PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lawson

thumper492
08-21-2009, 08:00 AM
HAS ANY ONE HEARD THE RUMOR THAT JEREMY LAWSON IS LEAVING TEAM EPIC CAN-AM AND GOING BACK TO HONDA :confused:

KOG
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
i would to after that season . bad luck ......good ol bad luck

dehner47
08-21-2009, 08:43 AM
^^^ X2

i hope you goes back to his honda. he was starting to show he belongs in the pro class. then this year has been back luck after another. hope to see him get his s**t together on a new bike and get back were he belongs. racing for podiums.

elementryder
08-21-2009, 09:17 AM
hopefully lawson and natalie are back on hondas for next year, or something other than a canam

dehner47
08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't john have another year on his contract? thought i heard he signed @ yr deal and jeremy only did a one year with option for 2nd year. if thats the case, jeremy was the smart one:devil:

FHKracingZ
08-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I know but i wont tell :D

hsr
08-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
I know but i wont tell :D

I would imagine jeremy has more support financially from can-am than he did from honda, but if you aren't getting the results i don't blame him for going back. i think you will see a lot of mixing up from riders and brands for next year . I would like to see pat brown on a honda, that yammi seems to be holding him back for some reason, i could be wrong though...

TrapZ400
08-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Lawson is the man! He is one of my favorite riders for sure.

I can see him going back to a Honda. Its too bad they cant get those Can-Ams figured out. It will just take time before they can get them dialed, just like anything it takes time. Mad props to Can-Am though, you can definitely tell that they are serious about the sport and making this a winning bike, with all the support that they are giving to the teams, riders and also they are the only manufacturer that sponsors the series.

The Hondas are great when you get them race ready. It sucks that they dont give the support that the other manufacturers give to the riders.

XCRacer236
08-21-2009, 01:19 PM
i hop every person that is on a Can-Am this year leaves! MX, WORCS, GNCC. everything.

elementryder
08-21-2009, 01:58 PM
i think can-ams support is great, they seem to be deticated to the sport very much so, but before they can ever imagine winning a title or even an overall they need to completly redesing the quad, they have some of the best riders there are, lawson, natalie,miller and noone can get the bike to the #1 position, thats telling you something

extremeblastr
08-21-2009, 02:05 PM
natalie has been in the hunt for a win and lawson led a moto until late in the last lap. doesn't seem a whole lot different then kawis first two seasons to me...

thumper492
08-21-2009, 03:20 PM
the reason why i said that is that i heard he told them he quit a redbud and he sold one of his bikes at loretta lynns and there were his bikes for sale down there

ProspectorJim
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
i think can-ams support is great, they seem to be deticated to the sport very much so, but before they can ever imagine winning a title or even an overall they need to completly redesing the quad, they have some of the best riders there are, lawson, natalie,miller and noone can get the bike to the #1 position, thats telling you something

Completely redesign? Thats a bit far. The chassis is fine, the engine is the weak link.

I don't understand the hate towards can-am from some people.

powermadd400ex
08-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
doesn't seem a whole lot different then kawis first two seasons to me...
thats what i was thinking, now look at creamer.

extremeblastr
08-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
thats what i was thinking, now look at creamer.

to be honest with you though if there is anyone in that group of riders that going to bust his *** and make a machine work its josh, he don't care what hes on he will get that trophy if its within his power.

Lidvall119
08-22-2009, 04:47 PM
watch gibson endup in one of those spots!!!!!!

RIDEREDson
08-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Lidvall119

overrated

hsr
08-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Lidvall119

My thoughts exactly. Would be a poor move on his part though, he should stick with walsh on that kawi. They got that thing working good. If the economy wasn't in the tank he would probably have a spot under the factory tent. The Can ams just don't seem to be working for anyone though...it's a shame

ALAMX37
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Give them some time. Honda didnt built there bike in one year, nor did Suzuki or Kawasaki. Lots of R&D hours are needed, but with time you will see Can-am running up front. They have the riders they just have to work out the bikes. I say it will probably take another year or two before they will be consistent capable machines, but it will happen with the support and testing they are putting in. Plus what they are doing is nothing but good for our sport.

TrapZ400
08-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Give them some time. Honda didnt built there bike in one year, nor did Suzuki or Kawasaki. Lots of R&D hours are needed, but with time you will see Can-am running up front. They have the riders they just have to work out the bikes. I say it will probably take another year or two before they will be consistent capable machines, but it will happen with the support and testing they are putting in. Plus what they are doing is nothing but good for our sport.
I agree with you 100%. Thats exactly what I have been saying.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
overrated

And why would you say that? He crushed pro am this year.

xrxmxcx
08-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I love all the disrespect coming from all you Honda' lovers. I would expect nothing else from a Honda biased website nevertheless. Jeremy has worked hard riding for Can-am and has had a year of bad luck. He is one of my favorite riders but you can't weigh out his success and downfalls. Jeremy ran up front the season before last when WPSA drew in all the big names and it was Jeremy and Joe Byrd running AMA ATV. I wish you people would leave your biased ideas out in the shop with your Honda as you have probably owned only a red machine in your riding careers.

Jeremy will be fast and have talent on any machine, but has more capability with Can-am then any Honda deal drifting his way. He left Honda once and probably won't be riding red with no KICKBACK AT ALL FROM FACTORY HONDA, AND NO SUPPORT. I don't know how any of you can swallow the fact that they offer nothing towards ATV-MX, and on the other hand BRP is setting the benchmark for racer support both amateur and professionally!

xrxmxcx
08-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
And why would you say that? He crushed pro am this year.

...and from the looks of it had not much to bring to the table in AMA PRO ATV. It seems like the jump has become quite a hurdle as the pro class is stepping far ahead of any level it has in the past! With time speed comes!

extremeblastr
08-22-2009, 09:37 PM
^^^expected nothing less from a can-am groupie. how you can honestly form any opinion whatsoever from this past weekend on gibsons chances in the pro class i have no idea. he put a lot of pressure on himself when it was needed. come next season he'll be calm enough to go out there and just rideee like he was doing in proam and then we'll really know what the kid is made of. until then you can stop hatin on him and you can take your increadibly biased opinion of the can-am (which btw is not me saying none of what you said is true) and go throw it in the dumpster next to all those cases with rotax on the side of em.

FHKracingZ
08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
You honestly havnt been to a national this year. BESIDES lorettas, cody has had consistent lap times well within the top 5 at some places. He had 5 laps on the lorettas track before the first moto. Thats not much practice.

