PDA

View Full Version : steering stem bars and grips

shane071489
08-20-2009, 10:08 AM
im looking at a lonestar +1 or +2 steering stem not sure which one yet comes with a anti vib clamp not sure on which kind handlebars i want or the bend really like TAGs stuff i love how my suzukis bars are now so anything close to that bend and whats some real good grips out there?

dehner47
08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
sounds gay but how tall are you? you have long arms and legs?

that can help on which +size stem to get.i'm only 5' 10" and i run a standard size stem. but i run cr high bend rethal fat bars. the cr high will give you a few extra mm of height. or you can go with a quad style bar. they usually have a high bend like a set of stock bars.

and as for grips, i run pro taper pillow top grips. they are dirtbike grips so you gotta buy 2 sets unless your running twist throttle. i prefer soft style grips cause my hands get a bloody mess if i run hard compound grips. bu the issue with soft grips is you will tear em up real fast. i have about 5 rides on my pillow tops and already need to be replace. the harder the compound the longer they will last.

shane071489
08-20-2009, 10:31 AM
im 5'10 average arms and legs the ltr 450 just seems like im slouched over when im standing up riding so iono yeah i love the stock grips they hold up good i ride with gloves i cant deal without my gloves ha eats mine up to

dehner47
08-20-2009, 10:37 AM
you can always go and by new bars. cr high bend if my decision. n probably most on here. but try the bars. if that dont help then go with some risers. if you need more go with a +1 stem. being 5'10" +2 might be to much. i'm built just like you and i have tested dif size stems and bars over the years n standard to +1 works best for me with cr high bars.

plus, doing it that way will save you cash. or enough time to save up cash for new stem if def need be.

m0t0xk1d
08-20-2009, 10:41 AM
im 5'8" and i run a standard stem with two inche risers and atv high bent pro tapers with pro taper pillow tops. its all prefernce EDIT thats on my 300 on my preddy i have just a one inch riser block and that works just fine

hondariderdylan
08-20-2009, 10:45 AM
im not much help on bars or stems but take a look at ODI grips
they are amazing

shane071489
08-20-2009, 12:19 PM
yeah see the thing is i love how its set up now i really dont even wanna change anything but it seems like it slouches me over into by rider posture haha and makes my upper back hurt...any solutions

kdawgwoody
09-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Check out Zbroz, They have +1 and +2 stems, I would go with a +2, get you up where you feel comfortable and can ride better. They also have bar clamps, normal and oversize, both including the anti-vibe cones. Stems are chromolly and tough suckers. Its a good way to go. :macho