PDA

View Full Version : ltz400 VS Raptor660

Codytrx
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
i want to get a new four wheeler and i narrowed it down to two. Which one do you think is better quality and which one do you think is faster?

jcspark
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I had an ltz400 for my first quad and it was a great quad all around but I found I grew out of it very quickly,its very user friendly and pretty snapy.but now I upgraded to a 660 raptor and I love it. It has wicked bottom end and more then enough top end, I wish I would have bought the raptor right off the start, the only thing I have had to do is clean the carb and that's it,so far its been a solid bike and I put it through hell.I had to do the timing chain twice on my old ltz when I had it,if I was you I would go for the raptor!!!! You'll thank your self later you did!

Flynbryan19
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
It depends on which Raptor your getting. The 660 was a very poor handling top heavy quad with a slow reving motor. They are well known for one way starter bearing failures and are also known for tranny failures. I have owned one and now own a Z400. I would NEVER own a 660 again after owning the Z. The 700 raptor is a completely different machine and though heavy it is a very nice open class quad. the handling is MUCH better than the old 660.

jcspark
08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I've heard about the tranny problems in the early models from 01 to 03 but so far I haven't had any problems with my 05 raptor. I do like the low and mid on the raptor better then the ltz400.but ya the raptor is really top heavy,I put 2 inch wheel spacers on and now it handls like a dream.