PDA

View Full Version : 400ex oil filter?

MyIce
01-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey guys! I drained my oil and I was also going to change the oil filter but I can't seem to find it. Could you please tell me where it is located and how to change it. Thanks for your help!

Doibugu2
01-10-2003, 03:27 PM
On the left side of the bike (clutch side) about in the middle of the engine is a circle type thing that is about 2 inchs around or so. It also takes an 8mm sockect if I am not mistaken.

If you figure out what I am talking about, watch which way the filter is. It can only go in one way. There is a spring in there, don't lose it.

MyIce
01-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
On the left side of the bike (clutch side) about in the middle of the engine is a circle type thing that is about 2 inchs around or so. It also takes an 8mm sockect if I am not mistaken.

If you figure out what I am talking about, watch which way the filter is. It can only go in one way. There is a spring in there, don't lose it.

I got it all figured out. There's a correction though. The oil filter is on the throttle side of the engine instead of the clutch side. It's a round circle with 2 or 3 screws(8 mm). It is to the right of the word "HONDA" on the engine.

redrider ex
01-10-2003, 05:54 PM
your right the trottle side and thats the clutch side also

01-12-2003, 05:07 AM
heres a pic