PDA

View Full Version : Codys LL's pics

Pappy
08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
This surely aint even close to the best ones he got, but he worked hard and deserves some recognition. Yeah....he is my kid, but he works his hind end off for this sport and never asks for a thing. And just for putting up with the track folks who think he is just a kid trying to get on the track...stfu, he is putting out images that rival most in the industry and beating quite a few others at this game...for no pay!

He has been learning alot about photography while he travels with me, and has done alot sacrificing along the way. He has wanted to race a few events but between the lack of fundage to keep a machine under him and the pure and simple fact we needed him behind the camera or video unit...he has missed out on alot.

So as I work through some of his images, I will post a few for you all to enjoy.

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625685776_WW9Wi-XL.jpg

Pappy
08-20-2009, 06:44 PM
http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625695199_wKp3Q-XL.jpg

Pappy
08-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by mxcowboy
RECOGNIZED

but pappy dont ya think ya spoil him a bit? i worked my rearend of for a piece of junk warrior [ started at 13] raced the hell out of it got good and asked my dad for help on another bike, yeah i got a NO, so traded it to some idiot hahah for my yz144

Spoiled...no. He works in the shop and earns his keep, works around the house and works in the garden...also kills his share of meat for the freezer. Anyone that knows him...will gladlytell you he is far from spoiled.

I am sorry your dad couldnt do more for you, but I wont apologise for my families hard work and dedication just so anyone here can be labeled spoiled. And we are far ..very far from wealthy people.

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625703616_gRhcB-XL.jpg

Pappy
08-20-2009, 07:06 PM
http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625711379_xifXE-XL.jpg

Pappy
08-20-2009, 07:12 PM
http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625716921_MgGog-XL.jpg

Pappy
08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625723993_u43jw-XL.jpg

wvspeedfreak
08-20-2009, 07:26 PM
First off,great shots Cody!!Second,mxcowboy.....I met Pappy and his family about 5 years ago and have come to be very good friends with them.They are some of the nicest,most down to earth folks you will ever meet.
When Pappy says Cody works hard and earns what he gets,he is telling the truth.I have seen it first hand and Cody is one of the most well mannered,respectful and appreciative kids I have ever met.

Pappy
08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
He better be respectful, even at 16 he will get the belt if I hear otherwise:p

All for now....gotta go spoil the kids with some ME time:D

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625729403_n4ZtW-XL.jpg

matt14c
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
He did an awesome job on those last few of the kawi. The color just seems to pop alot more so than on the others! Especially the two where the rider is really leaning in the turn. Nice shots Cody! Pretty soon Pappy your just going to be a manager! :D

Pappy
08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Oh we are getting competitive haha. He b!tched the entire way home that I stuck him with a 50mm lens just to smoke him:p

He understands that by giving him that lens, he is forced to think alot more about his composition and where he has to stand to take the shot etc. He takes learnin' pretty well, he shot all of these in full manual...another step in his teachin'!

insaneracin2003
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice shots Code-Man!!! He is hot on yer tail Paps....better step yer game up....

Pappy
08-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
He is hot on yer tail Paps....better step yer game up....

I will just punish him and ban him from the track when that day comes LMAO!!!

I think i still have a slight edge:D

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625843399_BqA9z-XL.jpg

jesseweaver
08-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Spoiled...no. He works in the shop and earns his keep, works around the house and works in the garden...also kills his share of meat for the freezer. Anyone that knows him...will gladlytell you he is far from spoiled.

I am sorry your dad couldnt do more for you, but wont apologise for my families hard work and dedication just so anyone here can be labeled spoiled. And we are far ..very far from wealthy people.

keep in mind theres thousands of kids out there that deserve MUCH more than what they're given and work twice as hard as him and earn half as much.

make sure he doesn't take it for granted.

if i'm not mistaken he has a kfx450 and a kx250f? you gotta work pretty damn hard to earn that. handyman work and gardening isn't gonna earn you that to quick.

not trying to knock on you or him though (sorry if it seems like i am)... just food for thought :ermm:

shane071489
08-20-2009, 10:15 PM
this is none of my buisness but i dont see where it matters if he was or wasnt you know its papps son do how he pleases you know ive had a pretty easy life no complaints very greatful but ive loved to ride all my life all my family has had atvs (grandparents uncles) parents never would buy me one i got a go cart and a golf cart haha i had to get in a wreck and get a little money from it to buy my first quad got it when i was 15 or 16 bought a used 04 ltz 400 bought an new 08 ltr 450 in february and bought my gf a new 08 raptor 350 about 2 weeks ago ive been very grateful and ive made it myself and im only 20 im glad cody has an atv some out there arent allowed to have them whether it be given or work for it should be just about that he loves to ride

extremeblastr
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by shane071489
should just be about loving to ride

amen now could all you guys who ruined this thread with your "opinions" please delete your posts so the papster will throw up some more of cody's imagery cuz i sure don't care what he rides i just like lookin at the pics.