Cody will be fast next year and riding in the top 10. It will be interesting to see how he does on his new ride.

hsr
08-23-2009, 08:59 AM
You honestly havnt been to a national this year. BESIDES lorettas, cody has had consistent lap times well within the top 5 at some places. He had 5 laps on the lorettas track before the first moto. Thats not much practice.

Cody will be fast next year and riding in the top 10. It will be interesting to see how he does on his new ride.

So what your saying is Cody will be riding something other than a Kawi next year? Still with walsh or no?

FHKracingZ
08-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Haha, wouldnt ya like to know ;)

mx3mom
08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Haha, wouldnt ya like to know ;)

Ha ha I know too, but I ain't talkin'

hsr
08-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Lemme guess, he's taking pat browns spot on the yamaha team!!!???

FHKracingZ
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by mx3mom
Ha ha I know too, but I ain't talkin'

Haha caseys mom knows. Hows casey doin? I almost ran him over in pro-am on saturday when him and devin crashed. I imagine hes fine since he raced sunday. he was rolling at lorettas!

mx3mom
08-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Haha caseys mom knows. Hows casey doin? I almost ran him over in pro-am on saturday when him and devin crashed. I imagine hes fine since he raced sunday. he was rolling at lorettas!
Casey is doing fine. Thanks for not running him over, he got back on and rode his ......butt off. He managed to get the Polaris on the podium, but they added wrong and said Rastrelli had 3rd. But thats okay, the points were right and most everyone knows what happened anyway. Looking forward to next year!

dehner47
08-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
...and from the looks of it had not much to bring to the table in AMA PRO ATV. It seems like the jump has become quite a hurdle as the pro class is stepping far ahead of any level it has in the past! With time speed comes!

dude there is a major dif in pro-am and pro. whether your talking speed, endurance, confidence, ect. not many riders move from pro-am to pro and lay a whoopin down. i really dont think anyone who is anyone in the racing world expected him to set the world on fire. in his rookie race at that. like someone stated, his lap times were with in the top 5 of the pro class. the kids gonna be somebody. not saying he gonna win title or be the next gary denton, but he will be a top rider sometime in his career.

xrxmxcx
08-24-2009, 11:30 AM
I understand this is the internet and reading is sometimes an attribute, but if you REREAD what I said, I said the jump from PRO-AM TO PRO is huge compared to what it was, and the PRO class is on fire this year. Also, with time speed comes as I stated and it takes some hard work!

Gibson can post great lap times and I admit he has a great chance at becoming successful and I am personally rooting for him and love the kids style and speed. If he has the talent to go out there next year and place top 5's as everyone is rooting for and "foreseeing" than that is great and he deserves it!

On the realistic side of it we will probably be seeing him in the top 10 for 2010, but I hope I am wrong!

rageatvsupermom
08-24-2009, 12:31 PM
I have never understood why people put so much into lap times, or practice times, how many of you have won practice? Having a great lap time in thePro-am class is great but you can not compare the pro-am to the pro from lap times, you can have the fastest lap time out there and still not even finish the race, there is way more to racing than a lap time or even people's opinions.

Lets' just see how things pan out and go from there.
Good luck to everyone and thier contracts, they are all going
to need it.

Balaz_73*00
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't care what anyone says, cody gibson is THE MAN. His riding style and speed is wicked.

Ex_Rider43
08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
The DS engine isnt that bad , its the Noweld-riveted frame that is the weak spot.

For Jeremy ,

http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/atvamx/2007/200709jeremylawsonclose.jpg

The good old days. I wish he gets out of there and finds some kind of a deal with Honda but I doubt it. They make some good money under those big trailers so going back to beeing a privateer is not the best option.

ProspectorJim
08-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
its the Noweld-riveted frame that is the weak spot.

Care to explain why you believe that and give some examples of the frames bending or breaking that can be verified?

FHKracingZ
08-24-2009, 10:32 PM
From what I took from a very informed person is that the frame flex's to much in the side to side movements during the shock travel.. Which makes it extremely hard to dial in the body roll on the quad with different tracks.

The motor is not the issue, in fact I have heard the canam motor has very good potential and is very fast.

xrxmxcx
08-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Seems to me the Warnert team has had more success with Walsh than Motoworks going with Holz in my eyes. I think you will see drastic changes from the Warnert Walsh backed team for 2010, and I will be running all of the WRC components in 2010.

OutlawEX
08-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Care to explain why you believe that and give some examples of the frames bending or breaking that can be verified?

I was in Florida training this winter and natalie broke his frame so bad he was done training a week before the national. Then last year at red bud Sage Baker broke his frame in half and they had to swap out frames. Their frames are weak and the engines are weak.

The motors put down on a Dyno with the engine work around 65hp..However its only delivering what feels like 55hp.

extremeblastr
08-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Seems to me the Warnert team has had more success with Walsh than Motoworks going with Holz in my eyes. I think you will see drastic changes from the Warnert Walsh backed team for 2010, and I will be running all of the WRC components in 2010.

if there is anybody out there who can get frame and suspension issues worked out its my boy mike. you ever see his shop and house when he lived up here? it was hilarious to walk in his house he had half of it setup for welding the parts with metal lined walls and everything. my girl used to be afraid to walk in there, she said it looked like some pyscho who liked to torture people lived there haha.

FHKracingZ
08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Sage broke his frame at redbud because he overshot that big stepup to flat. He would of broken any frame.

Pappy
08-25-2009, 08:57 AM
I've seen several frames tweaked at the main pivot location due to smacking trees. I love the DS450, but it is an area that I would like to see redesigned or improved upon.

Scro
08-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
i hop every person that is on a Can-Am this year leaves! MX, WORCS, GNCC. everything.

No riders = less support. Not a good thing, considering Can-Am is the one of the biggest sponsors of the GNCC series. If they don't have anybody to atleast represent them, winning or not, why would they keep giving support?

xrxmxcx
08-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Scro
No riders = less support. Not a good thing, considering Can-Am is the one of the biggest sponsors of the GNCC series. If they don't have anybody to atleast represent them, winning or not, why would they keep giving support?

The factory teams are not going to have a big walk off, MX XC WHATEVER. I think its funny how there is a hint that Jeremy is moving on from Can-am and everyone says FU BRP and expects the whole team to say goodbye? If you had 1/2 a brain you'd realize that sitting under that big tent has more then just a free four-wheeler, atleast you get paid to ride it.

Now lets do some math, Warnert has 2 MX, atleast 6 XC, along with Motoworks with 3 MX, 3 Worcs, etc..

It would take what, 20+ guys to say byebye? I don't think there are many roles to fill with other brands? Any other full boat rides?

