PDA

View Full Version : UPS sucks!

Saul76
08-19-2009, 03:21 PM
UPS lost my freaking Clarke Desert tank & after tomorrow they 'stop' looking.

What a bunch of idiots.

Sorry, had to vent. :mad:

250xfreak
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
same here dude, UPS damaged my package over two weeks ago, still waiting for them to get the claim finalized.

Honda 250r 001
08-19-2009, 03:33 PM
ya man screw ups, i try to use fed ex when ever possible, SUPER fast and has always worked good for me.

86 Quad R
08-19-2009, 03:45 PM
i learnt a long time ago......

usps or fedex here. :cool:

88redrocket
08-19-2009, 03:50 PM
read this thread it may help you in some way

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=406542

kouki
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Really? Everyone is having problems with UPS? I've never had problems with them, seems like everytime I have something come FedEx is when I have problems. I guess everyone has a bad day though.

rockingkfarms
08-19-2009, 07:47 PM
I've been shipping USPS. Prices and service seem to be better.

Saul76
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I just picture that nice Black 4.0 gallon tank sitting in a warehouse somewhere instead of on my bike - and it makes me sad and angry. :( & :mad:

danhung11
08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
I'll share my UPS story once I see the check. I bought a motor off here and my check was dated 5/28/2009. The motor is still sitting on one of my work benches. I did speak to the shipper and they received a check from UPS for the parts, labor, and shipping, on Tuesday. Bottom line is...I will believe it when I see it. I already have all my ducks in line to go with Better Business Bureau.

A lesson I learned with shipping with UPS is, take it to a UPS Store instead of a 3rd Party Shipper. Only reason is, you have to get the 3rd party to act in the buyer/shippers best interest. Needless to say, it's about as difficult as moving earth with toothpicks.

If it all works out they way it's supposed to, I will end up with a CT330R with a bunch of extras and about $60 more than what I paid. It's suppose to cover shipping.

This thing is going to Arlan for overhaul and new center cases. :D

I agree, either USPS or FedEx is the route to go. You can't beat the pricing on USPS flat rate boxes. I just don't like filling out the form for FedEx ground. :ermm: Seems like it could be a bit more automated...

250r grave yard
08-19-2009, 11:01 PM
could be worse you could have a gay simese twin and your the only one with a a**hole

fedex stole a $2700 hundred dollar check for my motor and wasnt the first time it happened to the guy receiving the cash

Honda5
08-20-2009, 04:10 AM
I like UPS I never have a problem but you have tio have it boxed good and if it is even 1 day late even on ground shipping it is free. I ship alot and it is never late. I get some things shipped to me that look like they they have been beeten up bad but thats because someone didn't pack them correctly or got cheap on the tape. and get the insurance I don't ship anything valueable USPS because it's hard to get your $ back.

Ruf Racing
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Saul76
I just picture that nice Black 4.0 gallon tank sitting in a warehouse somewhere instead of on my bike - and it makes me sad and angry. :( & :mad:

Or it's sitting on some UPS drivers quad. lol!

86 Quad R
08-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing

thats just mean.... :p

Saul76
08-20-2009, 07:54 AM

Duuuuuude. :(

IcutMetl
08-20-2009, 09:53 AM
I have the exact opposite experience...I find it easiest to ship, receive, and track packages with UPS. USPS is cheap and easy...but it's still snail mail. UPS is where it's at for me.

zedicus00
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
USPS breaks or damages or steals anything that they don't loose for at least 3 weeks. ive lost more money to the USPS then the others combined.

FEDEX is expensive and their hours make it almost impossible to pick something up if they missed you when they tried to deliver it.

UPS considering the amount of stuff i have shipped, has never lost anything. the few times something has been damaged they have paid for it. it does take a while but they do make it right.

now, when it comes to getting the money, do not have the shipper do it. also avoid third party shippers, i dont even use the UPS stores. i go right to the actual UPS warehouse here.

Ruf Racing
08-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Saul76
Duuuuuude. :(

Sorry, I was trying to make you laugh. It was insured, I hope?
You will eventually get it. Good luck.

Saul76
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry, I was trying to make you laugh. It was insured, I hope?

Shipper listed it as a 'gift' and 'low value' as per MY request. DOH!

(did that so canadian customs would hit me with large import fee's - argh)

You will eventually get it. Good luck.

I doubt it very much - but thanks for the kind words.

zedicus00
08-20-2009, 10:57 AM
you can have it set to a gift and have a low value marked on the paperwork and still tack on a couple hundred worth of insurance through UPS. customs cannot see you shipping info inside of UPS so they will never see the 200$ insurance.

Honda 250r 001
08-20-2009, 03:01 PM
hey man look at this way, you got a free main shaft and gear, but you lost your tank.

you win some you loose some i guess...