Pappy
08-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Last time I checked, this was America, and although we are all created equal, we dont usually stay that way. Everyone has a different set of lifes circumstances, some have more then others...but coveting what others have is a piss poor excuse for anything.

I shouldnt have to post his work load for the week and have it be "accepted" by anyone. He makes enough working for me part time, more then he would earn at McDonalds. He pays his fair share and it is my business what he buys or has. What others have or cant have isnt my problem, no one handed me **** in this world and I will be damned if I will make excuses about what we have earned.

shane071489
08-20-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah i agree not knocking anyone but i think it was kinda disrespectful to even say anything like half what was said keep the pics coming pappy i wanna see pics of cody riding and how the ltr is coming im trying to get mine done little by little

FHKracingZ
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I think some people are just jealous there parents suck! :macho

Pappy
08-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

I think the first poster posted thinking Thomas Brown and or Richard Pelchat was Cody riding, as there is nothing in my original post about Codys racing or what he is riding. Its typical for people to be jeaolus when they dont have much, but its bad taste to comment unless someone is bragging about what they have and are flaunting their wealth.

I am proud of what Cody has been accomplishing with the camera, even prouder when he read this thread, chuckled, said idiots, and went back to his homework. Oh yeah, he is an honor role student as well...might as well piss off those who cant hack it in school while i'm at it.

TRXman86
08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

I would fully agree with that.

I think PAPPY is really saying, his boy works with him and sounds like he foots a fair share of the bill on his own. Sure Pappy helps out, what loving father wouldn't? BUT, he also knows that if you hand everything over on a silver platter, he (Cody) won't learn anything about being "self reliant" for when he is on his own. Rather it be racing, or photography, Cody will one day be on his own and have to work thru the ranks like everyone else. Chad Weinen proved that theory when he became well known thru the WPSA series. ALWAYS a front runner (well for teh most part...) till he would have engine trouble on that Honda... cough cough LOL JK But what he did with getting his name out and putting up results, was all it took for a small town boy. Wish I had half his talent on a quad, or Cody's at photography for that matter! I'd be sittin pretty right now :D
-----------------
AWESOME SHOTS!!! Keep ridin and shootin for us! I know I enjoy it....

Your a good man pappy...

Pappy
08-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Thx TRXman86...and yes, he earns his keep in many ways and is being raised the way I see fit.

He even manages to find a way to get me in his shots...he says its my good side:ermm: :scary:

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625919322_pK8Ec-L.jpg

hypersnyper6947
08-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Sick pics, seems like a real great kid in all aspects.

jcmom
08-21-2009, 04:32 AM
Great pictures Cody. I especially like the ones of the kid on the Kawi! :)

Pappy
08-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by jcmom
Great pictures Cody. I especially like the ones of the kid on the Kawi! :)

Pm me your address and I will send you guys a cd of pics of Josh

KXRida
08-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I will just punish him and ban him from the track when that day comes LMAO!!!

I think i still have a slight edge:D

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625843399_BqA9z-XL.jpg

That guy on the ktm sx is one of my best buddy's Andy Civil's. :eek2:

Pappy glad to see the youngster is taking on the family business lol. I love all of your pics.

insaneracin2003
08-21-2009, 09:03 AM
some of these posts just make me laugh....crazy what people say that don't know jack....everyone knows what happens when you ASSUME ??
Paps, There is a huge handful of us that have been around long enough to know that Cody and Ryan do there fair share to get what they want, no need to explain. shoot, some of us oldies around here practically watched Cody and Ryan...and even you evolve here...so I feel that I am some sort of Parent to them :scary: .
Keep the pics coming!!!!

Pappy
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I'd reply more, but i dont think i could say anything that would make mxcowgirl look worse:scary:

08-21-2009, 08:36 PM
cody's pics are great paps!!and some of these guys(dont mean to be rude)are way outta line tellin u that ur spoilin cody.....i work my *** off for my 250ex,and im an A+ student also im hopin im like cody when im older lol:D :D :D and like wat mxcowboy said "if mom's not happy nobody's happy"thats partly true around here my mom wasnt ahppy at all when i was jumpin a 4ft high ramp with a 4ft gap and 3ft tall landin ramp and i was jumpin it wit my bike and my moms like"no quit ur gonna hurt urself"and my dads standin there beside me goin "make it bigger i bet u could clear a 5ft gap!"

