PDA

View Full Version : broken "hd" head stud.....

bigbad400
08-22-2009, 05:47 AM
finaly got all the parts and got it all on the motor (440 11:1, new clutch, and removed sparks key) torquing down the head studs(with a bran new $75 torque wrench) i broke the last one (an inch off the tip) and there supposed to be gt thunder studs.... (i may have bean took on that) i dont know how to tell all installed, they are only slightly thiker than stock. so now i gatta take it all back apart and send the cylender to gt thunder and spend another 150 to have them put new real HD studs in for me. by the way how do the studs come out are they reverse thread or how does that work? i never had to go that far, first broken bolt i couldnt just ez out and replace.

me and a friend were gonna be test riding to jet her properly today, and just lightly breaking her in for the next run to silver lake dunes.... now its gonna be some time again.

any suggestions would be cool, im really not having good luck at all with this rebuild, and since my 426 motor is on hold for a gear in the tranny to show up i cant do anything right now and its driving me crazy.

thanks in advance guys.

bigbad400
08-22-2009, 07:47 AM
bump

RoadRage77
08-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I broke one of my studs before. I can't remember how i got it out but i did all the work at my campsite in the woods lol.. I got lucky because the local atv shop had some sitting around. This was back when the 400ex was actually the hottest baddest quad in the 4 stroke industry.