PDA

View Full Version : Nationals

JParisi48
08-19-2009, 12:17 PM
This was an awesome year in the pro class, a lot of great action, post up your top 5 for next seasons overall, heres mine

Creamer
Wimmer
Weinen
Natalie
Byrd

dehner47
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
i agree with the top 4. but i'm gonna throw a dark horse up in the mix though. lets hope for his sake i'm right:D

1 wimmer
2 weinen
3 bryd
4 natalie
5 gibson ( my dark horse)

extremeblastr
08-19-2009, 01:45 PM
dehners list looks identical to mine:cool: i'm expecting big things out of gibson, hes got the speed now its just a matter of maturity and patience. which if he hasn't got by the beginning of next season he will gain as the season goes on. i believe he'll be a regular front runner next year and competing for a championship the year after. plus he rides a kawi:D

JParisi48
08-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
i agree with the top 4. but i'm gonna throw a dark horse up in the mix though. lets hope for his sake i'm right:D

1 wimmer
2 weinen
3 bryd
4 natalie
5 gibson ( my dark horse)

i would love to see gibson run out front his first year in the pro class! next season should be amazing

eastcoastpro20
08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
weinen
wimmer
creamer
natalie
byrd

dehner47
08-20-2009, 10:39 AM
does anyone know top 10 in overall points from this season?? post up if someone has them pretty please:D interested in where they all finished up this year.

motohanks
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
does anyone know top 10 in overall points from this season?? post up if someone has them pretty please:D interested in where they all finished up this year.

Wimmer
Byrd
Wienen
Gust
Creamer
Upperman
Natalie
Lawson
Miller
T Brown
http://escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2009/seriespoints.asp?s=1&c=139&r=pos

dehner47
08-20-2009, 11:24 AM
thank you sir. another rider we shouldnt count out is josh upperman. he been stepping his game up since he came on the scene.

Pappy
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
thank you sir. another rider we shouldnt count out is josh upperman. he been stepping his game up since he came on the scene.

Once Upperman can get the endurance down, he will be a contender of this I have no doubt!

dehner47
08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
totally agree pap. that monster baldwin motor gets him up from all the time but by mid race, he seems to fades mid pack. hope he gets something figured out. always nice to see new faces up on the box.

laeger2fiddyr
08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
WIENEN!!! I bet he started training monday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastredrider44
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
I think I will hold my predictions til I figure out what machines and teams everyone is on. Actually, I'm still in awe that Kawasaki is doing so well in mx. XC, that's another story....

TrapZ400
08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by laeger2fiddyr
WIENEN!!! I bet he started training monday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know it! Wienen is going to be on a mission next year for sure!

mxpimp2000
08-20-2009, 06:07 PM
1.wienen
2.creamer
3.wimmer
4.gust
5.byrd

elementryder
08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
my prediction is that we will see natalie on a different quad fir the 2010 season

1.wienen - hes just a beast and deffiantly deserves a title
2.natalie
3.wimmer
4. creamer
5. upperman

elementryder
08-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Upperman
Byrd
Gust
Creamer
Natalie
Gibson

this is rediculous, gust is retiring! and your putting gibson and byrd in the top 5 and no wienen? obviously you havent wached many races

250r rider 88
08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by elementryder
[B]my prediction is that we will see natalie on a different quad fir the 2010 season

i sure as heck hope so i've said it before and ill say it again, pros can win on anything but some are more comfortable on certain brands

key examples: Natalie when he was on a Honda he was the man, Yamaha and Can-Am not as much

same with Wienen he was good on the Honda and decent on his Kawi but put his Zuki on a rail all the time and should have won the WPSA championship the last year it was ran had he not had mech. issues and injuries

i know i will get flamed for this way of thinking but it is just how i feel,

i would love to see Natalie back on a Honda for 2010 built similar to his WPSA winning bike but with the updated technology=Championship

extremeblastr
08-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
[QUOTE]Originally posted by elementryder
[B]my prediction is that we will see natalie on a different quad fir the 2010 season

i sure as heck hope so i've said it before and ill say it again, pros can win on anything but some are more comfortable on certain brands

key examples: Natalie when he was on a Honda he was the man, Yamaha and Can-Am not as much

same with Wienen he was good on the Honda and decent on his Kawi but put his Zuki on a rail all the time and should have won the WPSA championship the last year it was ran had he not had mech. issues and injuries

i know i will get flamed for this way of thinking but it is just how i feel,

i would love to see Natalie back on a Honda for 2010 built similar to his WPSA winning bike but with the updated technology=Championship

comfort builds confidence and confidence is one of the most important things to have in the pro class or at any level of any kind of racing so there are no flaws in your thinking my friend..

