PDA

View Full Version : Suspension tension adjustment

fwhite02
01-10-2003, 08:15 AM
This is really Suspension 101, but I can't find any rule for adjusting suspension tension based on the rider's weight. I am setting up a 2002 400ex stock for a 110lb. person. Can anyone advise on where to set my shocks? This bike is ridden by my son. He goes at it pretty hard at jumps MX.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-10-2003, 09:52 AM
To be honest, this is a trial and error type of thing, since we don't know what kind of jumping, riding, etc. you do its hard to say what setup you want...some trail ride and like it soft, some MX and have it stiff...if I were you I would just tinker with them a while until it feels best.

4TraxRider
01-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah, just experiment with it until you find a setting you like. If your suspension is still stock it is easy. If it bottoms out a lot the way you ride now, then go stiffer. If it doesn.t soften it up or leave it alone.

northeast400
01-10-2003, 06:11 PM
If your talking pre-load you want in the rear use 3.2 inches of sag in the rear and 2.8 inches in the front, this is a begining seting and go from there. Honda service told me this and it felt pretty good but everyone is different