PDA

View Full Version : I've got $20, for someone with a 250ex in NW Minnesota

tri5ron
08-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm posting this in the Open Forums section, because alot of guys here have wifes or kids with a 250ex, that may not necessarily be members of ATVRIDERS. I'm trying to reach out as broadly as I can here.
hopefully this is ok with the moderators, and wont get moved or poofed.

OK, here's the deal guys,
I am looking for someone in the North West area of Minnesota, who owns a TRX250EX.
Somewhere around the Detroit Lakes area.
this is where the Highways 10, 34, and 59, intersect.

Other nearby towns are, Pelican Rapids, Hawley, Calaway, Perham, Frazee, Barnesville, Westbury, Audubon.

What I'm hoping for, is to find someone, who can take their 250EX to a guy in the Detroit Lakes area, for the sole purpose of allowing him to take some measurements of the frame and steering stem.

The guys name is James Johnson, and he builds some VERY nice, custom, steering stabilizers, that are TOP NOTCH, and his prices are VERY CHEAP.

Many of us on the 400ex forum have purchased his stabilizers, and are absolutely thrilled with the quality, workmanship, and performance of his stabilizers.
Although he does build them for a few different quads,... He does not yet produce one for a 250ex, and I would like to have one made for my wifes 250ex.

I have been in contact with him, and he has told me that he would be happy to build one specifically to fit the 250ex's.

Certainly, I can take pics, and make measurements, and descriptions, and drawings of what I think it should be built like,....
but lets face it,
It would be ALOT better, if he could see the relation of the frame and steering stem for himself, and be able to take some measurements, pics, etc.

He is not some major company who is going to be giving you a free stabilizer for your time, so don't think that is going to happen.
It's not HIM that is looking for a 250ex in the area, it is ME.
and no,... I'm not going to buy a extra stabilizer for your quad.
If I could afford to pay double for one, I'd be looking at Elkas or Precisions.

Trust me,...
If you've seen this guys work, you WILL want one of his stabilizers. they are THAT NICE .

So here's what I'm offering / looking for,
If someone here, can get their 250ex quad out to him, to take some measurements, pics, etc...
so that he can build a mount specifically to fit our 250ex's,
I will GLADLY send you $20 bucks.

this is not some sort of scam, or joke.

so is there anyone out there, who might be interested in doing this?

05LSR250R
08-24-2009, 05:28 PM
I think you have the right idea! However, have you posted this in the 250ex forum? Good luck! I know of the stabilizers your referring to and they are top notch! Buncha guys on another site got their chit together and this same guy is now workin with them on 250R rotary stabilizers! Good luck! Hope someone can help you out!

bens250ex
08-24-2009, 06:05 PM
does he make them for a ltr450? can i get a web site or somethin?

deathman53
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
I think you have the right idea! However, have you posted this in the 250ex forum? Good luck! I know of the stabilizers your referring to and they are top notch! Buncha guys on another site got their chit together and this same guy is now workin with them on 250R rotary stabilizers! Good luck! Hope someone can help you out!

A 250r rotary stabilizer, you mean kinda like the elka ones that are on the bottom of the steering stem. I'd be for them.

tri5ron
08-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Yes, a link to this thread is in the 250ex forum. not alot of traffic there.

all contact info for this stabilizer, and the guy who makes them can be found in this thread
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366

with all due respect, please dont turn this into a "Does he make one for my XXXXXX ?"
go look him up and ask him. Thanks

05LSR250R
08-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Deathman! Yes, those are the stabilizers I am referring to! Pm The Deatons! Hes in the 250R forum! He knows all about them! He had one built for his Laeger chassis!

tri5ron
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
bump

bens250ex
08-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by tri5ron
Yes, a link to this thread is in the 250ex forum. not alot of traffic there.

all contact info for this stabilizer, and the guy who makes them can be found in this thread
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366

with all due respect, please dont turn this into a "Does he make one for my XXXXXX ?"
go look him up and ask him. Thanks

with all do respect to you i have never heard of him before and that is why i asked thank you very much :rolleyes:

tri5ron
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by bens250ex
with all do respect to you i have never heard of him before and that is why i asked thank you very much :rolleyes: No problem here, I'm not, and wasn't trying to be a smarta** . It's just that too many threads take of in the wrong direction, and I really am trying to find someone in that area to make it a bit easier to accomplish this. I'm in Ca., so obviously it's too far for me, So i'm just looking for a little help.

bens250ex
08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
all is well here is a bump 4 ya.