KOG
08-21-2009, 08:39 AM
wimmer ( 3 peat )
wienen
byrd
creamer/ natalie ( toss up)
upperman

250r rider 88
08-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
comfort builds confidence and confidence is one of the most important things to have in the pro class or at any level of any kind of racing so there are no flaws in your thinking my friend..

i agree another example" Tony Stewart won the championship in a chevy, did great in a chevy for may years, went to toyota not so great, now back in a chevy and in the hunt for the championship last time i checked

madskrillz2
08-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm gonna have to say Upperman will have it in the bag if he gets his endurance down. I've been saying that the past two years but he still hasn't done it. Hopefully he'll get it down this year. My other choices would have to be either Wienen or Creamer.

elementryder
08-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I haven't seen anywhere that gust is officially retiring and I have watched enough races to know that gibson is an amazing rider and he can compete and byrd is outfront most of the time. Wienen does not impress me like stated before. He never pulled away like wimmer or creamer can and he cries about everything.

wienen pulls away more than anyone, wimmer also pulls away, those are the only two ive ever seen gain the lead and pull away, at lorettas second moto wienen got a mid pack start worked around, byrd, natalie, wimmer creamer and the others, just to let them sit

and yes ive heard rumours of natalie switching back to honda, but i dont have any solid info, just rumors but from good sorces

and too what honda rider 88 said, i belive pros can win on all the quads, except can-ams and it seems like the yamahas are lacking in areas

extremeblastr
08-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
except can-ams and it seems like the yamahas are lacking in areas

i've heard a lot of good things about the can-ams from their riders but they just can't get power and get it to stay together. as for the yami, it just doesn't seem to have the motor. everyone i've ever known thats owned a yamaha loves the overall feel of the bike except they all say it lacks in the power department.

red rider88
08-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Dommel no yam bashing ! Haha weinen Is going to be the man to beat next year for sure. After that second moto at LL I'm convinced. He's had bad luck all year. As far as Gibson first moto he got a flat tire. But second moto he was running good and half way he pulls off cause he couldn't hang On anymore. He's used to running his own pace for 20 min not someone elses. He has alot of maturing to do first then he will be the new kid to beat in years to come.

mxpimp2000
08-21-2009, 04:29 PM
he cries about everything.

your talkin about byrd i assume because i havent seen wienen cry bout any thing

KOG
08-21-2009, 04:52 PM
What no one thinks wimmer can take it again next year i mean he is the man to beat he has proven that 2 yrs in a row.

madskrillz2
08-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Wienen just needs to work on holeshots all winter.

JIM GRACE
08-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by KOG
What no one thinks wimmer can take it again next year i mean he is the man to beat he has proven that 2 yrs in a row.

x2 he Is dialed in

FHKracingZ
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by red rider88
Dommel no yam bashing ! Haha weinen Is going to be the man to beat next year for sure. After that second moto at LL I'm convinced. He's had bad luck all year. As far as Gibson first moto he got a flat tire. But second moto he was running good and half way he pulls off cause he couldn't hang On anymore. He's used to running his own pace for 20 min not someone elses. He has alot of maturing to do first then he will be the new kid to beat in years to come.

gibson pulled off due to his bike pre-detonating.

And to the guy who said chad is a cryer? Are you serious dude? Chad never complains, he just works hard. If anybody is a crier its wimmer. He was crying in 07 when chad was dominating, crying about chads motor being faster.

extremeblastr
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
yeahhhh no offense to wimmer but to be as dominant as he has been they've just got that bike so dialed in its crazy, the other 4 riders in the top5 for points this season are not any less in shape or less capable riders dustin's bikes have just been perfect. props to wimmer for riding it to the wins, but all my respect goes to the suzuki team because i think they're the real reason he was on top.

extremeblastr
08-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by red rider88
. But second moto he was running good and half way he pulls off cause he couldn't hang On anymore. He's used to running his own pace for 20 min not someone elses. He has alot of maturing to do first then he will be the new kid to beat in years to come.

are you crazy? he wasn't even riding as fast as he usually does.... it was stated right in the coverage he had mechanical issues second monto.

red rider88
08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
I was standing their when he said he couldn't hang on anymore

bsolomon918
09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
why is everyone counting cody miller out of the points race? the kids got potential and he gets better every single race get that kid on a kawi he would beast it up.