PDA

View Full Version : Question for computer geeks.

Quad18star
08-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Question for you tech savy people out there.

I used to be able to click on a video from an internet page and it would open automatically and play in Windows Media Player ... but it no longer does that. It now asks me to either "Open, Save or Cancel" .

How do I get it back to playing automatically in WMP?

I'm running Windows XP.

08-23-2009, 01:46 PM
mine does same thing it asks "open save or cancel"but mine never would jus go automaticly to it then again my computer is an old gateway from 99'

Quad18star
08-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by billet250ex
mine does same thing it asks "open save or cancel"but mine never would jus go automaticly to it then again my computer is an old gateway from 99'

Mine did it up until last week . Not sure what happened by something got screwed up with my computer. I left it running , came back home one afternoon and all the settings were messed ( and still are) . The screen resolution, fonts , everything is wierd now. Webpages aren't clear like they used to be ( everything seems a little blurry) . So I don't know WTF happened.

gcart2
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Mine did it up until last week . Not sure what happened by something got screwed up with my computer. I left it running , came back home one afternoon and all the settings were messed ( and still are) . The screen resolution, fonts , everything is wierd now. Webpages aren't clear like they used to be ( everything seems a little blurry) . So I don't know WTF happened.

Yep, sure enough.

Downloaded too many of "those" videos.

Man haven't we already told you about this?

Aren't you married?
:eek:
:confused:
:p

harescrambles
08-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Just do a roll back

Quad18star
08-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by harescrambles
Just do a roll back

English please !!!!!

05LSR250R
08-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Maybe your windows media player is no longer the default player?

416exfreak
08-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
English please !!!!!

Set it to the last restore point before then mishap occured.

Im running vista, so I cant give you a step by step on how to do it.:scary:

z400mayhem
08-24-2009, 07:58 PM
When you go to open something, there should be an option to pick a program, then make it the default one.

Guy400
08-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Start --> Control Panel --> Folder Options --> File Types. Find the type of file in the list and click on it. Once highlighted click the change button and select Windows Media Player.