We have been having a problem with chains
coming off. When he gets pulled of the track
the chain is off the front and the rear. I called
Tom at Atv four play and he said the motor is
out of alignment.

So how do you align the motor ?

raidernut
08-21-2009, 08:42 PM
i use a laser pointer and sight down the rear sprocket to the front, then loosen up rear motor mount bolts, and move front of motor over one way or the other. you may have to add shims on one side, or take some material out of the spacer on the left side. This is my method, maybe someone has an easier one.

BradLoomis
08-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Chances are the motor is shifted over to the right side, since DRR's are only supported from the top's like Polaris'. This happens because the torque from the sprocket pulls the motor to the right hand side, on heavy loads and quick accelerations.

Mark is right about using a lazer or straightedge off of the rear sprocket. I machined the inside collar off 0.200" on the drive sprockets, and would shim them in or out to line perfectly with the rear sprocket.

You can use a small turnbuckle from the lower motor mount, Kasea style, and attach it to the left nerfbar to stop the side torque. Or you can make a lower bolt on motor to frame mount, to triangulate the engine into the frame. This is what I did to all the mini's I built, and it helps to keep the frame from cracking also because it stops alot of the twisting action.

If you would like photos, let me know.

edwardsp&b
08-22-2009, 12:30 PM
hey brad, i would love to see a photo of the lower mount.
thanks bryan

JIM GRACE
08-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Picked up a laser guide today and in the
a.m. I will see where to go from there.

Also noticed the hairline crack in the powder
coating next to the swing arm bolt is getting
worse:mad:

BradLoomis
08-22-2009, 10:51 PM
There are some more pictures on my Photobucket (http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/) if you are interested

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/Loomis%20Racing/IMG_1494.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/Loomis%20Racing/IMG_0881.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc52/X-Stream_Composites/Loomis%20Racing/IMG_0733.jpg

JIM GRACE
08-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Well after really looking it over ,,,,,,

frame is broke at the right front
motor mountW:grr: I did not even
see it one of the dads did once it was
on a lift without the gas tank on.

Special thanks to Steve wotring for
lending me a hand in the 100 degree heat.

Anyways his 70 had to do the job in
the 90 class and got 3rd overall with
a pile up in the first turn he was able
to avoid

props to Tyler 70t for a solid 2nd overall with
his new pipe and almost his first holeshot
behind Travis :macho

edwardsp&b
08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
thanks for the pics brad. any chance you got one of those mounts laying around for sale?
thanks bryan

BradLoomis
08-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Bryan,
I have to custom build these for every mini, because they are all slightly different. I have some of the vertical brackets already lazered out, but you will have to trim them to the heighth you will need them to be. The cross tube cover is cut out of 1 1/8" tubing and is cut in width to span from side to side, to keep the mount from moving. If you want to build one, I will help you out.

edwardsp&b
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM
sorry jim didnt mean to hijack your post.

brad, yes the tubing and cutting i can handle but i would like the vertical bracket made. pm me and we can get together on info.
thanks bryan

JIM GRACE
08-24-2009, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by edwardsp&b
[B]sorry jim didnt mean to hijack your post.

That's ok, I found that 70 has a cracked frame
as well. So I am not having a good day :devil:

edwardsp&b
08-25-2009, 06:15 AM
dont get upset about it, just yank out the welder and go to town. think of it this way, it will be stronger when your done!
good luck jim
bryan