PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know About Baldwin Motors?

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 06:52 AM
I've got my eye on one that's fully built and I'm almost sure I'm gonna get it but I wanted to hear what folks think about their engine building expertise.

mxracer111
01-10-2003, 07:23 AM
ask Tim Farr

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 07:35 AM
Sure thing... How do I contact him? So Baldwin builds Tims motors?

ill_lil_romey
01-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Asking about Baldwin Motorsports' Motor building expertise is like asking do fish swim:huh

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 08:25 AM
Really? Pardon my ignorance but I don't keep up with the race scene. I'm just a guy that's tired of getting his arse handed to him and so I'm willing to put up the dough to be "The Man" in my neck of the woods. I hope this motor is indicative of the reputation that Baldwin apperently has...

ill_lil_romey
01-10-2003, 08:30 AM
REally though, he builds good motors, but for a four stroke I would look into sparks or tc, or maybe four stroke tech.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Baldwin Motorsports has an excellant reputation...

crashinmatt
01-10-2003, 12:32 PM
i hear their 440 stroker motors r hard to beat.

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Well, well,well... I wasn't expecting this much of a response. I guess it's safe to buy the motor then.... Check this out: My friends are all buying Z400's and ZFX400's while telling me on the phone "You're gonna be in the back with that dinosaur" and "We're gonna make you go out and buy something new". It's gotten to the point where I'm gonna give 'em the finger as I blow their ***kin' doors off one by one until they all learn to respect me! The particular Baldwin motor that I'm getting is supposed to be off the meat rack when it comes to HP. I'm gonna get it and go straight to the dyno then post it here.

Doibugu2
01-10-2003, 01:45 PM
That may be true that they are eating your dust, but aren't you spending $2k to be in the front of the line?

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Yes Doibugu2... Proudly. This way, I can beat them with the same lethargic, old 400 EX that they whipped up on for a month now. I can see it now... At the end of the 1/4 mile strip I get to say to them: "Well look at this... All those bike payments and you still can't beat this old dinosaur!" and "I kicked the livin' sh#t out of you maggots, now who else wants some?"

UglyMotha™
01-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Maryland 400EX
Yes Doibugu2... Proudly. This way, I can beat them with the same lethargic, old 400 EX that they whipped up on for a month now. I can see it now... At the end of the 1/4 mile strip I get to say to them: "Well look at this... All those bike payments and you still can't beat this old dinosaur!" and "I kicked the livin' sh#t out of you maggots, now who else wants some?"

ya but now you can only hope that they never go out and do the same to there's cause if they do the same mods as you they will stomp your *** and will be waiting for you next run down the track so they can give you the finger:eek:

Dave400ex
01-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Instead of buying the motor why don't you have Baldwin put the same kit that motor has in your motor now? Does it have Clutch work?

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Uglymotha, they're starting off in the wrong direction already with some of the pipes they're using. But if they wind up spending the kind of loot that I am they deserve to beat me... One thing for sure is that I'm going to raise the ante real quick...By the way, do you have a problem with me? I've noticed that from time to time you reply to my posts with statements that contain negativity. What's up? Warriorman, yes, the motor I'm buying has a Hinson Clutch setup. I would do my motor but to h#ll with downtime, plus this motor has just one race on it. It has 440 11.8:1 Wiseco Piston, Sparks cam, ported head, hardened rockers, heavy duty cam chain, Carillo rod, Hinson Basket and probably someting else Mark Baldwin told me. I'm really looking forward to the trip to Cleveland.

Doibugu2
01-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Maryland,

Clearly you need a riding buddy. You support me, and I will make sure you have the cleanest quad out there. I can drive to Cleveland to pick up your engine and do these little errands for you.

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Ha ha! Doibugu2, I must admit that good friends are easy to find when you've got a few dead presidents in your pocket... I like that post.

Dave400ex
01-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Well let us know now the motor works out. What you going to do with your other one? You should have that one done to a 465 or bigger. lol

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 06:19 PM
I don't have any plans for the other motor. The stroker motors may not be reliable enough for my taste. I want longevity if I spend big bucks on a motor.

2 QuicK
01-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Hey Maryland, I thought You sent your engine to B&B or something? What happened to that...

Maryland 400EX
01-10-2003, 11:05 PM
I thought I was headed to B&B when someone directed me to this Baldwin motor that was already built and had less than 2 hours on it. I was like H#ll yea! No down time... So that's the story.

UglyMotha™
01-10-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Maryland 400EX
By the way, do you have a problem with me? I've noticed that from time to time you reply to my posts with statements that contain negativity. What's up?

:huh :huh well um..., i'm pretty sure this it the first time i have ever replied to any of you posts and my post contained no negativity, just the facts