PDA

View Full Version : Tach Speed Question

marineco
08-19-2009, 11:31 PM
I just got a trail tech vapor unit, and am wondering what should i set the rev lights at? i have seen many mentions of a rev limiter.. does that keep the engine from going into a redline? or do i need to set this ting so i know i am about to over rev?

08-20-2009, 07:22 AM
when i had the vapor, i didn't even bother setting the rev lights...you almost have to be looking at the unit instead of where you are going...i ran it for a year and i don't think i ever saw the lights on except for when i installed it to see if they worked...lol

katch26
08-20-2009, 12:26 PM
the vapor doesnt have anything to do with how the motor actually works.

Snipe
08-20-2009, 02:11 PM
No but it has a rev light just like a tac in a race car that lights up to tell you when to shift. Honestly I wouldnt know what RPM to set it at it would be a personall preference I would say. Ride it and keep adjusting to where you normally shift by ear. That way it will light up but like said sometimes I wind mine out a bit before shifting.

bergoff
08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
i had one on my crf450 and just watched the tach till the rev limiter hit then set it 500 below. i couldn't see the light except when it was getting dark. i really liked the temp warning lights that was the main reason that i bought it. cause i rode in the woods alot and was afraid of overheating it. i only seen the light once for the temp when we were riding hard for 2 hrs that feature was good cause i lost half of my coolant.