PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot HDs

sha_rob_27
08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Anybody have a set of Hd's on their LTR? I have an 06 and was just wondering what kind of gearing change I would have to make if I went from 18 in MXR6's to 20 inch HD's. I have pretty much stop riding tracks and started riding woods more. Any input or pics of them on your LTR would be appreciated! Thanks guys. Shaun

jkiserracing
08-23-2009, 04:17 PM
i use my ltr for xc mostly and have 20's on mine (also an 06). I definately had to go down 1 tooth up front which helped a lot. Im still thinking of going up 1 in the back as well...do the front one first and see what you think

jkiserracing
08-23-2009, 04:22 PM
i use my ltr for xc mostly and have 20's on mine (also an 06). I definately had to go down 1 tooth up front which helped a lot. Im still thinking of going up 1 in the back as well...do the front one first and see what you think

sha_rob_27
08-23-2009, 04:33 PM
ok..cool. thanks man...i have a 13t sprocket on the way for dune tires, just didnt know if i needed anything more, like a 12 t. also, what do you guys think of the hds? are they good, or what would you reccomend?

y-man
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
hey i know this is for ltr but i have the hd's on my ltz and love them. They will slide and hook up when u want them to. I also have the 20's

panici33
08-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Had them on my ol' YFZ. Excellent tire for most woods racing situations. Going down to a 12t will not do too much good. If you want to see some change go bigger on the rear sprocket, and it will help with the 20" tires. I would think about narrowing up the rear of the bike too, especially with those tires. Cheap way to do it is throw a set of OEM rear hubs from an LTZ, a little over an inch narrower overall.

sha_rob_27
08-23-2009, 11:30 PM
ok. cool guys. thanks for the input. I have some narrow offset hipers that ive had for a while...makes the rear about 46-47 inches wide...im orderin the HDs tonight. thanks again...try to get some pics up with them when they get here.

sha_rob_27
09-04-2009, 12:53 AM
the HDs are mounted! also put a smaller front sprocket, some new nerfs, and a new skid...been workin overtime...lol. gonna try and get a pic up here, cant wait to take it through some trees this weekend!! thanks again guys...

lucasbarker11
11-02-2009, 06:32 PM
i run my ltr in the woods alot and want the ground clearance of a hd tire on 9 in wheels instead of the mx style 8 inch i dont race but i like sliding around on some freinds backyard tracks will it still be fine?

lucasbarker11
11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
i run my ltr in the woods alot and want the ground clearance of a hd tire on 9 in wheels instead of the mx style 8 inch i dont race but i like sliding around on some freinds backyard tracks will it still be fine?

sha_rob_27
11-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by lucasbarker11

ive had mine for a few months now and i love them...the sidewalls are stiff enough to slide, and the knobs are huge so you get lots of traction...i have mine on 9 inch hipers...great setup...