PDA

View Full Version : 02 400ex electrical problem......

CELICAMT
08-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I have an 02 400ex and for the most part now with the key on engine off nothing will work, headlights neatral light starter ect. it bump starts just fine but you can tell the lights are not running off the battery there running off of the alternator. if anyone has ever seen this before i would love some help or even where i can look at a wiring diagram. any help would be appriciated. thanks!

steve181
08-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Check the fuse ( located to the left side of the battery)

replace it with another 15a fuse

if it pops the fuse when u turn the key on you have a short

CELICAMT
08-24-2009, 07:32 AM
i have checked that fuse and its fine. usually when i first go out to start it it is fine after i run it the problem occurs.. nightmare

matts27
08-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by CELICAMT
i have checked that fuse and its fine. usually when i first go out to start it it is fine after i run it the problem occurs.. nightmare

Check the battery terminals, mainly the ground. Make sure they're not coroded, then follow the ground to the frame and check the cable there too. Usually 12 volt electrical problems go back to the ground as the problem. Hope this helps, Matt

CELICAMT
08-26-2009, 06:21 AM
hey thanks that did help alot.. where the main fuse was was actually melted down somehow. so thanks for the help. for real): >M<