There won't be any absence in the BRP PRO ATV scene for any time to come. BRP is continuing contingency, rider support, and moving all of their 2008 units at a steady rate considering total market sales.

BRP is on the upstroke and has broke through their 2 year hump. Kawasaki had it, Suzuki had it, Polaris, Honda, ETC..

xrxmxcx
08-25-2009, 10:46 AM
if there is anybody out there who can get frame and suspension issues worked out its my boy mike. you ever see his shop and house when he lived up here? it was hilarious to walk in his house he had half of it setup for welding the parts with metal lined walls and everything. my girl used to be afraid to walk in there, she said it looked like some pyscho who liked to torture people lived there haha.

Who are you?

extremeblastr
08-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Who are you?

i was the one tryin to get you and rollie to cook my steaks at walden lol i haven't been around the track as much as i would've liked this year. hoping to hit the full series next year but we shall see as money and lack thereof dictates all unfortunately.

Scro
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
The factory teams are not going to have a big walk off, MX XC WHATEVER. I think its funny how there is a hint that Jeremy is moving on from Can-am and everyone says FU BRP and expects the whole team to say goodbye? If you had 1/2 a brain you'd realize that sitting under that big tent has more then just a free four-wheeler, atleast you get paid to ride it.

Now lets do some math, Warnert has 2 MX, atleast 6 XC, along with Motoworks with 3 MX, 3 Worcs, etc..

It would take what, 20+ guys to say byebye? I don't think there are many roles to fill with other brands? Any other full boat rides?

There won't be any absence in the BRP PRO ATV scene for any time to come. BRP is continuing contingency, rider support, and moving all of their 2008 units at a steady rate considering total market sales.

BRP is on the upstroke and has broke through their 2 year hump. Kawasaki had it, Suzuki had it, Polaris, Honda, ETC..

I agree. I was just referring to his post. Why would anybody want that to happen?:confused:

xrxmxcx
08-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I agree. I was just referring to his post. Why would anybody want that to happen?:confused:

Oh I know that, thought this forum double quoted but I was referring to the quote in your post.

:p

jcv400ex
08-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm so godddamn sick of reading "I know what ____ _____ is going to ride next year, wouldn't you like to know?!" Either post up what you heard from your neighbor's sister's half brother's man whore, or STFU! :macho

FHKracingZ
08-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Acually cody told me, but thats cool to. I dont think its proper for me to release information that does not involve me. Im sure a press release will be released when the time is right. :)

maticus
08-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I'm so godddamn sick of reading "I know what ____ _____ is going to ride next year, wouldn't you like to know?!" Either post up what you heard from your neighbor's sister's half brother's man whore, or STFU! :macho

i agree. if it was that top secret i doubt they would be talking about it out in the open for other riders to hear. SO SPILL IT:grr:

jcv400ex
08-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by maticus
i agree. if it was that top secret i doubt they would be talking about it out in the open for other riders to hear. SO SPILL IT:grr:

Either spill it, or don't post up anything at all! If you don't plan on posting the news, then don't start chit.

jjames/jlawson
08-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Funny, if everyone knew what they think they know.....how interesting would that be?????The truth will be out soon.

jcv400ex
08-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Thank you Mr Lawson!

coryatver
08-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Greg Gee who already switched to honda for this year said in an interview the biggest problem with can am is they don't listen to there riders they tell them what they need to do to make the bikes work but they don't make the changes. And this isn't lawsons first year of bad luck last year wasn't much better and he had the best results for can am.

It will be an interesting off season with the economy and support for quad racing going to crap and some manufactures not even making 2010 models.

rageatvsupermom
08-28-2009, 12:52 PM
My point is who cares? It should not matter to any of us what the
pros ride or if they have a ride.......just be glad they are riding so
we have someone to watch. What I am afraid of is that all the
factories are scaling down which means more privateers, which
means we may have a small pro class this next year.......in my
opinion that is not good.

BLU82
08-28-2009, 01:11 PM
I heard that Gee is switching to the new polaris scrambler.......

Pappy
08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by rageatvsupermom
My point is who cares? It should not matter to any of us what the
pros ride or if they have a ride.......just be glad they are riding so
we have someone to watch. What I am afraid of is that all the
factories are scaling down which means more privateers, which
means we may have a small pro class this next year.......in my
opinion that is not good.

I am afraid you are absolutley correct with respect to teams scaling back. It is understandable in this economy but a bad thing for our sport.

What I cant understand is why people bag on Pro's or other riders when this sport demands we pull together and make things grow from within. So what if so and so rides such and such, support the sport.

Most folks that race would jump at the chance to have more or bigger sponsors yet rail against those that are doing just that. Jealousy.....it makes people look small IMO.

Rant off

Brauap
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Jeremy Lawson is my cousin. I go over to his place just about every weekend. Just rode with him and his son last weekend at my B-Day party.

Serious! Jeremy Lawson is my cousin! Not the one your thinking about but his name is also Jeremy Lawson and he use to race quads.. weird, huh? :p

btw I am NOT kidding!

ProspectorJim
08-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I think lawson is an outstanding rider he is just on a garbage machine. Same with natalie. natalie was the one to beat when he was on his honda.

yea, if everyone rode a honda the sport would be soooooo much better... or dead.

quad2xtreme
08-28-2009, 06:01 PM
What does it take to run in the pro class if say only 16 riders showed up? If you were the 17th rider with limited experience, would they let you line up?

OutlawEX
08-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
What does it take to run in the pro class if say only 16 riders showed up? If you were the 17th rider with limited experience, would they let you line up?

Nope....New rule...Ask Alex Trompen..

extremeblastr
08-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Honda is a proven machine. It would not make the sport better but it would make the racing more competitive and better. The only thing can am is doing is helping the sport and that is it. They are producing quads that can't get a consistent top 5(honda, suzuki, kawasaki) so those two specific riders would be far better on a honda.

so what your saying here is that you would rather see more competitive racing for a couple years and then have no racing at all for anybody just to get guys off whatever isn't working for them? thats not how it works bud, the honda didn't just come out of the box a proven winner. it takes time and a lot of adjusting to get things right and the canam is what 5 years behind honda because they refuse to redesign and now being a honda fanboy your gonna ask why they should of course but i'm not gonna answer you. everybody is hating on canam for this that and the other thing but truth be told their first two seasons were no less successfull then kawaskis and now look at the kawi riders. so sit back relax and just watch because thats what your supposed to be doing not trying to run the series from behind your computer.

