PDA

View Full Version : stock swing/dc-6 link vs JB, walsh ect

MX450
08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey just wanted to get some info, Im lookin into putting an 08 swinger with a lsr link on my bike, but was wondering how this setup compares to like a JB rearend or walsh or something else, are the other ones worth the extra money??

BlaineKaiser450
08-19-2009, 07:27 PM
i have an 06 swinger with a LSR link and its AMAZING

Butter
08-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I'll be able to tell you in a few weeks, I'm putting an '07 swinger with DC6 link with an Axis shock on my practice bike. And I run the JB Superlink setup with an Axis shock on my race bike. Judging from other bikes I've rode, the link with the aftermarket swinger seems to be the ultimate setup. But just like the Long Travel vs. Standard Travel debate, I believe with the right setup, it can be made to work well enough for some people.

Simon MX49
08-19-2009, 11:06 PM
I have a friend who just did some testing of the Lonestar DC6 link he was running and the JB link Im running.

According to him there are similar numbers and curves in the top of the travel, but in the bottom of the travel the JB has a smooth lot smoother progression ratio while the JB has a spike in it which could cause it to buck. I never saw the numbers myself, but this is exactly what he had to say