08-21-2009, 08:37 PM
mxcowgirl x2

jcv400ex
08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
some of these posts just make me laugh....crazy what people say that don't know jack....everyone knows what happens when you ASSUME ??
Paps, There is a huge handful of us that have been around long enough to know that Cody and Ryan do there fair share to get what they want, no need to explain. shoot, some of us oldies around here practically watched Cody and Ryan...and even you evolve here...so I feel that I am some sort of Parent to them :scary: .
Keep the pics coming!!!!

+1

Pappy
08-21-2009, 08:53 PM
ummm...college is coming so all you parents, feel free to pitch in:blah:

08-21-2009, 09:04 PM
ummm...college is coming so all you parents, feel free to pitch in:blah: lol!i woundnt consider my self a parent cuz he's older then me

Pappy
08-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by billet250ex
lol!i woundnt consider my self a parent cuz he's older then me

The thought of your future spawn frightens me.

Pappy
08-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I think all the amatuer stuff uploaded from LL's

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/?preview=1

Nac's22
08-21-2009, 09:58 PM

LMFAO!

KXRida
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM
ummm...college is coming so all you parents, feel free to pitch in:blah:

haha I myself still owe $40K+.... yes the wonders of paying back student loans. :(

Pappy
08-21-2009, 11:28 PM
KXRida...we will soon face that as well

He loves the 250. He wants badly to race the bike in the gncc's, but he knows he needs more seat time. he can ride the bike all day and it needs nothing but normal servicing, he rides his quads for 2 hours and its $$$$ for repairs for crap he destroyed lol

klutch
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM

LMFAO :D

Pics look great!

BlaineKaiser450
08-22-2009, 01:03 AM
The thought of your future spawn frightens me. lmao im acctually cracking up right now lol

XCRacer236
08-22-2009, 07:23 AM

theres been some HILARIOUS things that have come from Pappy, but THAT takes the cake! god thats funny

woodsman250r
08-22-2009, 10:17 AM
RECOGNIZED

but pappy dont ya think ya spoil him a bit? i worked my rearend of for a piece of junk warrior [ started at 13] raced the hell out of it got good and asked my dad for help on another bike, yeah i got a NO, so traded it to some idiot hahah for my yz144

I don't personally know Pappy or Cody but I can tell this kid isn't spoiled. He works hard in the classroom, riding, working around the house and shows respect. Those actions deserve to be rewarded. Yea Cody might have nicer bikes to ride than a lot of people on here but it doesn't go unappreciated. Like Pappy said, I'm sorry your dad didn't help you out on another bike but thats life. Good thing you still have a roof over your head, food and your health. There are a lot of people out there who don't have that so quit complaining about your dad not buying you a new bike.

08-22-2009, 01:17 PM

I am sorry your dad couldnt do more for you, but I wont apologise for my families hard work and dedication just so anyone here can be labeled spoiled. And we are far ..very far from wealthy people.

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/photos/625703616_gRhcB-XL.jpg

calm down gramps you sure are getting a littlee to defensive; :huh :huh :huh

JRP
08-22-2009, 01:18 PM
hhaha o come on give it to me??? i guess its cool to be 50 and hang out on the computer on all of your free time?

If it wasnt for pappy and harlen, u wouldnt be here either.

08-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by JRP
If it wasnt for pappy and harlen, u wouldnt be here either.

thats fine :rolleyes:

08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
thats fine :rolleyes:

ummm he gets paid to be here...what about you...

08-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
ummm he gets paid to be here...what about you...

i waste time here :rolleyes: yall make me laugh ....

muddy400EX
08-22-2009, 02:01 PM
hhaha o come on give it to me??? i guess its cool to be 50 and hang out on the computer on all of your free time?

you are a

HOLE

JRP
08-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
you are a

HOLE

word:bandit:

08-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
you are a

HOLE

no:chinese:

vzmain61
08-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Keep up the good work Pappy.

Phugg
08-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Killer work Cody , Now just sneak in and get some of the girl riders for my daughter to up to.

Pappy your boy aint spoiled , mine is. I admit it too. At the same time , kid works his butt off , gets good grades , has an ambition/goal to go to Annapolis Naval Acadamy (at 15yrs old he has this goal). From the time I joined up here I could tell Pappy was stand up and I can only imagine the same of Cody. Damn both of you have serious talent behind a lense.

I wouldnt say your boy is spoiled at all , I would say DESERVING. (unlike mine , who is spoiled ~lol~)

TRXman86
08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
i waste time here :rolleyes: yall make me laugh ....