300ex_#387
08-29-2009, 09:22 AM
so what your saying here is that you would rather see more competitive racing for a couple years and then have no racing at all for anybody just to get guys off whatever isn't working for them? thats not how it works bud, the honda didn't just come out of the box a proven winner. it takes time and a lot of adjusting to get things right and the canam is what 5 years behind honda because they refuse to redesign and now being a honda fanboy your gonna ask why they should of course but i'm not gonna answer you. everybody is hating on canam for this that and the other thing but truth be told their first two seasons were no less successfull then kawaskis and now look at the kawi riders. so sit back relax and just watch because thats what your supposed to be doing not trying to run the series from behind your computer.

Most racers prefer the 04/05 hondas over the newer one. Now I know they had a few problems but I would say they thats right out of the box considering it was the first 2 years in production.

extremeblastr
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Hasn't kawi and can am both been out for 2 years? Kawi is making a stand and running consistent top 5s and a lot of podiums and wins. Can am is lucky to get a podium a season.
Honda is one of the most proven machines. Have you ever wondered why pretty much every pro privateer runs one? Joe byrd shows it is a proven machine week after week too.

canam is finishing up their second year and kawi is finishing up their 3rd year. we used to consider a great weekend when kawi ran top 5 now we expect it from them.

extremeblastr
08-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Most racers prefer the 04/05 hondas over the newer one. Now I know they had a few problems but I would say they thats right out of the box considering it was the first 2 years in production.

they prefer the 04/05 because of things like weight from adding the estart to small design changes that didn't quite work out.

OutlawEX
08-29-2009, 12:06 PM
they prefer the 04/05 because of things like weight from adding the estart to small design changes that didn't quite work out.

And power!!

Rage just finally got some good 06-09 numbers for Harold on the Dyno..

extremeblastr
08-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
And power!!

Rage just finally got some good 06-09 numbers for Harold on the Dyno..

yeah thats what i meant by the design changes lol just little stuff they changed in the motor that didn't get the job done.

DEAL
08-29-2009, 01:27 PM
yeah thats what i meant by the design changes lol just little stuff they changed in the motor that didn't get the job done.

Little changes? Lol
its a completely different motor from the 04/05s.

extremeblastr
08-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Little changes? Lol
its a completely different motor from the 04/05s.

i thought most parts were still interchangable? i've only torn into the 04/05 so i don't know much about the inside of 06 and up lol

OutlawEX
08-29-2009, 03:20 PM
i thought most parts were still interchangable? i've only torn into the 04/05 so i don't know much about the inside of 06 and up lol

Just the clutch and cams and oil filter are the same..

extremeblastr
08-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Just the clutch and cams and oil filter are the same..

alright cool, didn't realize they were that different. leave it to honda to work backwards with updates lol.

quadrcr161
08-30-2009, 09:02 AM
didnt the actual CanAm team just drop one of their riders this past winter and warner canam team picked up his contract and now everyone is under the warner tent? i know of one mechanic who is having to take canam to court to get paid from working for them the 1st year. at mill creek it was up in the air if natalie would finish the season on canam.

also to say honda wasnt proven out of the box, didnt it win the baja race (1000 or 500 maybe? dont remember off the top of my head), Natalie won the indoor races and then won the GNC's. Honda has always been on top of the pro and the am class. i do wish they would offer more support though.

i might not have attented all the nationals this year, but i do know a few people.

the sport was around for years before the factorys got involved, and with the support of the aftermarket it will be around. if the riders are wanting to win they will ride what works.

RIDEREDson
08-30-2009, 09:28 AM
But look how good natalie did when his machine did not let him down. If it had run like that all season long no telling where he would have finished in the points. I like honda but Im not biased. I love team kawi and if I did not own a 450r I'd have a kfx for sure.

quad2xtreme
08-30-2009, 09:32 AM
AMA bent very quickly to support the manufacturers with rule changes that chased lots of the independents and innovation out of the race scene. This was all to make racing more affordable. Yea, bull****. It still costs just as much to build a factory ride...so what if you have to spend another 2k on a frame. This doesn't even come close to making a difference when you consider the cost of just traveling and staying at all the events...not to mention not having a regular job.

It would be different if you had to race them out of the box with stock swingarm, stock shocks, stock a-arms, and stock frame. Every damn part gets replaced anyhow so big deal on changing the frame. Would be nice to go back to putting different motors in different frames too.

Now, manufacturers act like they can't support the race scene during a downturn in the economy. Not buying it at all. At least Honda is consistent...cheap all the time.

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
didnt the actual CanAm team just drop one of their riders this past winter and warner canam team picked up his contract and now everyone is under the warner tent? i know of one mechanic who is having to take canam to court to get paid from working for them the 1st year. at mill creek it was up in the air if natalie would finish the season on canam.

also to say honda wasnt proven out of the box, didnt it win the baja race (1000 or 500 maybe? dont remember off the top of my head), Natalie won the indoor races and then won the GNC's. Honda has always been on top of the pro and the am class. i do wish they would offer more support though.

i might not have attented all the nationals this year, but i do know a few people.

the sport was around for years before the factorys got involved, and with the support of the aftermarket it will be around. if the riders are wanting to win they will ride what works.

the ltr came out in what 06? so the honda had exactly how much competition for the first two years of its run? yamaha and lmao has that bike turned into a joke in the race scene. as far as riding what works and blah blah about the factories thats not how it goes. you get offered a ride that pays you take it and do what you can to make it work, if you really want to win you'll get that bike to the front even if that means you have to make changes yourself. not to mention that there are riders out there who would rather ride that "junk" bike and win on it in an attempt to make a name for the manufacturer because its always taken care of them.

300ex_#387
08-30-2009, 01:00 PM
the ltr came out in what 06? so the honda had exactly how much competition for the first two years of its run? yamaha and lmao has that bike turned into a joke in the race scene. as far as riding what works and blah blah about the factories thats not how it goes. you get offered a ride that pays you take it and do what you can to make it work, if you really want to win you'll get that bike to the front even if that means you have to make changes yourself. not to mention that there are riders out there who would rather ride that "junk" bike and win on it in an attempt to make a name for the manufacturer because its always taken care of them.

Why do the majority of people who race nationals still ride a honda? You say the manufacturer always takes care of them? Earlier in this thread they were talking about how CanAm did not make the changes that the rider was asking for. That sure is taking care of them alright.

ProspectorJim
08-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Why do the majority of people who race nationals still ride a honda? You say the manufacturer always takes care of them? Earlier in this thread they were talking about how CanAm did not make the changes that the rider was asking for. That sure is taking care of them alright.

