PDA

View Full Version : What/where to buy intake and exhaust?

rinaldi
08-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I may buy the 08 I was offered and have read the 450r is really restricted on intake and the exhaust. I searched my spots (Motosport/Rky Mountain) but they don't offer much for the 450R. I also checked Ebay and there seems to be little offered there or at least in comparison to looking for parts for my Honda 400.

I am still not sure $3900 is a good buy on an 08. But if I buy where and what would you recommend for an intake and exhaust
? This has value on if I decide to buy the quad. If the parts are slim or over priced I will keep my 400.

lilguy450
08-22-2009, 12:53 PM
fuel customs makes good intakes for the kfx...i beleive there like 220 for the kit without the box and also ESR makes good exhaust even dasa has a good exhaust too if you want try the kfx450hq.com website theres alot of good info over there theres a pipe shootout too on there somewhere

rinaldi
08-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks. I will look over there. Sure not getting much response here.

Jigsaw
08-23-2009, 10:23 AM
5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban

JParisi48
08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
agreed

MtnEX
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Yep... use KB and get the Jardine RT99 full exhaust... best bang for the buck you will spend... and a huge savings over the $610 mine was...

I think they have 'packages' too if you want to add and intake and fuel controller as well. (not required)

rinaldi
08-24-2009, 03:17 PM
I plan on picking up the quad tomorrow. The Jardine pipe looks great. I am sure this is not a popular pipe for the Kawi since most associate Jardine with Honda. I like it. How does this compare to the DASA? It is priced very well. It has been awhile since I had a FI bike so I forget what I need to do in addition to just the pipe?

MtnEX
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rinaldi
I plan on picking up the quad tomorrow. The Jardine pipe looks great. I am sure this is not a popular pipe for the Kawi since most associate Jardine with Honda. I like it. How does this compare to the DASA? It is priced very well. It has been awhile since I had a FI bike so I forget what I need to do in addition to just the pipe?

Well yes... Jardine has seemed to get the snub on other forums... maybe because of that... or maybe because Dasa is so "established" with Kawi owners.

Bottom line is, the Jardine RT99 is all over the Dasa, and it's been proven.... and it is there at 99 dB.... In other words they didn't even try comparing apples to apples, using the 99 dB version Dasa.

There is no reason not to buy it over the Dasa.

The Jardine RT99 is a true tuned 4 stroke exhaust that is tuned to the KFX engine... it's not a cookie cutter pipe, it's specific.

With that said, it allows pretty much perfect intake of all the available fuel charge... so a fuel controller is not REQUIRED if you don't want to make an intake change.

I've got a whole thread here about the details... but bottom line is that I think the stock KFX map is very rich... it's just that the other exhaust systems do not help the engine draw in what is available... because I can run mine no controller, air box lid off, spark arrestor out and even end cap off if I want and I do not hear signs of running lean.

So if you are only going to buy one performance item now to boost power, this is it... most bang for your buck, and at a huge savings right now through KB.

And if you are going to do all 3, there is no reason not to do the Jardine RT99 + Intake + Fuel controller. You get more for your money.

I think Dasa's black can with green lettering is better looking... but who cares? I have the same performance, can pass dB requirements to race or ride anywhere, and I don't have to worry about a chipped finish on the raw aluminum.... (as I could hit it with black ceramic paint and green painted letters if I wanted for a few dollars).

BLU82
08-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Has anyone posted dyno numbers for the jardine anywhere?

MtnEX
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BLU82
Has anyone posted dyno numbers for the jardine anywhere?

Yes, there are some.

Jardine has a "safe publication" with just the exhaust. I say safe because it is way low... and it is also done on a Superflow dyno... which reports about 10% lower than a Dynojet.

There is also a shootout done between Jardine RT99, and the top power Dasa, and the top power Nmotion... not their 99 dB versions.

Bottom line is, Nmotion didn't perform as well, and Dasa and Jardine were close.... to close to call... Open up the Jardine though, and it's OVER.

The guy who ran the dynos said....

"we took an average of ten runs and we posted the runs that were closest to that average. All these pipes had better runs but did it only once. Kawi 450 is very temperature sensative."

I've seen higher numbers than his just with the Jardine RT99.

To me, dyno results are pretty subjective... they just give you a general idea... and are best used for air/fuel tuning.

I'll see if I can get together what I have seen.

Bottom line is, rather it's highly popular or not, this RT99 exhaust system can't be topped at 99 dB, not even with higher dB systems... and then if I open it up and go over 99 dB it's even more apparent.

bustedknuckle
09-06-2009, 07:44 AM
id ck out hetrick racing, they are team green factory supported .they make a good hp box,and quiet pipe .