PDA

View Full Version : joel hetrick

KOG
08-23-2009, 06:38 PM
how long before he makes a name for him self as a pro.

wvspeedfreak
08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Not sure how long but it will definately happen!

KOG
08-23-2009, 06:51 PM
i was at field of dreams today and he looked really good. he got a flat and still got first

wvspeedfreak
08-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah,he has the skills and the backing to go all the way.I have followed him since the 90cc days.

250r rider 88
08-23-2009, 07:04 PM
what class and bike is he even running now?

wvspeedfreak
08-23-2009, 07:53 PM
He runs Pro-Am on a Kawi 450.

TrapZ400
08-23-2009, 08:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/djzGA47H4VY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/djzGA47H4VY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ripitupfilms
08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Joel is an insane rider very cool kid as well

motofreak2772
08-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Not taking anything away from him and his riding but I think anyone who is givin the opportunities that he has gotten would and deffinatley should be that fast. He's been riding his whole life and has had the best equipment and people helping him since birth. But I think he will go pro in a couple years if not after next season. Once he gets to pro we'll see how he proves himself(which I think wont take long till hes up there)

You guys cant leave out Mark Madl and Jeffery Rastrelli they will be up there too.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-25-2009, 11:23 AM
The kid's definately good but I think he's still a little sloppy. Videos of him racing pro am he's balls to the wall and all over the place. Definately got skill but needs to smooth it out just a bit. He's a local around here and people used to say he was a cocky PITA but becoming a lot more mature.

madskrillz2
08-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
The kid's definately good but I think he's still a little sloppy. Videos of him racing pro am he's balls to the wall and all over the place. Definately got skill but needs to smooth it out just a bit. He's a local around here and people used to say he was a cocky PITA but becoming a lot more mature.

I think a lot of that probably has to do with how scrawny he is. If he puts some meat on them bones he might smooth out a bit.

400ex28
08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Must be nice to have money.

hondariderdylan
08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Must be nice to have money.

X2:p

trick250r
08-26-2009, 10:16 AM
hes what 16? he may be a little sloppy but thats damn good for a 16 year old. and as far as being cocky, its just the age... he should grow out of it. kids def got skills

JR3
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Not taking anything away from him and his riding but I think anyone who is givin the opportunities that he has gotten would and deffinatley should be that fast. He's been riding his whole life and has had the best equipment and people helping him since birth. But I think he will go pro in a couple years if not after next season. Once he gets to pro we'll see how he proves himself(which I think wont take long till hes up there)

You guys cant leave out Mark Madl and Jeffery Rastrelli they will be up there too.

+1

Pappy
08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Ive never seen Joel act cocky, always been a well mannered kid.

Great rider, has a bright future and while he may be well funded, I dont think you can buy skill, determination or the guts it takes to race at this level.

motofreak2772
08-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Ive never seen Joel act cocky, always been a well mannered kid.

Great rider, has a bright future and while he may be well funded, I dont think you can buy skill, determination or the guts it takes to race at this level.
I've never talked to him before but I've heard he is, of course he wouldnt act like that to an adult but to other riders and kids I'm sure he is. But like I said I've never actually talked to him and can't say he is but I know a bunch of kids who act like that because they think their fast. Yeah you can't buy skill but your dad being one of the best engine builders in the market doesnt hurt. The main thing about money is buying practice time, me like many other riders get lucky to ride once a week that would be unheard of to this kid and that is why hes been the best since his mini days.

416exfreak
08-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I wish I could ride once a week.

I havent rode in probably 7 months..:(

madskrillz2
08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I wish I could ride once a week.

I havent rode in probably 7 months..:(

You and me both brah.

extremeblastr
08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I know a bunch of kids who act like that because they think their fast.

thats funny, you must of missed the part where he is fast.

250x_kyle
08-26-2009, 08:11 PM
joel's never been cocky when i was around. all the hetricks are heck of nice people willing to help a guy out. he will go far and fast.

OutlawEX
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Your right...Money dont buy talent. But money does buy the time to practice to get hone/narrow talent..

dehner47
08-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Your right...Money dont buy talent. But money does buy the time to practice to get talent..

thats kinda like an oxymoron aint it?

talent is something you are born with. you cant buy it, hone it in, practice it or anything like that. either you have it or ya dont. its not something you pick up along the way.

shane071489
08-27-2009, 08:35 AM
damn theres a lot of people that dont like seeing people happy haha would you rather them be like rappers coming out of the ghetto on a 3-wheeler straight to pro haha

fandl450r
08-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by dehner47
thats kinda like an oxymoron aint it?

talent is something you are born with. you cant buy it, hone it in, practice it or anything like that. either you have it or ya dont. its not something you pick up along the way.

Not really. You'd be surprised what training your body to do since day one will do for a sport. Motocross is no different. Now I'm not saying the kid doesn't have talent, because he does, and I see him going very far in the nationals. However riding since you could walk, and having some of the best equipment and resources in racing doesn't hurt your chances at getting fast.

You can hone in your talent, you can practice to make it better, "Practice makes perfect."

extremeblastr
08-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by fandl450r
"Practice makes perfect."

but nobodys perfect so why practice?

fandl450r
08-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
but nobodys perfect so why practice?