Because it is cheap, parts are everywhere, and there are people who know what they're doing with the Honda engine. Thats about it.

Its useless arguing with these honda fanatics. Its always the same 2 or 3 replies.

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Its useless arguing with these honda fanatics. Its always the same 2 or 3 replies.

well hell they're defending a manufacturer who can't design a new quad how can you expect them to have a new point? lol. oh and btw 387 sometimes you have to stop expecting someone to fix something for you and do it yourself especially when they're paying to you ride the machine, so if you can't ride it the way you want then do something about it or quit your goddam whining. why is it that the second these guys get factory support you think they should be pampered and the privateers should suck it up and deal with having to do the work because well obviously they're doing something wrong if they didn't get picked up by a team.

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
yamaha a joke??

your a joke if thats the case. wait til they put true rider on their bike that cares bout racing instead of the money

honestly now? pat brown, dunk, spader, luburgh none of those guys have been able to perform consistently on that bike as of yet. it just plain doesn't get it done.

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 07:10 PM

yamaha a joke??

your a joke if thats the case. wait til they put true rider on their bike that cares bout racing instead of the money

how many times this season have u seen a yamaha pulling off the track for mechanical issues?

how many times has can am pulled off the track? more than i can count

lawson is the man i ride with him between the races when his up in ky and if you dont know the facts dont try to act like u do if ur gonna bash someone or a brand of machine just keep it to urself

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 07:14 PM
yamaha a joke??

how many times this season have u seen a yamaha pulling off the track for mechanical issues?

how many times has can am pulled off the track? more than i can count

lawson is the man i ride with him between the races when his up in ky and if you dont know the facts dont try to act like u do if ur gonna bash someone or a brand of machine just keep it to urself

your flat out dumb, i haven't bashed lawson a single time so don't put words in my mouth. as far as the yami goes, if they're so great how come they can't get a win? they have had some of the best riders out there over the years and have not been a consistent front runner. hell natalie couldn't even stay up front on one so how are you going to put their dismal performance on the riders?

mxpimp2000
honestly now? pat brown, dunk, spader, luburgh none of those guys have been able to perform consistently on that bike as of yet. it just plain doesn't get it done.

wat about thomas brown? natalie? ballance?

thomas brown is doing alot better than pat when pat has been pro alot longer

mxpimp2000

wat about thomas brown? ballance?

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 07:17 PM
your flat out dumb, i haven't bashed lawson a single time so don't put words in my mouth. as far as the yami goes, if they're so great how come they can't get a win? they have had some of the best riders out there over the years and have not been a consistent front runner. hell natalie couldn't even stay up front on one so how are you going to put their dismal performance on the riders?

FLAT OUT DUMB HUH?

ballance is 9x champion EXPLAIN that one big bird

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
wat about thomas brown? natalie? ballance?

oh really, tbrown has one season under his belt and you have the balls to say he's better then pat. he did good this year no doubt but hes got a long way to be on pats level and whether you want to believe it or not thats the truth. and if we aren't discussing gncc at this point but yes ballance is incredibly dominant on his yami, but thats not motocross is it?

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 07:19 PM
FLAT OUT DUMB HUH?

ballance is 9x champion EXPLAIN that one big bird

BALLANCE DOESN'T RACE MX, get that through your skull. and to dominate like that means he could damn well do it on any bike so don't act like the yami got him there.

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 07:19 PM
BTW they sure in the heck aint ridin a extreme blaster LMFAO u must tho:D

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 07:21 PM
BTW they sure in the heck aint ridin a extreme blaster LMFAO u must tho:D

i made this account when i was riding in the youth class on a blaster and sponsored by my uncles shop Extreme Motosports so thats where my tag came from so don't hate haha.

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 07:21 PM
BALLANCE DOESN'T RACE MX, get that through your skull. and to dominate like that means he could damn well do it on any bike so don't act like the yami got him there.

GNCC/MX/WORCS/NEATV/ I DONT CARE WINNING IS WINNING YAMAHA SUZUKI KAWI OR HONDA WHO CARES!!!

quad2xtreme
08-30-2009, 07:22 PM
talk to a few engine builders and riders and you will have your answer why the Yamaha isn't even close to be at the top this year. You can't win races if you don't make horsepower.

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 07:27 PM
talk to a few engine builders and riders and you will have your answer why the Yamaha isn't even close to be at the top this year. You can't win races if you don't make horsepower.

engine builders have their favorites and they specialize in 1 certain brand which they can port polish and watever on any motor but it wont perform like the ones they specialize in.

example: DASA=honda ATP=suzuki YOSHI=suzuki Pro circuit=kawi to name a few so wheres yamahas builders?

quad2xtreme
08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
engine builders have their favorites and they specialize in 1 certain brand which they can port polish and watever on any motor but it wont perform like the ones they specialize in.

example: DASA=honda ATP=suzuki YOSHI=suzuki Pro circuit=kawi to name a few so wheres yamahas builders?

Bingo...find a builder who can make comparable power out of this quad as the others.

300ex_#387
08-30-2009, 07:39 PM
well hell they're defending a manufacturer who can't design a new quad how can you expect them to have a new point? lol. oh and btw 387 sometimes you have to stop expecting someone to fix something for you and do it yourself especially when they're paying to you ride the machine, so if you can't ride it the way you want then do something about it or quit your goddam whining. why is it that the second these guys get factory support you think they should be pampered and the privateers should suck it up and deal with having to do the work because well obviously they're doing something wrong if they didn't get picked up by a team.

Who are you man? Who exactly are you calling that that whines and think they need pampered? For all I know you prolly don't even ride. Where are you getting all this from?

300ex_#387
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM

It's not the fact that he can do it on any bike its the fact that he DID IT ON A YAMAHA!!!

Motocross or not GNCC racing is still an ATV sport. Same machines different terrain so why can't we compare that too?

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Who are you man? Who exactly are you calling that that whines and think they need pampered? For all I know you prolly don't even ride. Where are you getting all this from?

you, the damn amateurs whine for the pros all day long, only pro i've ever met in person that thought he deserved everything handed to him was joe byrd and i will never speak to that snob again. but the point was very simple and its that if you really want to get out their and win you tell your mechanic what needs to be done and blah blah blah but if its not getting done that way then you need to take it into your own hands and fix it the best you can until a better opportunity comes your way.

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 08:26 PM
It's not the fact that he can do it on any bike its the fact that he DID IT ON A YAMAHA!!!

