. the only thing that u mentioned that it could be is putting grease on my connections. the weird thing is if its a quick ride thru like a deep mud hole it doesnt make it act up, but as soon as i go thru a pond it'll act up and only if the water is over the fenders it will act up. its really confusing.

quadboy-55
08-24-2009, 11:40 PM
ok, that sounds alot ike mine did. grease youre connections, i did, and it went away.