PDA

View Full Version : 09 DRX90 Electrical removal

08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Would like to remove the battery, electrical wiring and keyswitch to have this quad merely be a kick start...Instructions anyone? What tools are needed? Is it difficult?

skyeryder
08-21-2009, 03:17 PM
do a search on this item I typed in wiring harness or wiring removal and it should come up, when we did ours it's pretty simple, just make sure you get all your grounds good and grounded(bare metal)

bulldogfallon
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Wire Harness By Pass (http://www.g-forcepowersports.com/wihaby1.html)

Wire Harness By Pass

1- Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires) (they will be zipped tied up under the tank and plugged into the harness-unplug them)

2- CDI wires (plug --orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground on frame

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame ---IMPORTANT---

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

tntauto1127
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I am in the market to buy the stuff you take off if your interested in selling it. I bought a 50 with it all removed and was thinking about putting it back on because my boy can't kick start it.

bulldogfallon
08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Try spraying a drying aerosal graphite spray on the gears and clip.

You will be amazed at how much easier they kick and recoil.

We used the CAT brand....just let it dry...I was surprised at the difference.

thequadfather+2
08-23-2009, 07:41 PM
hey P411m, does he like the DRR better than his Z90?

It took a little getting used to for my kids but they flat-out love their DRR's.

My two (6 & 9 ) and one of their friends all made the switch from the Z90's to the DRR 90 at the same time...we are all happy, more work but well worth it....:devil:

thequadfather+2
08-23-2009, 07:49 PM
BTW, judging by the way he rides you need to gusset the frame before he breaks it.....

My 9 year old destroyed his while at practice (see pic below). He beats on it a little worse than yours does but not much. Yesterday I inspected the one my 6 year old was riding at practice on Sunday and it is cracked. I am taking it apart to gusset it begining tomorrow.

08-24-2009, 05:14 AM
He says the difference between the z90 and the drx90 is night and day...and says the z90 is night...lol...I am palnning on doing the same thing...gusset the frame over the winter

08-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by tntauto1127
I am in the market to buy the stuff you take off if your interested in selling it. I bought a 50 with it all removed and was thinking about putting it back on because my boy can't kick start it.

I will let you know when I have it off...thanks!