Motocross or not GNCC racing is still an ATV sport. Same machines different terrain so why can't we compare that too?

it is the fact he can do it on any bike, hes been riding a yamaha for how long? and they give him how much support? i'd ride the damn thing to with the support they're throwing at him.

extremeblastr
08-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Bingo...find a builder who can make comparable power out of this quad as the others.

can't blame this on the engine builders, there is only so much you can do and keep it reliable and the manufacturer just finally made some real changes for this year so it still falls back on yamaha. it is yamahas own fault they are behind just like its canams own fault right now to. after next season if no new models have come out, no major changes have been made and canam has had a chance to fix their issues we'll see who is truly dialed into their machine.

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 08:33 PM
you, the damn amateurs whine for the pros all day long, only pro i've ever met in person that thought he deserved everything handed to him was joe byrd and i will never speak to that snob again. but the point was very simple and its that if you really want to get out their and win you tell your mechanic what needs to be done and blah blah blah but if its not getting done that way then you need to take it into your own hands and fix it the best you can until a better opportunity comes your way.

im not whining for NO ONE but DUDE chill out. if u can do it better than the pros then do it.

joe byrd is a petty excuse he will wine and cry until he gets his way. ive met alot of pros and i ride with them every now and then,

if u go makin ur own changes to a bike and take it into ur own hands then u might find urself a privateer, riders are riders and mechanics are mechanics

300ex_#387
08-30-2009, 08:41 PM

They have TEAMS for a reason. The rider rides the bike and the mechanic makes adjustements the rider asks for. There is no "pampering" it's as simple as that. Both are getting paid to do it so why should the rider do work he isn't getting paid for when his mechanic "could" do a better job. I am not whining for a pro. I am stating simple facts that you are not understanding obviously.

300ex_#387
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
it is the fact he can do it on any bike, hes been riding a yamaha for how long? and they give him how much support? i'd ride the damn thing to with the support they're throwing at him.

No. The fact is he DID IT ON A YAMAHA. That was the whole argument in the first place. You said Yamaha didn't have any top finishers and he stated Bill Ballance with his champioships. GNCC or MX doesn't matter. You were wrong.

sparks 450
08-30-2009, 08:57 PM
ballance didnt win all those championships on a yamaha. he won it on a 250r a few years and a z400.

mxpimp2000
08-30-2009, 09:18 PM
ballance never rode a z400:D

RIDEREDson
08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
A z400. Now that's a cool ride. :rolleyes:

BlaineKaiser450
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
A z400. Now that's a cool ride. :rolleyes: ive seen some really sick z400's so i wouldnt hate.

quad2xtreme
08-31-2009, 06:39 AM
it isn't apples-to-apples to compare someone winning in XC to MX. XC is truly more about the rider and a good rider can make up for a less powerful quad. The Yammy isn't a terrible quad for the average joe...just not going to compete with the power the builders are getting out of the Kawi, Honda, and Suzuki at the pro level on an mx track.

If you check the early year posts, I was concerned that the Kawi wasn't going to be ready for this year because they were having trouble keeping it together. You build too much HP and you loose reliability. Obviously, they got it all figured out now. Yammy builders are gonna need more time or there is an inherit limitation that can't be overcome. Yammy has some great riders...that really isn't the problem. I seriously doubt that Wimmer could beat Byrd if he were on a Yammy.

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 06:55 AM
They have TEAMS for a reason. The rider rides the bike and the mechanic makes adjustements the rider asks for. There is no "pampering" it's as simple as that. Both are getting paid to do it so why should the rider do work he isn't getting paid for when his mechanic "could" do a better job. I am not whining for a pro. I am stating simple facts that you are not understanding obviously.

the rider is being paid to GET RESULTS. if he has to make a couple adjustments on his own to do it then he better handle it, and until you've been involved with someone in any sport who gets that kind of support then you wouldn't understand.

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
it isn't apples-to-apples to compare someone winning in XC to MX. XC is truly more about the rider and a good rider can make up for a less powerful quad. The Yammy isn't a terrible quad for the average joe...just not going to compete with the power the builders are getting out of the Kawi, Honda, and Suzuki at the pro level on an mx track.

If you check the early year posts, I was concerned that the Kawi wasn't going to be ready for this year because they were having trouble keeping it together. You build too much HP and you loose reliability. Obviously, they got it all figured out now. Yammy builders are gonna need more time or there is an inherit limitation that can't be overcome. Yammy has some great riders...that really isn't the problem. I seriously doubt that Wimmer could beat Byrd if he were on a Yammy.

thankgod someone with a little common sense. i think thomas brown would have a done a little better this year if he could of stuck with the standard model rather than switching to the yfzr. i haven't seen anyone have a good deal of success on the yfzr yet.

300ex_#387
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
the rider is being paid to GET RESULTS. if he has to make a couple adjustments on his own to do it then he better handle it, and until you've been involved with someone in any sport who gets that kind of support then you wouldn't understand.

Once again. Who are you?I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking with someone involved with a professional team like yourself. Please flatter me.

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Once again. Who are you?I'm sorry I didn't realize I was talking with someone involved with a professional team like yourself. Please flatter me.

if i needed you to know who i am you'd know, i don't work with any professional quad teams but i have worked with several high profile oval track teams and i know what its like to work with the big sponsors. i do ride but i find the business side of the sport and knowing who to talk to and how to help this and that guy get their name out a little more interesting. when you've wrenched on a championship legends car team with a bigname sponsor like mcdonalds on your back, or a dirt modified team running for a superdirt series title then you know what its like to feel the need to perform for your sponsor and i'll tell you right now on both of those teams the driver was always ready to get his hands dirty to make the car work the way he wanted. to say that a rider doesn't need to work on his quad because he has a mechanic is ignorant, the mechanic can't always take what your telling him and make the changes you need sometimes you need to have your own ideas and put them into action.;)

300ex_#387
08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
if i needed you to know who i am you'd know, i don't work with any professional quad teams but i have worked with several high profile oval track teams and i know what its like to work with the big sponsors. i do ride but i find the business side of the sport and knowing who to talk to and how to help this and that guy get their name out a little more interesting. when you've wrenched on a championship legends car team with a bigname sponsor like mcdonalds on your back, or a dirt modified team running for a superdirt series title then you know what its like to feel the need to perform for your sponsor and i'll tell you right now on both of those teams the driver was always ready to get his hands dirty to make the car work the way he wanted. to say that a rider doesn't need to work on his quad because he has a mechanic is ignorant, the mechanic can't always take what your telling him and make the changes you need sometimes you need to have your own ideas and put them into action.;)

Now your comparing apples to oranges. Those teams spend the week wrenching on the car getting them ready for the next weeks race. I'm sure Lawson and other pros are spending there week doing what they get paid for. Practicing, cardio, working out and any other sponsership obligations. Now why should they have to worry about wrenching on the quad also when there are people getting paid to do this also. I do agree with one thing you have said. If it's not working on do what you can and move on to the next best thing that comes along. Your making it seem like these guys who race at a proffesional level need to stop *****ing and whining and do more work. Now that being said I'm sure you wouldn't understand unless you were around a professional race team like those. I'm sorry but dirt track racing is a different ball game.

