PDA

View Full Version : Shifter position

Honda 250r 001
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Where do you guys have your shifters? I have to run mine almost at a 45 degree angle up to keep it from hitting my boots when going over whoops and stuff, my boots are thick so its hard to get them under it.

Mines also extended about an inch. and i still think it needs to be longer as i think i would accidentally hit it when im racing.

What do you guys do that race?

dehner47
08-27-2009, 08:47 AM
i run mine damn near straight out. it gives me enough room to get my boot under it and not have to more my leg as much in order to shift. just a lil ankle action is all i like to use.

plus, if its up to high, you can have a tendency to have your foot land on the shifter causing it to jam or break the shift shaft when coming down off of a jump. its something that i'm very picky with when setting my bikes up. but once you find your sweet spot, its good to go.

Honda 250r 001
08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
when i have mine strait out i dont have enough room to get my riding boots inbetween the shifter and the peg. So does that mean i need a much longer shifter?

kitman
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
... or a smaller foot

motofreak2772
09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
The stock honda one kinda sucks. Im pretty sure most people use the same one. Its a little above flat. If its too high you dont just land on it but you could get it stuck in between gears a lot because you dont click it all the way up. Its easier to angle your foot down to shift it up then to angle it back and kick it up lol. Maybe you just have to get used to riding with it lower and try to move your foot away from the shifter when your not shifting, its all about how you feel comfortable though.

Honda 250r 001
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
The stock honda one kinda sucks. Im pretty sure most people use the same one. Its a little above flat. If its too high you dont just land on it but you could get it stuck in between gears a lot because you dont click it all the way up. Its easier to angle your foot down to shift it up then to angle it back and kick it up lol. Maybe you just have to get used to riding with it lower and try to move your foot away from the shifter when your not shifting, its all about how you feel comfortable though.

well i had a dirtbike once that the shifter was long enough that my foot would not hit it when riding. Im thinking about making a longer one and one with a differnt angle and a few others and try out which one i like best and use it.

Another thing is this a 250r 86 model and the pegs were sort of ****ty and they are too far foreward and if i get some propeg nergs i think it would help.