PDA

View Full Version : Someone had a good weekend

QuadJunkies
08-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Kelsey had a really fun weekend racing. I wish we had more of it at home so she could build more endurance . Her LACK of muscle was her biggest problem,so hitting the Gym once school starts will come in handy. :o :p What a skinny lil runt! LOL
Her shocks handled VERY well this race, Im glad we had her rear revalved and serviced before this Round. The woods sections was pretty rough!
She won both her races . Too bad we couldnt finish out the year, 3 out of 3 isnt too bad!! :D

http://www.pbase.com/image/116447147/large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/116447148/large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/image/116447149/large.jpg

shane071489
08-24-2009, 07:57 AM
nice pics looks like a fun track are yall running a motoworks pipe i cant really tell in the pics if so what do yall think of it im trying to decide if thats what i want

QuadJunkies
08-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by shane071489
nice pics looks like a fun track are yall running a motoworks pipe i cant really tell in the pics if so what do yall think of it im trying to decide if thats what i want
Yes its a Motoworks.
So far so good. We had the quad tuned and the numbers were actually decent for only have a Pimm.
The pipes held together well and sounds good.

shane071489
08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
appreciate it i think im gonna order one soon

sha_rob_27
09-04-2009, 07:29 PM
hey QJ, is the worcs series very hard to get into? ive never done any woods racing, and it looks like fun...raced some mx, but nothing serious...plus thats about the only series within 10 hours of me so, just curious.

QuadJunkies
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by sha_rob_27
hey QJ, is the worcs series very hard to get into? ive never done any woods racing, and it looks like fun...raced some mx, but nothing serious...plus thats about the only series within 10 hours of me so, just curious.

No, its not hard at all! Alot of the riders never raced woods, alot come from desert backgrounds,thats whats so great about this series.
Maybe they will add Hollister for the 2010 season,thats not far for you, neither is Milford,Ca (Honeylake).

Where do you go to race in Ore.?
We all were hoping someday they could find a venue that would put a stop in Oregon, but it hasnt looked too good. :(

09-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Ha I thought you where gonna ditch the motoworks cause it was to loud?

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by spastic450
Ha I thought you where gonna ditch the motoworks cause it was to loud?
We did,we sold it.
The first one was, but we got a quieter one. It passes, but barely.

09-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We did,we sold it.
The first one was, but we got a quieter one. It passes, but barely.

Motoworks makes 2 pipes? Sure the other pipe didn't just need new packing? lol

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Motoworks makes 2 pipes? Sure the other pipe didn't just need new packing? lol

Yes they make two.:ermm:

The carbon fiber is louder, not practical for racing either. Sound DB is abit louder,this pipe def. would not pass sound if we were to run it. Ask ltr311, he dyno tuned the quad and heard this pipe first hand. lol
The quad be bought was originally rode in sand,not an offroad racer.
The one we have now comes with a quiet core the carbon does not .

Yes Im sure(DUH!)... we do know a thing or two about knowing if they need packing .:rolleyes:

http://www.motoworks.com/catalog/images/Carbon_Fiber_System-02_lg.gif

shane071489
09-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Quad junkies i still havent ordered my pipe im not into loud pipes at all it gets old quick is there much power loss in getting the other quieter pipe? and what pipe or w.e. do i need to order to get the quiet one if you dont mind me asking

QuadJunkies
09-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Quad junkies i still havent ordered my pipe im not into loud pipes at all it gets old quick is there much power loss in getting the other quieter pipe? and what pipe or w.e. do i need to order to get the quiet one if you dont mind me asking
No, we were pleasantlly surprised. We had it dyno tuned after changing the pipe and we actually got a better reading with the core IN !
When we dyno tuned....
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=394241&highlight=dyno

We have to pass sound at Nationals.
This pipe tests between 96-98DB at each event we have done so far. I think you will be happy.
Are you looking at a full system or slip on? I forgot to ask if you had any mods done. MY Daughters just has the Pimm. When we bought the quad from previous owner it came with the Carbon fiber full system.