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
and this is where your lack of experience comes in its the same basic idea, and we don't wrench all week on the cars (i'me helping a friend who is just starting out now) unless we break something, if the setup didn't work we make a couple changes but can't really do anything until you know what the track is like on race day and if it works let it be and change it up if it doesn't work in practice on the day of the race. i also didn't say the pros are b****ing and whining what i said was very simple, if lawsons mechanic is not getting the bike to work for him with the changes that ARE being made then he needs to get involved and help make the bike work for him. i'm not saying that he should be wrenching on it all weekend and during the week just that he needs to do something for himself if nobody else is getting it done.

jjames/jlawson
08-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Sometimes no matter how much you work on getting the quad set up, alot depends on what aftermarket products you have, and getting the factories or Team OWNERS to LISTEN what is needed to make a winning quad.
That should tell you something........think about it.
Jackie

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
you've got to take the good with the bad, sometimes you have to suck it up and deal with what you have until something better comes along.

xrxmxcx
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by jjames/jlawson
Sometimes no matter how much you work on getting the quad set up, alot depends on what aftermarket products you have, and getting the factories or Team OWNERS to LISTEN what is needed to make a winning quad.
That should tell you something........think about it.
Jackie

Amen to that, hopefully he gets back to having those Walsh products underneath him again!

:devil:

jjames/jlawson
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Evidently your not in it for a Championship ???? Most PRO riders are out there to gain that title, NOT just too SUCK it up and ride WHATEVER.....no matter what you are getting paid. You get on a proven quad, you win, you will get the money you deserve....not just because someone handed it to you to promote their products ....It will make you work that much harder and let you know you deserve that # 1 plate.
Just my 2 cents....
Jackie

coryatver
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
ballance never rode a z400:D

he raced a z440 for 1 race maybe 2 it was before the yfz came out and he said it was down to much in power to race.

300ex_#387
08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
and this is where your lack of experience comes in its the same basic idea, and we don't wrench all week on the cars (i'me helping a friend who is just starting out now) unless we break something, if the setup didn't work we make a couple changes but can't really do anything until you know what the track is like on race day and if it works let it be and change it up if it doesn't work in practice on the day of the race. i also didn't say the pros are b****ing and whining what i said was very simple, if lawsons mechanic is not getting the bike to work for him with the changes that ARE being made then he needs to get involved and help make the bike work for him. i'm not saying that he should be wrenching on it all weekend and during the week just that he needs to do something for himself if nobody else is getting it done.

I do believe jjames/jlawson has said anything that needs to be said to shut you up. If not......you should have just been swallowed.

Also I garuntee any good factory team that wants to win a championship already knows a lot about the tracks from previous years. What gearing, shock setup, where and when they want the power delivered. I'm sure they are busier than you are with your friends "championship hunt car". It's all way over your head with your lack of experience. I mean you just fix whats broke and leave it the same. Good thing Mcdonalds aren't sponsering them.

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
you have absolutely no clue what your talking about, what part of "the canam seems to have to much frame flex and they can't get the suspension set right" is so hard for you to understand? and what you know from previous years is just and idea to start with, until you've been out there and driven/ridden the surface you'll be racing on and had a chance to try your setup you don't know how to change it. and my friend is by no means in a championship hunt and i thank god for that i've had enough of wrecking the car one saturday loading it up and getting it home, thrash on it all day sunday to get it apart, wait til wedsnday for the parts we need and then thrash all night thursday and friday to get it back on the track for saturday just to have the motor s*** the bed because when he hit the wall the week before it put so much of a load on everything it twisted the cam up a little so when he went back out and started working the motor it wiped out the valves. your a c class rider right? (when i say c class i mean in a competitive series not the local one that runs fairgrounds races) let me clue you in on something right now, 1 suspension setup will not get you through the year if your halfway fast. you have to switch it up at EVERY track and its never the same because you might change the lines from the last time you rode the track or the dirt isn't as wet so it wears different as the day goes on so the changes you make are different from last time. racing is a constant battle against the changing conditions and thats only when you have a top notch rider/driver on a top notch machine(which the canam team is providing him with whether he likes the parts or not, if you can't get it setup for the way you ride then you need to change the way you ride until you can get it figured out in practice).

300ex_#387
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
you have absolutely no clue what your talking about, what part of "the canam seems to have to much frame flex and they can't get the suspension set right" is so hard for you to understand? and what you know from previous years is just and idea to start with, until you've been out there and driven/ridden the surface you'll be racing on and had a chance to try your setup you don't know how to change it. and my friend is by no means in a championship hunt and i thank god for that i've had enough of wrecking the car one saturday loading it up and getting it home, thrash on it all day sunday to get it apart, wait til wedsnday for the parts we need and then thrash all night thursday and friday to get it back on the track for saturday just to have the motor s*** the bed because when he hit the wall the week before it put so much of a load on everything it twisted the cam up a little so when he went back out and started working the motor it wiped out the valves. your a c class rider right? (when i say c class i mean in a competitive series not the local one that runs fairgrounds races) let me clue you in on something right now, 1 suspension setup will not get you through the year if your halfway fast. you have to switch it up at EVERY track and its never the same because you might change the lines from the last time you rode the track or the dirt isn't as wet so it wears different as the day goes on so the changes you make are different from last time. racing is a constant battle against the changing conditions and thats only when you have a top notch rider/driver on a top notch machine(which the canam team is providing him with whether he likes the parts or not, if you can't get it setup for the way you ride then you need to change the way you ride until you can get it figured out in practice).

I don't even know where to begin. Your making no sense and I don't even understand what point you are trying to make here. Your rambling on about stuff that isn't even relavent to the thread. Now your trying to tell someone who has experience with a professional race team who is in the hunt for a championship that they need to change the way they do things? Your digging your hole real deep man. LOL did you google my name and find my results from like 4 years ago in a fair race series? How about when I raced the C class 2 years ago also? I've been hurt for the past 2 years but I have attended B races this year, so NO I am not a C rider.

k4f5x0r
08-31-2009, 07:51 PM
alright really can you guys give it a rest? im tired of seeing pointless arguments at the top of the forum.

both of you have valid points but both of you just feel the need to be right.

