PDA

View Full Version : magura clutch

rafitz74
08-19-2009, 11:56 PM
ok. in neatral clutchpulled all way in. I drop into first and the quad is moving forward with the clutch still held in. any ideas?

sheriff525
08-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Maybe It needs bleeding?

rafitz74
08-24-2009, 11:39 PM
tried that. Didnt help. tHANKS FOR THE SUGGETION.

coalrat
08-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Is this on an ktm engine outlaw? They do make magura levers for other bikes too.

GOT the right oil in it? sounds like your plates are sticking from the clutch boss being notched, and not letting the plates release.

Does the pull feel like its right?

IF all else is ok, pull the small cover off the primary side and take a look at what is going on.

ANYONE, are there any adjustments on these, or are they like a hydro clutch on a car?

sleddog66
08-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Is this thing litterly rolling away, or just a little lurch? They do lurch/jump a bit when you put them in gear. I'm sure the wheels would roll a bit if it was lifted off the ground. If it is rolling away, I would guess a problem with the slave cylinder. I have heard of a couple of people with that, but they were loosing fluid.

rafitz74
08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
yes it is moving. itd not just the initial lunge. yes iit does have the KTM engine. not a lot of people have experience with these. so posting to get an idea of what to do. I do have magura mineral oil in it.