09-06-2009, 04:05 AM

I have the normal pipe with a 1.75 core and its said to be 101dbs I think. And the motoworks slip on makes more power than there full system! But thats top end power, low end might get better with the full system idk because I never seen the dynos. Motoworks is a realy good pipe thats not a low end or top end pipe it helps from low till top im power.

Heres a motoworks on a ltr450 test
http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=402752

QuadJunkies
09-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I have the normal pipe with a 1.75 core and its said to be 101dbs I think. And the motoworks slip on makes more power than there full system! But thats top end power, low end might get better with the full system idk because I never seen the dynos. Motoworks is a realy good pipe thats not a low end or top end pipe it helps from low till top im power.

Heres a motoworks on a ltr450 test
http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=402752

A pipe that produces threwout the entire powerband is what we were looking for, this pipe done just that.
A full system will make more power with motor work with the full system.

shane071489
09-06-2009, 11:11 AM
no mine is stock besides for cherry bomb and lid off baffle out didnt want to do to much motor work for reliability i dont race so no big deal ha so you just have the regular slip on with the quiet core insert? yeah everytime i hear difference in power in slip on and full ive always been told the full loses a little or doesnt make a big enough gain to show spending an extra few hundred dollars

sha_rob_27
09-06-2009, 06:36 PM
No, its not hard at all! Alot of the riders never raced woods, alot come from desert backgrounds,thats whats so great about this series.
Maybe they will add Hollister for the 2010 season,thats not far for you, neither is Milford,Ca (Honeylake).

Where do you go to race in Ore.?
We all were hoping someday they could find a venue that would put a stop in Oregon, but it hasnt looked too good. :(

ive driven past honeylake a few times without the quad, and it looks pretty cool...

there is a small, kinda ghetto mx track in keno, and ive raced in medford too...done some quad wars shows, and some indoor mx stuff...nothing too serious though...usually bomb through the woods for fun now, and it has really been interesting me. I would think that a worcs round at the coast using the dunes would be pretty sweet...

QuadJunkies
09-06-2009, 10:13 PM
ive driven past honeylake a few times without the quad, and it looks pretty cool...

there is a small, kinda ghetto mx track in keno, and ive raced in medford too...done some quad wars shows, and some indoor mx stuff...nothing too serious though...usually bomb through the woods for fun now, and it has really been interesting me. I would think that a worcs round at the coast using the dunes would be pretty sweet...

We actually used to race at Pismo Beach,Ca for WORCS.
The setting was cool, but to be honest, it was alot of work for the promoter... the wind would cover up markers on the course and I think all around was abit of a PITA. ALOT of trucks and trailers getting pulled out of the sand ,I was one of them .:o :p

IF you ever race at Honeylake, be prepared for rock damage. Alot of bent rotars and undercarriage damage.

sha_rob_27
09-07-2009, 01:23 PM
We actually used to race at Pismo Beach,Ca for WORCS.
The setting was cool, but to be honest, it was alot of work for the promoter... the wind would cover up markers on the course and I think all around was abit of a PITA. ALOT of trucks and trailers getting pulled out of the sand ,I was one of them .:o :p

IF you ever race at Honeylake, be prepared for rock damage. Alot of bent rotars and undercarriage damage.

yah, that makes sense, i didnt think about that. so these last the 2 full hours like a gncc or how long are they? I have full skids now, which i tested out heavily on saturday...they work pretty good!!

QuadJunkies
09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
yah, that makes sense, i didnt think about that. so these last the 2 full hours like a gncc or how long are they? I have full skids now, which i tested out heavily on saturday...they work pretty good!!
Only the Pro and Pro Ams on the Sunday main race a full 2 hours.
Most of the other classes average out about 50 minutes .

sha_rob_27
09-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Only the Pro and Pro Ams on the Sunday main race a full 2 hours.
Most of the other classes average out about 50 minutes .
sweet, thats not as bad as i thought...im definately gonna have to do at least a couple races next year. sounds like itd be a great time. thanks for the input!

QuadJunkies
09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
No problem ;)