Because striving for perfection ultimately makes you better in absolutely everything you attempt to do. It's true no one is perfect, but striving to be, pushing yourself to the utmost limits of the human body/mind will get you pretty damn close. Also because I don't settle for just being good or great at something. I strive to be the best.

rageatvsupermom
08-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I've never talked to him before but I've heard he is, of course he wouldnt act like that to an adult but to other riders and kids I'm sure he is. But like I said I've never actually talked to him and can't say he is but I know a bunch of kids who act like that because they think their fast. Yeah you can't buy skill but your dad being one of the best engine builders in the market doesnt hurt. The main thing about money is buying practice time, me like many other riders get lucky to ride once a week that would be unheard of to this kid and that is why hes been the best since his mini days.

If you knew Joel or even spoke to him you would know he
is very quiet, and usually doesn't speak about stuff he knows
nothing about. So some may interpret that as being cocky, most
of those people usually are jealous and want to start stuff.
Don't hold it against him because he was born to a family that
is in the business and can allow him to ride more than most.
His family is some of the best in the business, so when you
start threads about people and then others try to discredit thier
ability don't be suprised when you get people who disagree.

Way to go Joel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are proud of you and your accomplishments.

Dee, Michele and Megan

oj250r
08-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom

Dee, Michele and Megan

absolutley true!!

dan harris
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Congradulations Joel - Awesome wins!!!!!! I've met the Hetricks and they are all darn nice People!!!

Anyone that rides like him has a right to a certain amount of cockiness at the track !!!!

madskrillz2
08-27-2009, 09:04 PM

Dee, Michele and Megan

Exactly. People just get jealous because they didn't have the opportunity he has. He can't help that.

platummxracer8
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
i love how MOST of you people have never met joel before and are talking stuff about him. go ride you quads and have fun instead of talking s*** on a kid you have never met before and is one of the nicest people in this sport imo.

motofreak2772
08-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Dee, Michele and Megan

Whoa I didnt start this thread and I didnt mean to say he is cocky. I meant I could see him being cocky. Im not trying to take away from his skill because of the opportunities hes been given but I think there could be a lot more fast kids like him(which would be good for the sport) if more people got those chances and support.

KOG
09-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
What number are you? I was there too. This kid is very impressive for his age but jamen davidovich beat him when he finally got a good start.

458# ........... was that kid on a honda if so he was pretty fast

FHKracingZ
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah he was on a red 04 honda with the stock hood. Number 17. His motor is a national B class engine becuase it is his brother jordans quad. He doesnt have close to the equipment the top riders in pro am and A are using and he is keeping up if not beating them. He beat joel in the A class race and rode their *** in the pro am race becuase he got a bad start.

http://www.tracksideonlineresults.com/trackside/pamx/seriespoints.asp?s=2&c=227&r=pos

The results arent posted yet from the mapleshade pamx race but I am pretty sure jamen won one the A class there too against joel. From what I understand they let pro am and A run in the pro class against wimmer gust upperman t and p brown and joel hetrick and davidovich kept up until davidovich quit becuase he didnt watn to get tired for his A class race and hetrick made a pass or 2. If someone doesn't pick up jamen soon they are crazy.
yea sound like your dating the kid, geeze..

Im sorry but anybody who has enough funds to make sure both of there sons get to go to each national has nice bikes. Ive seen his bikes, you make them sound like there pos's. His bikes are nice lol. And plenty fast also.

motofreak2772
09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
No I am just trying to express how talented he is and someone should pick him up. He is on a B class bike staying with and sometimes beating top pro am kids. I know you are just jealous.
lmao wtf is a b class bike cuz when I was at the nationals all the b class bikes were pretty much as good as they get lol.

madskrillz2
09-01-2009, 07:26 PM
When you know something about motors and how to work on them work on a B class and a pro am/pro motor and you will tell the difference. You can have all the bolt ons in the world but until you get a motor that can throw down some serious lap times or a rider that can you have nothing.

Uh, anybody with money can buy a pro motor for the most part.

extremeblastr
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
When you know something about motors and how to work on them work on a B class and a pro am/pro motor and you will tell the difference. You can have all the bolt ons in the world but until you get a motor that can throw down some serious lap times or a rider that can you have nothing.

:rolleyes: you've just shown what you don't know about motors.

FHKracingZ
09-01-2009, 08:12 PM

Im not on here to start a fight online or anything like that but dont start throwing out stuff you know nothing about.

So your telling me your buddy jamen has been holeshotting and running in the top 3 in the A class on a bike that is built for B class? Dont patronize me, im not an idiot.

2nd. Dont call me jealous, when you dont know who I am, what I ride or race or anything about me.

You sound like your bragging up your friends achievments for your short comings.

Not taking anything away from Jamen, I do not know him or in any way judging him.

09-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I just had a random thought haha. FHK did you used to be on z400central a few years ago? I swear i remember a bunch of people getting mad at you on there and saying stfu fhk or something. I could be completely wrong but i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask lol.
Anyways, joel hetrick is a sick rider, cant wait to see him ride in the pro class whenever he moves up.

madskrillz2
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Haha yeah I'm pretty sure that's the same FHK. I used to ponder around those forums when I rode one of those tanks and I remember seeing that too.

09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
lol that forum used to be awesome. Those were the good ol days

300ex_#387
09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure FHKracing is one of the better members on here. Im sure he has a lot more experience than most people on these boards. I'm also sure most people don't know who he is.

madskrillz2
09-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh I'm not saying he isn't. This was just back in the day when we were younger. (I say we cause I think we're the same age). Basically everyone just gave him **** because he was young and didn't know any better. Luckily I got the idea and didn't post much lol.

09-03-2009, 05:37 PM
If that was directed to me, i dont have anything against fhk...i think hes one of the few normal people on here haha