PDA

View Full Version : Yfz450r Filter Lid Removal

hendershot106
08-24-2009, 01:24 PM
DO you hafta have a controller before removing the lid on these dang things..????? i pulled the baffle... ran fine... pulled the lid... wouldnt hardly run......like it was lean......not getting enough fuel...

anybody run it without a controller???

tedwilley
08-24-2009, 09:33 PM
We've run three different yfzr's with no lid, full pipe, and had no problems. However, every bike can be different. If it feels lean, I would leave the lid on until you get a controller.

Toadz400
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
What's your elevation and temp?

hendershot106
08-31-2009, 08:36 AM
i did remove the filter lid... and washed and reoiled my stock filter with a even coat of filter oil... wow.... what a difference in power!!!!!! i was impressed...

yamahahaha
09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
no. It ran beter with more air! When I put just a k&n filter on it didn't shut off when I punched the throttle at idle. It bogged a bit with the stock filter when the lid was off with the stock filter. Didn't shut off

Vic.ellison9499
09-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I have a 09 yfzr and installed a full gytr exhUst system. This made my atv run like h@ll ! It was backfiring at low rpms and cutting out at high rpms ( not cutting out but more like a choppy sound). I then bought a pcv and uploaded some maps and could not fix the high rpm issue. It seemed like it was running to lean and I even had a rep from dynojet build me a specific map for my machine. What I didn't think about is that I took the airbox lid off, which caused it too run even leaner, I put the box lid on and bam it was like a new beast! Should I try a k&n filter or would I have the same issues? I have the full exhaust, pcv, maxxis rzrs, ac nerfs and bumpers. I love this machine and I never thought I'd enjoy a 4 stroke, alwYs been a Banshee lover! I do like the power and torque of the yfzr and highly recomend it!