PDA

View Full Version : 07 450eR cut out

h400exrydr
08-23-2009, 07:16 PM
i was practicing today and my quad was running perfect all day. then all of a sudden coming out of a corner it started cutting out. as soon as i let off the throttle it died completely. now i cant start it at all. i took off the gas tank and it is flowing gas. checked the plug and it is dry. then i tried to put a little gas in the cylinder and it didnt fire at all. which i figured it should of. carb still squirts gas out when i hit the throttle. i think i might of dropped a valve or something. i tried doing a compression test, but the tested isnt long enough to get to the plug hole. any help is much appreciated. I have to get this thing running by this weekend! have a race for points! all i have done to it is Full system Yoshimura, Uni filter, and Stg 2 Hot cam. thanks

SmthHonRider99
08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
what your describing sounds exactly like what happened to me a couple months ago.. turns out the gas i had just bought from the gas station was just bad, try draining it and putting new gas in from another station.

h400exrydr
08-23-2009, 08:35 PM
well i run Sunoco. i tried switching the gas. but i just checked the valves. the exhaust valves are right tight. is it possible for them to stretch? i only put two races on since i adjusted the valves so im pretty sure they were in spec earlier today. im taking the head off right now to see wat happened. i wanted to put a new piston in anyway.

h400exrydr
08-31-2009, 05:14 PM
k. i need your help big time and fast! put the piston in. got a 15:1 CP piston. got the motor back together. still nothing. Spark plug is dry after turning it over. its not even sputtering at all. all valves are adjusted perfectly. One thing that im confused about is when i put my hand in front of where the air filter goes onto there is almost no suction at all when its turning over. could my valves be shot somehow? or could the cam be out 180 degrees? I NEED HELP ASAP!!!! HAVE A RACE THIS WEEKEND. If i cant get it running im going to have to get the 400ex set up or something. please help!

warr72
09-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Are you getting spark? You sure you got the cam is in corectly? Just fixed an 07 that blew the complete electrical system out and acted the same way. :(

h400exrydr
09-04-2009, 06:27 AM
i figured out the stator was bad. put a new one in. fired right up. i wasnt getting any spark.