PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Vibration Problem

matt14c
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I was trying to help my buddy figure out what was wrong with his raptor and the only thing that makes sense is bent wheels. Looking to see if there is anything else im missing on these things that I dont know much about. He has stock wheels and just had new Holeshot HD's installed on them by a dealer. He said before he took it to them it rode fine no problems just needed new tires. Well now it shakes pretty bad when you get to around 35 mph or so. When I was riding it I looked down and can see both front wheels the wobble in them. I checked the tie rods both in and out and were tight no problems. Lifted the front up to see if there was any play in bearing and everything looked good there. Knuckle seemed tight on a-arms. All the lug nuts were tight. Any other ideas? Now the dealer that installed I dont like cause well they rip people off. He paid $142 A PIECE for the front tires and to have them mounted. I laughed at him! So im wondering if they didnt screw up his wheels? Rears seem fine they did those also. Comments? Suggestions?

atlraptor9
09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
i mean the bent wheels is the only thing that makes sense. u said u checked the tie rods, bearings, etc. same thing on cars with tires that arent balanced. u get to a certain speed the car vibrates. same thing with the bent tires haha. make sure the tire is completely seated on the hub evenly. sometimes the wheel doesnt wanna go on straight for me so u have to wiggle it back and forth.