J.lawson already said, youll find out what he's riding in due time.

extremeblastr
08-31-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't even know where to begin. Your making no sense and I don't even understand what point you are trying to make here. Your rambling on about stuff that isn't even relavent to the thread. Now your trying to tell someone who has experience with a professional race team who is in the hunt for a championship that they need to change the way they do things? Your digging your hole real deep man.

how is it not relevant? if what they're doing isn't working then its pretty damn obvious they aren't doing something right now isn't it? stop trying to be the big man and call out everything i say because you think it'll take away from your lack of knowledge on any of this. i'll tell you what go google the name matt kobyluck and do a little reading, those are the kinds of racing programs i've been involved in. his specifically a few times so i know whats it like to run at a serious level and its generally the same from sport to sport whether you think so or not.

300ex_#387
08-31-2009, 08:01 PM
how is it not relevant? if what they're doing isn't working then its pretty damn obvious they aren't doing something right now isn't it? stop trying to be the big man and call out everything i say because you think it'll take away from your lack of knowledge on any of this. i'll tell you what go google the name matt kobyluck and do a little reading, those are the kinds of racing programs i've been involved in. his specifically a few times so i know whats it like to run at a serious level and its generally the same from sport to sport whether you think so or not.

Its not relevant because noone cares if your friend hit a wall and had to tear down a whole motor because he twisted a cam. Thats not what the argument is about. It sounds like your on a real winning team but thats besides the point. I am done arguing with you. You can continue to tell Jackie and Jeremy Lawson how to run things the right way. I'm sure they are on the other side of your computer screen waiting to take notes.

300ex_#387
08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
alright really can you guys give it a rest? im tired of seeing pointless arguments at the top of the forum.

both of you have valid points but both of you just feel the need to be right.

J.lawson already said, youll find out what he's riding in due time.

If you read most of the threads you would notice that he shows up in most of the pointless arguments. He is a true internet badass.

xrxmxcx
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Would you young ladies stop flaming on in this thread?

Neither of you have owned/ridden the DS450 and if you have, I'm sorry I have mistaken your hands on experience, but seriously don't talk the talk if you don't walk the walk!

Secondly, your personal goals and race "experience" if that's what you call it means nothing in a thread speculating a professional rider. That goes back to bieng professional, meaning not going on like internet flamers ranting on about stuff they are SPECULATING.

END RANT.

:huh

clyde 57
08-31-2009, 08:20 PM
what happenend to J.Lawson anyways Dustin Nelson will explain all your worrys for if yamaha is fast of enough

Chit
08-31-2009, 08:56 PM

Neither of you have owned/ridden the DS450 and if you have, I'm sorry I have mistaken your hands on experience, but seriously don't talk the talk if you don't walk the walk!

Secondly, your personal goals and race "experience" if that's what you call it means nothing in a thread speculating a professional rider. That goes back to bieng professional, meaning not going on like internet flamers ranting on about stuff they are SPECULATING.

END RANT.

:huh

I felt that someone had used "young ladies" in a thread, and came as fast as possible. Thanks for nothing.

/end disappointment

nynetwo9
08-31-2009, 10:06 PM
everytime i see this thread at the top of the fourm, i get excited thinking that someon has some Jeremy Lawson news.

So... Aside from all the fighting, anyone have anynews on Lawson??

maticus
09-01-2009, 06:55 AM
i agree. i mean lawson himself(or wife) was on this thread but there wasnt enough room for him to post with all the useless posting about yamaha's and how every quad sucks.

Pappy
09-01-2009, 06:59 AM
i agree. i mean lawson himself(or wife) was on this thread but there wasnt enough room for him to post with all the useless posting about yamaha's and how every quad sucks.

There was plenty of room for him to post, but he did not need to post more then he did......the fact that noone listened is where this thread went way off track:p

Sometimes being a Pro means knowing what to say and how much not to say:D

extremeblastr
09-01-2009, 09:19 AM

Neither of you have owned/ridden the DS450

not saying anything about the bike as i have ridden one and overall loved it, the only reason i haven't bought one is i refuse to do so until they've figured out how to handle all the issues that keep popping up.

FHKracingZ
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM

Acually Jackie, who has been posting is Jeremy's mom, not his wife. Just clearing that up! :)

Jeremy is engaged though, so congrats on that!

mx3mom
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by nynetwo9
everytime i see this thread at the top of the fourm, i get excited thinking that someon has some Jeremy Lawson news.

So... Aside from all the fighting, anyone have anynews on Lawson??

Yeah, my news is I love Jeremy, his momma Jackie and his fiance', so leave the guess work outta the forums and when things are ready to be talked about everyone will know. If not, we'll see in March 2010:D

extremeblastr
09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
for the record if he doesn't go back to privateer on a honda i personally would like to see jeremy riding orange next year

thumper492
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
I DIDNT MEAN TO START ALL THIS MESS THE PIONT IS THAT IM A BIG JEREMY LAWSON FAN AND I DONT CARE WHAT HE RIDES IF IT A HONDA,KAWI,SUZUKI CAN AM ,I STILL LIKE HIM HE IS A PROVEN RIDER AND HE IS GONNA BE FAST ON WHAT EVER HE RIDES THATS ALL I AM GONNA SAY GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR JEREMY SEE YOU AT THE RACES:D

madskrillz2
09-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Jesus! All this time, I thought I enjoyed arguing.

bsolomon918
09-02-2009, 10:57 AM
i heard he is moving to a honda becuase joe bird is going to the KTM factory team. and yes there is going to be a ktm factory quad racing team

hondarider110
09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
heres the RUMORS i heard. creamer's contract got terminated, chad quit kawi, and went to motoworks, dougs suzuki contract didnt get renewed, gibson is fully kawi. and natalie went from warnert to motoworks... just from what i heard as a RUMOR most of these could be false

RIDEREDson
09-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by hondarider110
heres the RUMORS i heard. creamer's contract got terminated, chad quit kawi, and went to motoworks, dougs suzuki contract didnt get renewed, gibson is fully kawi. and natalie went from warnert to motoworks... just from what i heard as a RUMOR most of these could be false

Wow....

BLU82
09-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Seriously, just stop. lol

quad2xtreme
09-07-2009, 07:25 PM

If you race for motoworks, what brand do you ride?

m0t0xk1d
09-07-2009, 07:39 PM

why would creamers contract get terminated if he was one of the top riders this year? same with weinen? why would he quit? makes no sense