PDA

View Full Version : Will an aftermaket carb help with just these mods?

unstopable1
01-10-2003, 10:17 AM
White Brothers E-Series Pipe
K&N Filter
155 Main Jet

I have some more mods to come but I was just curious if any of the aftermarket carbs would help it out any.Like the Edelbrock or FCR.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

crazy canadian
01-10-2003, 10:19 AM
you definately won't get the gains you would with a modded motor. i'd wait on the carb until you've got some motor work done.

crashinmatt
01-10-2003, 12:31 PM
i kinda disagree with crazy canadian. i believe the an aftermarket carb is the best bang for the buck, no matter what mods u have. yes, u may feel it more on modded motors, but it wakes up stock motors quite a bit. ask Maryland on here. he was impressed with a FCR39 and sparks full pipe.

02 Red Rider
01-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Edelbrock makes a carb for both modded and stock motors. Get the stock version now and when you are ready for motor work send the carb into edelbrock and they will upgrade the carb to the modded motor version for something like $50-$70.

Natertot426ex
01-10-2003, 12:42 PM
I think that if you put an aftermarket carb on it really helps no matter what you have or haven't done. An aftermarket carb like the Edelbrock has a bigger bore which allow more air to get to the motor plus the only thing that you can see in there is the needle. The stock carb has all kind of obstructions in the way so the air has to work hard to get through. I would recomend the Edebrock carb if you buy one. It is very simple to get the jetting right. It will only take a matter of an hour or 2 but with other carbs it could take up to a week to get it perfect. The edelbrock adjusts to the elevation and pretty much eliminate cold weather starting. My buddy has one on his 440ex and I am soon going to have one for my 426 ex.

unstopable1
01-11-2003, 10:46 AM
I know this question has been asked a thousand times but would an aftermarket headpipe like a powerbomb be worth the money?
Does it give any real noticable power gains?

Natertot426ex
01-11-2003, 11:36 AM
The first system I put on mine was an FMF and They have a lot of bottum end power. The pwer bomb header gives you more bottum end over stock. It all depends on where you want the most power to be.

Sparks425Ex
01-11-2003, 03:26 PM
If you go with an FCR39 carb on your motor you will feel alot of gains. But then when you decide to do some major motor work thewn it will really start putting out some power.