PDA

View Full Version : Videos, videos

volsung
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I've been playing around with the Go Pro Hero helmet cam and caught a few hill climbs that didn't go so well. They may take a while to download but worth it. Sorry for the language but the camera picks up everything I say and I'm not thinking of that when it happens.

Don't worry, thus far, we have walked away with minor scrapes.

The camera doesn't do the hills justice. Try looking at the way the trees are growing. Some of these hills are near vertical.

"I roll the Banshee at Creek hill"
Wet day with not so good tread on tires. You cross a creek and climb the bank. I actually hit it too hard and jumped. When I landed, the tires grabbed and flipped me.

"Scott rolls the Banshee at Powerline"
This one has been up for a while. Watch the upper left of the screen. When I finally get to him he keeps Saying "No, No, not there." as I try to pull the Banshee off him.
(that black spot is the way the camera films the sun)

"I roll the Banshee uphill"
Sorry for the mud. If you know the hill, you can see that Scott is way wide to the right but he makes it. I couldn't figure out why until I got there. I hit a tree with my right rear tire and it climbs three feet up the tree.

"Scott rolls his 250R at a strip mine hill"
This one scared me, it's the worst one of the four. I thought he was going to run over me so I took about a half step back just as he got to the top. As I stepped back, he got thrown sideways and it just got worse. I just touched the A-arm but couldn't get it so I yelled to let him know the R was coming. As I get past him I ask if he's okay and he says he's fine and just catching his breath. That's why I slow down.

There are some other videos of hill climbs and a local ATV rodeo.

I hope you enjoy.

http://www.volsungsteelfab.com/atv.html

volsung
08-23-2009, 08:43 PM
The videos are about half way down on the above web link.