PDA

View Full Version : quadsport z50 mods

basebill
08-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Hello all...I'm sure this all has been covered before, but I have been searching for awhile and I am kinda confused.

first of all, I am working on a friends late model 4-stroke Suzuki Quadsport z50 that he let sit too long and gunked up the carb. I cleaned the carb and air filter and it idles great and seems to accelerate good too.

The biggest concern is when held at WOT it seems to start sputtering at about 8-10 mph. I am assuming that this is a rpm limiter. Is there a way around this?

I read about intake and exhaust pipe restrictors. I checked the intake pipe and exhaust pipe (at the engine side) for these restrictors and did not find anything. Am I missing something, or does it sound like they could already be removed?

The Quad also does not seem to have much torque. I read something about removal of a spacer in the CVT front pulley area, but I don't have the owner's or a service manual. If this is correct, what spacer are they talking about?

Thanks,
Bill

LT80
08-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Welcome to the forums Basebill.
The only help I can give is:: the machine may have a rev limiter but you are no way close to it at 10mph IMO.

airmobile101
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
There is a really good thread on a another web site all about it. Ill send yea the web site through a private message,but you have to search to find it!