If it were my choice, I'd get rid of your worthless ***! No if's ands or BUTTS about it... GONE!!! Feel privileged that this site is here for you to waste OUR time and talk chit about a well deserving kid. Just STFU and find somewhere else to raise your BS... jerk

Phugg
08-22-2009, 04:05 PM
What he said above me !!!! I just went the other way , with fun and sarcasm.

631kfx400
08-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Bruce Willis is my favorite bedtime hero

TRXman86
08-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Phugg
What he said above me !!!! I just went the other way , with fun and sarcasm.

:rolleyes: :D HAHAHA Glad I'm not the only one to think that though, I was worried I'd look like a total cocksmack for it :eek2:

Pappy
08-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Momma said it takes all types, and she is usually correct:o

Just had a kick *** time with Tim McGraw, its hell being old and not needed:devil:

RIDEREDson
08-22-2009, 06:41 PM
All you people crying about not being spiled. Just drink Efusjon and you'll make some moolah and can be "spoiled".

wolfpack91
08-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Pappy, you and Cody take the most perfect pictures I have ever seen. I can't wait to see your pics after Gncc's and the mx nats. It's like being right there at the track, only a lot cheaper!

Keep up the good work you two.

Pappy
08-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks, but if my wife agrees to the offer I made her and miss Kentucky, I might be MIA for awhile:devil:

Yes, it was a fun evening here in Kentucky.

:D

TRXman86
08-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks, but if my wife agrees to the offer I made her and miss Kentucky, I might be MIA for awhile:devil:

Yes, it was a fun evening here in Kentucky.

:D

O HE!! NO!!! You better have that cam with ya for sure then... wait... is it dinner and a show, or just dinner ROFLMAO

madskrillz2
08-22-2009, 07:45 PM
no:chinese:

You're just sour you don't have the coolest parents in the world.

TRXman86
08-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
You're just sour you don't have the coolest parents in the world.

It really is funny you say that, I was talkin to my pops a while ago and we were talking about how hard it is to race every weekend, keep the quad fresh, fix it, etc... He has helped me out SO much, I would have missed tons of races. He has done everything from foot an entire weekend, to send me $100, $50, or any other amount and tell me to get new goggles, gloves, pants, or whatever I need. He's my #1 sponsor and it tickles me chitless that he does it. I'm no 12, 15, 18 year old either, I'm 29 and he still does it. He's my backbone right now... All he asks is that I give %110 every lap and never quit (unless flats come in to play then I'm just monkey nuts all over the track LMFAO).

Point is, it really sounds like PAPPY is also more of a sponsor on the track, and dad off the track. I could be wrong though, maybe he just has tough love :p

Pappy
08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm a hardass, but I never get mad at him if he fails or does bad, because for us, this sport is about fun and being together as a family. I never worry much because he always does his best so i cant ask for more then that.

We showed up to do a photoshoot for a magazine a while back. Cody started gearing up and when the owner of the magazine saw he was in stained race gear, he gave him 2 new sets so he would have nice stuff. if i could have afforded new gear he would have had it, but as i've stated, we arent loaded, no where near it.

Cody gets to do alot of stuff because of what i do for a living, and for what he can do on a quad. he is one of the best riders for shoots we have ever had.....and now that he is 16 he can do more for us and he will be rewarded. Although most of this is made possible by my position in the industry, he wouldnt get the nod for riding test quads and such if it wasnt for his ability (i dont make the call on what rider we use, but as he gets older he is getting the nod to ride for us and more and more often)

So yes, i take the entire spoiled **** seriously. There will always be jealous people, there will always be people who complain or ***** no matter how much you do the right thing. Ive learned to let it roll or when possible, or show that person how wrong they are so they can see its their issue with themselves and not really an issue with us.

I love my kids, but we would still be who we are even if we lived in a cardboard box and had nothing, i've made sure of that by teaching them values.....and in return they have taught me much more.

Sorry this got all off topic, but i'm not letting a squib trash me over something he has absolutley zero knowledge of.

madskrillz2
08-22-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I wish I had the opportunities Cody has had. But you don't see me on here *****in about it. My parents might not support me like I would want, but that's no reason to cry about it on some forum because another kid does. I was just always into "ball sports" and I guess my parents always took riding as a hobby more than anything. Still doesn't bother me though. I'm having fun just the way it is.

insaneracin2003
08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
crap on all this spoiled stuff....i want more pics of Ms. Kentucky:devil:

Nac's22
08-23-2009, 06:19 PM
crap on all this spoiled stuff....i want more pics of Ms. Kentucky:devil:

X2!

Phugg
08-24-2009, 11:24 AM
MS KY ......... hmmmmmmm