PDA

View Full Version : cutting out???

Napalm Nate
08-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Got the ex out for a ride today and under hard accelration it is cutting out. My jetting is fine havent changed any thing in about a year except for oil/filter and fuel. The air filter is clean and the spark plug is brand new only about three rides on it.

rob_990
08-22-2009, 11:47 AM
maybe you got an air leak

Napalm Nate
08-22-2009, 12:10 PM
checked all hoses going to carb all seem fine

Napalm Nate
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
put my spare spark plug in it (brand new) and some sea foam in the gas tank still cutting out but not as bad wonder if it could be just bad gas

Napalm Nate
08-22-2009, 03:21 PM
the gas just came from the pump but you never know still open for any other suggestions

Napalm Nate
08-23-2009, 12:22 PM
put brand new gas in it today (93 octane different station) still cutting out under hard acceleration the rest of the time it runs fine. That makes me think jetting but like I said before I haven't changed it in over a year and it has never done this before.

v0lcom13sn0w
08-23-2009, 02:22 PM
check your jets and see if they're clogged. also idk about where you live but here in oregon they started putting 10% ethanol in the gas and its really really bad for the O rings in the carb. it eats them alive and then you start having fuel leaks through the drain tube on the float bowl which would cause it to cut out at hard acceleration. so try and check all that out if you are running pump gas with ethanol.

Napalm Nate
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
I am tearing the carb apart and giving everything a good cleaning hopefully that fixes it. I hate taking anything to the dealer it is always a last resort kind of option. I am not sure about the ethanol in indiana but I don't doubt it.

06tacoma
08-23-2009, 06:19 PM
mine did the same thing awhile ago it was a gloged jet try that.

mcgrath
08-24-2009, 06:14 PM
yeah mine was running bad too, took carb apart and it was spotless, put it back together and still ran awful. Took carb apart again and when I took bowl off there was a big gob of black dirt goo. Dont know where it came from but it fixed the problem. Sometimes you have to check and recheck, weird things happen....