PDA

View Full Version : Darwin at its finest

Cr85rRida
08-20-2009, 04:22 PM
A buddy passed this along to me...

whoever has a Break.com membership and wants to use it to make some $$$ feel free as im sure it would make one of their galleries. enjoy!

Its a little hard to read if someone wants to write down whats being said thats cool too

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/Cr85rRida/FAIL.jpg

yellowzo3
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM
lmfao it happens more than you'd think though. And yeah at least at every gas station ive been to they have the diesel pumps no where near the regular gas lol. I've also heard the diesel nozzle doesn't even fit in a regular gas tank.

TWISTED
08-20-2009, 05:40 PM
That's friggin scary..... Just think, this person drives on a public highway too....................

08-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Yea around here the diesel nozzles dont fit in the regular fitting...not that ive accidentally tried it before haha

honda400ex2003
08-20-2009, 07:12 PM
WOW the general public is pretty stupid!! they are different sizes too as stated. lol, funny stuff though. steve

madskrillz2
08-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Unfortunately I know someone who did that too. Yes it was also a girl. :D

smr
08-21-2009, 05:35 AM
it does happen a lot.

bill should have been no where near that much..she got screwed. All they have to do is drain the desiel and change the filters. Desiel want hurt the engine because it want run, usually it stops up the fuel filter before it even gets to the injectures.

416exfreak
08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by smr
it does happen a lot.

bill should have been no where near that much..she got screwed. All they have to do is drain the desiel and change the filters. Desiel want hurt the engine because it want run, usually it stops up the fuel filter before it even gets to the injectures.

In some cases. In some cases, dropping and draining the tank also involves a new fuel pump, filters, and cleaning the injectors.

Then a new set of plugs, clear the cylinders... it could easily reach 1000 dollars, depending on the vehicle she was driving.

A Ford contour would be cheap, but an E46 M3 would be a different story. Not that im saying she was driving either of those vehicles.:)

F-16Guy
08-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Diesel in a gas car isn't really a big deal, but gas in a diesel gets expensive in a hurry! It should have been a matter of just draining the tank and maybe changing the fuel filter. A fresh tank of gas would dilute any remaining diesel to the point that it wouldn't make a difference.

8my_Cash
08-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Diesel in a gas car isn't really a big deal, but gas in a diesel gets expensive in a hurry! It should have been a matter of just draining the tank and maybe changing the fuel filter. A fresh tank of gas would dilute any remaining diesel to the point that it wouldn't make a difference.

true but....the injectors would be EFFED and the cylinders would need to be evacuated.

Here in NJ they pump gas for you and someone i knew with a brand new 08 m3 went into the store to get coffee said fill it up regular, and the gas attendant put diesel in the motor. 5 miles down the road motor locked up. Cost that gas station $7500.

I love dumb people

Bill Fuller
08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Did it myself to my wifes Mazda about 10 years ago. The nozzle didn't fit, but I thought it was because it was a foriegn car (our first) Pumped 10 bucks in and went inside to pay (old country gas station) Went back outside and started it and made it 10 feet then it died. Cost about 350 bucks and I still hear about it:rolleyes: Chit happens