I am actually betting it will arrive in the next week sometime.

1promodfan
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
I have a UPS account and I package all my stuff myself.....(I get the boxes etc. at work LOL)....and I've never had a problem......except one time I went to the UPS store and had them to package up some items for me. For $90 I might add!!!

Well the guy spent $1000 with me and got the stuff a banged up. Long story short, UPS is NOT part of the UPS store. So they didn't cover anything. It made me look bad as a seller.:grr:

danhung11
08-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Long story short, UPS is NOT part of the UPS store.

Please explain yourself here. :ermm:

1promodfan
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Please explain yourself here. :ermm:

UPS does NOT own the UPS Stores. They are a privatly owned business.......franchise. Believe me, I got the run-around when I tried to get this guy compensated. UPS store told me I should have let them package up the items. I said "I DID" and the one time I did, you guys screwed up and didn't fit the problem. As far as UPS, they were helpful........they just couldn't help me here b/c it was packaged by the UPS Store.

A little hint: If you're selling something that is valueable, REQUIRE the buyer to get insurance!!;)

danhung11
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
UPS does NOT own the UPS Stores. They are a privatly owned business.......franchise.

I don't mean to start a pissing war, only wanted to bring something to your attention. I understand UPS does not "own" the UPS store. The store owner pays UPS lets say X amount of money to operate, down payment plus monthly sales or whatever the terms are. If the corporation does not feel the privately owned store is up to par OR giving the the corp. a bad image - the corp CAN pull their franchise tag. So essentially, yes they have a lot to do with the franchise and no...they do not own it. I did never say that. Please re-read the post.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/franchise

Saul76 - good luck with this! Are you overseas? or Canada? Do you think the hint of fuel smell was the issue?

destey
08-22-2009, 05:12 AM
UPS delivered my firearm barrel to the business down the road even though signature required. The reason the driver gave was he was just too busy to make the trip up our driveway (1/2 mile long).

UPS corporate was dragged into involvement.

danhung11
08-22-2009, 05:28 AM
I was surprised to see a check in my mailbox when I came home this weekend. ;)

The pain and suffering through all this paperwork and phone calls is now worth it. :D

Now a happy camper! UPS agreed to pay for parts, labor, and shipping, for my damaged cases.

Saul76
08-22-2009, 06:19 AM

Saul76 - good luck with this! Are you overseas? or Canada? Do you think the hint of fuel smell was the issue?

Canada. I don't know what the issue was/is - but - they still can't 'find' it and I think they've given up looking. :(

1promodfan
08-22-2009, 09:30 AM
I don't mean to start a pissing war, only wanted to bring something to your attention. I understand UPS does not "own" the UPS store. The store owner pays UPS lets say X amount of money to operate, down payment plus monthly sales or whatever the terms are. If the corporation does not feel the privately owned store is up to par OR giving the the corp. a bad image - the corp CAN pull their franchise tag. So essentially, yes they have a lot to do with the franchise and no...they do not own it. I did never say that. Please re-read the post.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/franchise

Dan, not to disagree with you again, but......and I quote.....the "UPS Store is NOT owned or operate under the same "umbrealla" that UPS does". Believe me, I've been back and forth with both UPS and UPS Store. Neither one wanted to take responsibility!! And I believe that whoever I talked to, knows more than anyone up here on the subject!!!! Please read down below!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know-it-all

danhung11
08-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Dan, not to disagree with you again, but......and I quote.....the "UPS Store is NOT owned or operate under the same "umbrealla" that UPS does". Believe me, I've been back and forth with both UPS and UPS Store. Neither one wanted to take responsibility!! And I believe that whoever I talked to, knows more than anyone up here on the subject!!!! Please read down below!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know-it-all

I am speaking from recent first hand experience with a 3rd party shipper, buying a used motor. Also, My brother was awarded two claims while shipping with the UPS store. One used parts and the other package being new purchased from a business.

I don't mean to sound like a know it all, but feel I am very educated with two college degrees and nine years white collar work experience with the government.

PS - try not using the "!" so much, it sounds like you are screaming. ;)

1promodfan
08-22-2009, 10:27 AM
I am speaking from recent first hand experience with a 3rd party shipper, buying a used motor. Also, My brother was awarded two claims while shipping with the UPS store. One used parts and the other package being new purchased from a business.

I don't mean to sound like a know it all, but feel I am very educated with two college degrees and nine years white collar work experience with the government.

PS - try not using the "!" so much, it sounds like you are screaming. ;)

I'm speaking from 1st hand experience. I just had some bad luck with the UPS Store...........not UPS. Also, I work for the government too.........so that don't mean jack.;)